[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain to me why the fuck manufacturers put these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: quickrelease.jpg (34 KB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
quickrelease.jpg
34 KB, 720x552
Can somebody explain to me why the fuck manufacturers put these quck release fuckers to every single part they can found? Can we help out our fellow thieves even more? Are people nowadays really that lazy and dump that they cant use any tools?

Its pain in the ass to lock everything together or mod your perfectly fine new bike just because of that.
>>
>>947044
Because you shouldn't be locking up a garbon bike outside.
>>
File: 1441502966144.png (207 KB, 847x609) Image search: [Google]
1441502966144.png
207 KB, 847x609
Because axle nuts are the sux
>>
Because it makes it quicker and easier to remove you wheels in the event of a flat or when transporting the bike. If you don't like it locking skewers are cheap and take just a few minutes to fit, and most people that like those already have a set from previous bikes and simply transfer them over when they get a new bike or wheels.

If you complain about that you probably also get pissed that bikes only come with shitty pedals (which definitely need replacing if you ride clipless) and that the fit needs to be adjusted by you or at a shop..
>>
>>947044

>pain in the ass to lock everything together or mod

wat
>>
Enjoy walking home or lug an entire toolbox with you in event of a flat. That said, i welcome the qr thru axle overlords
>>
>>947209
He means locking the wheels to the frame at a rack or modifying the axle to bolt on I assume
>>
>>947044
>>947046
Is it so hard to lock your wheels to your frame?
>>
>>947212
>Enjoy walking home or lug an entire toolbox
wut, you can patch a tube without taking the wheel out and some multi-tools have 15mm wrenches on them...
>>
>>947215
I ain't waiting for your glue to dry m8. I'll ride off without you if you don't have a spare tube.
>>
>>947217
Time is not a valid reason for putting a new tube in, self adhesive patches are quicker to apply. The reason to change tubes is because of multiple punctures or an unpatchable one.
>>
>>947218
Change your tube on rides. Patch your tubes at home. You'll also come across difficulty remounting puncture proof tires with it still on the bike.gators are already tough to mount when it's off the bike.
>>
>>947044
just get a commuter bike...
>>
>>947221
>Change your tube on rides. Patch your tubes at home.
I'd rather do the opposite, I'm not removing my wheel whilst out riding if I don't have to where as at home I have more time and comfort to do so.

>You'll also come across difficulty remounting puncture proof tires with it still on the bike
I can't say I've had any trouble with any of the tyres I've had, in fact most have gone on easier than getting them off and didn't need a tyre lever. If your's are a pain then sure, take the wheel off.
>>
>>947221
Schwalbe doest have this problem :v)
>>
Allen key skewers my friend.

To anyone who complains they are slow, you just take an allen key out of your pocket/saddle bag (which you'd be going into anyway for tyre levers and tube...), stick it in the hole, twist, sorted.
All of my bikes have these. Deters the casual thief. Not much will stop a determined thief.
>>
>>947225
But removing a wheel literally take 10 seconds...
>>
File: Cl4PJ.jpg (9 KB, 410x270) Image search: [Google]
Cl4PJ.jpg
9 KB, 410x270
>>947044
You don't see them on commuter bikes, anon. If you want to buy a racer and leave it about town you're the special snowflake case that should have to modify the build and not everyone else.
A set of pic related is pocket change. Stop whining you twat.
>>
>>947239
Rear wheels can be a pain to remove and put back and either one requires flipping the bike upside down, potentially scuffing the seat, bars, stem, brake levers, or shifter or getting them dirty.
>>
>>947248
>either one requires flipping the bike upside down
No they fucking don't. Pull lever, lift bar/seat, wheel falls out, rest bike on dropouts if front, aganst post if rear. It as if most of you don't even bike.
>>
>>947249
>rest bike on dropouts if front
And then it ends up falling over at the slightest breeze, if you even have perfectly level ground to balance it on.

>aganst post if rear.
Because there are always posts around. Also I don't see how a post is going to prevent it from resting on the derailer.
>>
>>947256
So lay it on its side if you're out in a hurricane. Turning a bike upside down to remove/install wheels is pants on head retarded regardless.
>>
>>947238
>Allen key skewers my friend.
Woah, I had no idea these existed, thanks for showing me this friendo.
>>
Take the front wheel off, and lock it with rest of dlock and bike? Take QR skeewer with you for added saftly?
>>
>>947212

>Not enjoying the walk home as much as the ride home
>Bringing tools with you ever
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.