[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Belgian rider Femke van den Driessche has been banned fo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 4928.jpg (47 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
4928.jpg
47 KB, 620x372
The Belgian rider Femke van den Driessche has been banned for six years for using a hidden motor at the cyclo-cross world championships.

It is the International Cycling Union’s first sanction using its rules on technological fraud.

Brian Cookson, the UCI president, called it “a major victory” to help “keep this form of cheating out of our sport”.

The UCI banned Van den Driessche until October 2021, stripped her of her European under-23 title and fined her 20,000 Swiss francs (£14,000).

The 19-year-old rider had said she would skip her disciplinary hearing and retire from racing.

The UCI says inspectors found a motor “concealed along with a battery in the seat-tube” at the world under-23 race in Belgium in January.

The motor “was controlled by a Bluetooth switch installed underneath the handlebar tape”.

>women
>sports

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/26/belgian-cyclo-cross-rider-six-year-ban-motorised-bike
>>
File: burn_her_burn_her.jpg (67 KB, 533x288) Image search: [Google]
burn_her_burn_her.jpg
67 KB, 533x288
>>
I am shocked,
that Chain Reaction Cycles and Wiggle
are not selling this e-bike-motor kit
>>
>>948800
>blaming gender?
Are you pretending the top 20 places in the Tour de France weren't all using EPOs for at least a decade?
>>
>>948808
If everyone does it it's not cheating
>>
>>948800
Congratulations UCI
You have truly shown your dedication and firm intent of stopping cheaters and made an example of:
Someone we have never heard about
>>
>>948814
Also

bluetooh enabled? SCHWEET
(goes to show how much of a serious development this is)

Where do I buy one?
>>
File: itsover.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
itsover.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
Theres not stopping cheaters in bicycling. It's the most cheat infested sport ever.
>>
>>948800
I'd like to see more cheating girl cyclists stripped of their jerseys and humiliated if you know what I mean :)
>>
File: 5b79f94c_ibjjxORMIE4Qjj[1].gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
5b79f94c_ibjjxORMIE4Qjj[1].gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>948807
kek

>>948839
>>
So in actuality e-bikes are faster than road bikes?
>>
>>948921
Well if you pedal as well...
>>
>>948800
>The Belgian rider Femke van den Driessche has been banned for six years for using a hidden motor at the cyclo-cross world championships.
>not the rest of her life
Whoever the fuck gives this light punishment is a fucking downtube.
>>
>>948814
Also: a discipline that no one watches other than Belgians
>>
>>948963
>not the rest of her life
If this was the ban for cheating in cycling we wouldn't have any fucking riders left...
>>
How da fuck do you hide a motor on a bike?
>>
>>949052
like this, the vertical piece sits in the seat tube and engages the bottom bracket. the battery could be anywhere, usually in the downtube or the seatpost.
>>
>>949059
This is dumb. Any inspector should be able to lift the bike and instantly tell there's something fishy going on.
>>
>>949060
it only weighs about 1.8kg with batteries. On a cyclocross bike that isnt that much.
>>
>>948800
what a filthy cunt.
>>
>>949060
Why are the posters on this board so fucking retarded.
>>
>>948963
She's a gril. What were you expecting?
>>
>>948839
having a lightweight and hidden regenerative electric motor boost like KERS as allowed equipment in bike races would be fucking awesome, and would be a nice advancement in cycling technology
>>
>>949551

Car races have stuff like this, sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Grand_Prix_car#PowerBoost

>Each driver only has a limited number of uses of the PowerBoost function.

The idea is to facilitate overtaking, to make races more interesting for spectators. Not sure it makes any sense for bike races, really.

Maybe for something like Red Bull Rampage? because why the fuck not.
>>
>>949554
F1 has had it standard for a few years now. I don't think it's worked out that well for overtaking, although I barely pay attention to F1 anymore.

For bike races it could be an interesting consideration for strategy on attacks and sprints. And it would be fun to have the tech trickle down to consumers, instead of being some exotic bullshit you have to pay tens of thousands to some Hungarian to install.
>>
>>949060
>fred thinks UCI picks up every bike and red flags all of them above the weight limit

even if that was what they were doing, you could make a 7 kg bike with this motor. furthermore, they're not inspecting every bike on the grid, especially not backup bikes at women's u23 cyclocross.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.