[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lets pay buy a bicycle for 3 grand, ride it for 20 miles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 00i0i_ePKo6YHPhdK_600x450[1].jpg (18 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
00i0i_ePKo6YHPhdK_600x450[1].jpg
18 KB, 337x450
>lets pay buy a bicycle for 3 grand, ride it for 20 miles and sell it for half the price.

Jesus Christ how do people like these exist?

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bik/5523567209.html
>>
Bikes have shit resale value. I posted my bike up for sale at 70% and got no replies.
>>
>>946923
>be 45ish recently divorced woman
>good settlement from ex-husband
>get lonely
>see sexy cyclists and want to go meet them
>buy a bike and realize it takes effort
>fuck it, I'll just meet guys on tinder
>oh shit I could use a few bucks now that my looks are gone and nobody supports my lazy ass
>sell bike
>>
Prime example of why I tell people to never get a new bike when first getting into cycling.
>>
he probably fucked it up and is trying to unload on a sucker
>>
>>946931
My first bike was a diamondback 99 dollars from the base, 2nd one was a huffy from a local bike shop. Both totaled for like 2.4k miles. Finally got a Caad 10 and got a pannier installed in it, too broke to afford another bike for a touring so i just used it on my road bike. What would be a good fun racing bike for the non rainy days?
>>
File: sickbmxstunt.jpg (61 KB, 978x582) Image search: [Google]
sickbmxstunt.jpg
61 KB, 978x582
What pisses me off worse is the fuckers who buy up old bikes at reasonable prices the second they get posted and then try to sell them for $400 with no work put into them. They just sit there on craigslist for years.

I've been looking for a decent bike to buy my grandpa to come touring with me on in the next couple of weeks but these old no life faggots make it so god damn difficult. No, your fucking Schwinn Varsity isn't "***RaRe!!***" you dickhead.
>>
>>946923
>apex
>fsa omega
>3k
Because someone added a grand to MSRP and it probably has 2000 miles on it.
>>
>>946923
it reminds them of their failure so they just want it gone
>>
>>946923
They exist so guys like me who are road racing on a budget can get a decent bike with low miles on it for a price we can afford. STFU and leave the fools and their money alone, you're ruining things for me.
>>
>>946931
>Go buy used
>looks nice
>get home
>doesn't work that well really
>get to bike shop
>tehy'll say drivetrain, brakes etc. have seen too many thousands of miles
>they'll replace it for 200 money units and also charge for the labor
>bike works, ride more
>bike is wrong size and doesn't fit
>"cycling is no fun"
>ditch the bike

It's not terribly bad idea to get a new bike if you're planing to ride more than couple of miles a day or longer rides than 20-30 km. Last season bikes can be found with pretty good deals and they're ok. But I admit I have no experience of 100-200 $ department store bsos. I guess they're worse than second hand ones.
>>
File: 1457133594769.jpg (72 KB, 630x525) Image search: [Google]
1457133594769.jpg
72 KB, 630x525
>tfw know a wealthy guy that constantly has at least 10-20 10k bikes rotation in his stable
>tfw buy them off him super cheap everytime he gets tired of looking at them
>most of the times hes never even riden them
On one hand it great for me but the other side of me gets depressed that these great bikes are basically used as coat hangers.
>>
>>946923
He probably rode it and instantly felt how much flex it had in the chain stays.
>>
>>946923
Is that a fucking microshift rear mech?
>>
>>946923
Bought my bike from a doctor with money to blow.

A very lightly used, year old, $4k+ bike ended up costing me $1600

People are dumb.
>>
>>947041
>But I admit I have no experience of 100-200 $ department store
Brakes will have to be replaced otherwise you readjust them weekly.
Screws will go loose.

They've been very shit for me.
Then again, I didn't take very good care of it.
Then again, more expensive higher quality bikes did handle my abuse
>>
>>947026
>>947169

that's basically it. Lets say I make 200k + a year. I can buy w/e bike I want. I buy it, ride it for a season then something new catches my eye. I sell it for 1600 because I need to get something back, but money isn't crucial. I still remember being a broke kid, I still remember struggling after school and riding a piece of shit everywhere. I just want to make sure my bikes go to people that are going to ride them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.