[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1461083103004.jpg (112 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
1461083103004.jpg
112 KB, 784x708
Guys have you ever had a tire explode? I'm really really low on money and can't afford. I use my bike to get to work.
>>
If you are that poor, don't eat during a day, and buy a tire with the saved money. And next time, learn to save money, don't spend it all.
>>
>>946007
Put your most questionable tire on the back wheel, I've had blowouts on both wheels and it's much easier to control the bike and avoid crashing if the back tire goes flat suddenly.
>>
>>946032
Thanks
>>
File: Capture.jpg (138 KB, 1912x693) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
138 KB, 1912x693
Had my rear tire blow out on this corner and ended up doing a stoppie against the barrier because i couldn't turn without wiping out and was going too quickly to break. I prroobably should have just put the bike down, gotten completely fucked on the gravel and not been at risk of flying off a cliff people handglide from, but i came to the barrier, my rear wheel raised up about a meter and then came down again and it was all good.

I was on 23mm tires that i should have replaced ages ago. I booted it with an energy gel and rode down very slowly and extremely chuffed to not be lying in a mangled heap at the bottom of a cliff.

So OP my advice is just not to go riding mountains.

>>946032
also this
>>
>>946007
My rear tire when I hit a curb. It was dark. No streetlight around. Even my bidon flew out of his cage. And an other time my front tire blew up out of the blue. I wasn't even riding. Both were Schwalbe Ultremo's. Since I switched to other tires it never happened again.
>>
>>946007
Do you have a bike co-op where you can trade labor for used parts?
>>
>>946157
That would be dope. I'll have to look around.
>>
I got rear tire blowout today. Shit happens occasionally when bunnyhopping stairs up. Not a problem. Though I don't know what happens, if you blow your rubber in middle of a fast turn. I guess fron blowoff would be pretty horrible too.
>>
>>946007
Ride off a cliff
>>
>>946007
What's your PayPal I'll give you some $$. Or bitcoin if you want
>>
>>946933
[email protected]
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.