[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First day as courier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CLINTON.jpg (468 KB, 1992x1492) Image search: [Google]
CLINTON.jpg
468 KB, 1992x1492
Hey /n/ tomorrow's my first day as a bike courier and I thought I'd come here and ask for some pointers or tips. Anything is welcomed, thanks in advance.
>>
Get a real job
>>
knowing how to get in and out of buildings to get packages and signatures is a billion times more important than going fast on your bike
>>
>>952542
This. Add to this being friendly to everyone - customers, the bitch at the front desk who sneerez at you, cops, drivers in traffic, ...
You'll be faster, get better routes, ride safer and have fewer hassles and more fun if you're friendly.
>>
>>952542
>>952571
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I work today.
>>
>>952514
lol, its a honourable job. when its raining you still have to deliver. Stupid ass jobs like working at a bakery , thats a noob job.
>>
>>952512

Good luck. I'd suggest adopting a really, really basic lifestyle (early retirement extreme levels) so you can squirrel away enough money to find a new job a year or so from now. Not that courier isn't a great thing to try, but one day you'll want to make enough money to get a wife/family and being broke past your early 20s is a bad idea. You'll need the money when it's time to move on

The only people who courier for longer are usually punk rockers and absolute weirdos
>>
>>952658
>not being an absolute weirdo
i shig to the diggity doo.
>>
>>952658
Defs and thanks for the advice anon, I live a pretty simple lifestyle already hah. This job doesn't seem half bad honestly. The worst part is gonna be the heat. I live here in Arizona and the weather during summer is constantly above 90°F. I'm sure the hotter it gets the more my pay will get raised because no one wants to run around in the heat. I've lived here my while life so I'm use to it. I just gotta expect me bitching a lot about the heat haha since I'm gonna be in it for 4+ hours at a time.
>>
>>952512
I live near nyc, I would really like to be a courier there, any tips on, landing the job from the start?
>>
>>952512
Brakes are death
>>
Can we start posting tips?

>if there are stairs take them (not always)
>smash the close doors button on the elevator
>hit the going down button after you exit to keep it open
>call customer ahead and get them to meet you in the lobby
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.