[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here work in bicycle delivery or messaging? I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: jimmyjohns.jpg (102 KB, 1084x1084) Image search: [Google]
jimmyjohns.jpg
102 KB, 1084x1084
Does anyone here work in bicycle delivery or messaging? I am about to start working delivery at Jimmy John's, what should I expect?
>>
>>947121
>what should I expect
To be treated like a sandwich jockey who doesn't get any tips
>>
>>947121

exactly this>>947122

I worked there for a few months at the beginning of last semester and the employees/managers were total shit, and because the food was so cheap, you hardly get any good tips. The best part was being alone on the bike rides, but damn, is that worth it?
>>
>>947392
>>947122
You get more tips if you aren't sweaty and don't look like a slob. Both are extremely unappetizing.
>>
>>947121
i work as a bike delivery dude

It's really just what you'd imagine. I can't speak much for JJ since I don't work for them. So I don't know how they treat employees, how dropoffs work, etc

from what i hear they're not the best employers and you'll work with a lot of other fixie hipsters. i talked to one guy who said when he worked for JJ some of the other delivery people timed other peoples runs.
>>
>>947121
Smoke weed. Ride bike. Get paid. try to muscle your way to working part time during the lunch rush. Shit payed pretty good when I did it.
>>
I worked and bikes at JJs last semester, fucking terrible job. I would bring $40 dollar orders to sorority houses nightly and get a $2 tips. Your boss will most likely be a 35 year old college dropout with no life that acts like hot shit, other employees are cool sometimes though
>>
>>947781
LITERALLY a perfect description of the managers.

But hey, man, if the other workers are cool, you can make the best of it. The other cyclists weren't hipsters and all had road bikes with racing experience (even had a Jimmy John's team for a school cycling event). You WILL get good miles, but you will not get great pay for the effort. If anything, I got more tips BECAUSE I was on a bike than if I was in a car. Customers openly told me that.
>>
here, hold my log
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.