[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got signed up for a 25 mile Bike Tour for some charity. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: DSCN1595.jpg (295 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1595.jpg
295 KB, 640x480
I got signed up for a 25 mile Bike Tour for some charity. The only bike I have is an old beach cruiser. It's heavy as fuck but the seat is comfy. The trail is supposed to be on flat paved roads. No idea if there are any hills. 25 miles isn't much and I believe we'll be going at a leisurely pace, enjoying the farmlands and good weather.

Would a beach cruiser be okay for a 25 mile scenic route or should I borrow a more appropriate road bike?
>>
I suppose you could, 25 mile is a short travel, and you can always man up and pedal harder if there is any hill.
>>
Those rides are slow as fuck, any bike will do
>>
>>944409
Okay thanks. I was looking at the pictures of their website and these seem like long term bikers. All spandex, those weird pointy helmets. And here I show up with a fat cruiser.
>>
>>944411
Even better.
>>
>>944398
FUCKING FILL UR TYRES TO THE RECCOMENDED PRESSURE DICTATED ON THE FUCKING SIDEWALLS

Srry,living in the Netherlands makes me a bit mad
>>
>>944511
Do fill tires to rec PSI--this will help with speed.

Also: make sure the height of the seat is proper (so your knees aren't coming up to your elbows).

You should be fine. 25 mi is not much.
>>
>>944511
> go for a ride
> see a couple riding on shit bikes
> tire is so flat
> rims almost bottoming out
> know a puncture is imminent
Feels bad man
>>
File: 20150724_140429.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150724_140429.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>944398
I took a bunch of people, girls included for a 60 mile ride. They have wide mtbs and it was a breeze even though some of them never rode in years. The elevation gain was 1 foot over the entire 60 miles in the canadian prairies. Should be easy if its totally flat. Pic is related, not the rider tho
>>
>>944398
what is the charity called? I signed up for a 100 miler in a few months but they offer 25,50,60,75, and 100.
>>
File: kitty-pryde-rapper.jpg (41 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
kitty-pryde-rapper.jpg
41 KB, 550x413
i'm going to kill myself
>>
>>944398
The only potential problem i can see with this is, even if the seat is comfy on short rides, the upright sitting position may cause butthurt (literally) quicker on longer rides, as compared to a sportier riding position.
>>
>>944515
>Feels bad man
>not feeling good about the amusement it brings you
>>
>>944514
>Do fill tires to rec PSI--this will help with speed.
The unit you choose for this purpose is irrelevant to the performance gains.
>>
I wonder how did it go for OP
>>
File: hoyquads.jpg (45 KB, 306x490) Image search: [Google]
hoyquads.jpg
45 KB, 306x490
>>944515
Chris Hoy said he used to have to stop himself from intervening when he saw some mongo with knees up to his chin. Which happened all day.
>>
File: Hoy_Chris_TrackEuro10.jpg (41 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Hoy_Chris_TrackEuro10.jpg
41 KB, 300x450
>>947959
This is now a Sir Hoy thrud
>>
Bump4
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.