[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sik bike modz thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: sickmodz.jpg (691 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
sickmodz.jpg
691 KB, 1836x3264
what does /n/ think of my modz? I bought 2 big ass Polish surplus bags off of ebay for ~$30 and clipped them together to use as panniers for groceries and shit. I used gardening mesh to keep the bags out of the wheels and chain. It works well, I just wish it looked better. I can haul a lot of weight now.

Share your mods
>>
Thats pretty damn cool, those things look fuckhuge. Maybe cut the extra mesh so it looks less jury rigged, but thats part of the charm.

Also, you either are a midget or you are destroying your knees. Sort out your saddle height m80.
>>
>>944215
I'm 6ft, what do
>>
>>944215
What this guy said. >>944215
Your seat is super low if you're 6ft. Full extension of your leg is desirable on the down stroke but it's whatever is comfy for you. Nice bike mane
>>
>>944221
To get you in the ballpark, adjust your seat until you can extend you legs fully with your pedal at the 5 o'clock position, with your heel on the pedals.
>>
>>944230
>>944224

Watched a youtube video that had you measure your inseam and subtract 10cm from it to get the length from the center of the axle to the top of the seat.

My inseam in 32.5 inches so I adjusted it to 28.5 inches and also tilt the seat down a few degrees in the front. It feels really tall to me but I've never properly ridden bikes before so idk. When you are at a full stop should you be able to sit on the seat and touch the ground with your feet or is that improper seat height?
>>
>>944237
>inseam and subtract 10cm
Well that's obviously bullshit. A standard crank is about 17cm long, so that would mean you couldn't reach the pedal. You're 7cm short.

You should just barely be able to pedal with your heels without rocking your pelvis.
>>
>>944240
Yea, I propped it up against a table and peddled backwards, it's slightly too long. I took it down a bit and it's better.
>>
>>944244
It's not all better. That means your bike is several sizes too big. Like, lots and lots of sizes.
>>
>>944247
What do you mean? If I can adjust the seat height to so that my legs are are straight at the bottom of a cycle then the bike fits.
>>
>>944248
Do your bits touch the top tube if you stand over it? Is there at least a couple of fingers worth of room?
If it's tapping your sack when you just stand over it, your frame is too big mate.
>>
>>944268
Nah, me balls fly free.
>>
>>944230
Don't you mean 6 o clock position? Otherwise his foot will fall off the pedal every time they go full circle and he'd have to find it with his foot as it comes back around. That'd be no bueno.
>>
>>944269
If your balls are free over the top tube while standing on the ground straddling the frame, there's no way in hell that your leg is anywhere close to full extension at the bottom of the pedal stroke like you claim in >>944248. The seat is simply way too low for that.

>>944237 Yes, your seat is way, way too low if you can sit on the seat and have both feet on the ground.
>>
moar mods
>>
>>944296
5 o'clock,

>with your heel on the pedals
>>
>>944188
>15 posts
>only OP is on topic
way to go, /n/.

I made this thing because the FD clamp bolt kept catching the hem of my pant-leg and tearing holes in my pants. that white putty goes over the clamp and helps keep the mod in place.

1/3
>>
>>945673
here's the mod, it's a pingpong ball with an elastic hair tie and a post to retain the elastic riveted on

2/3
>>
>>945675
and here it is in place. the flash makes the paint job look like shit. it looks good under regular light

3/3
>>
I made a panier out of a size 40 pair of cargo pants. Cut the leg short and sewn it. Pic once I get the webbing to tie it to my bike.
>>
File: 1460645937837.jpg (191 KB, 1024x813) Image search: [Google]
1460645937837.jpg
191 KB, 1024x813
>>944237
Haha what the fuck? I'm 5'7 and have a 32" inseam.
>>
>>945673
>>945675
>>945676
One of the most retarded things I've seen in my life desu
>>
>>945713
ya, but it beats ripped pants
>>
File: Robotnik_pose_32.png (2 MB, 1690x2609) Image search: [Google]
Robotnik_pose_32.png
2 MB, 1690x2609
>>945712
>>
>>945722
and rolled-up pants beat both
>>
>>945748
And wearing proper cycling clothes beats all of that. But I know how much you guys hate being confused for someone who has their shit together.
>>
>>945758
it's on my city commuter, I wear what I wear to work. I roll my cuffs but sometimes they come undone on the ride and I don't notice until they catch and they're ruined. jesus christ, I'm not saying you all need one, this is just what works for me.
>>
has anyone figured out how to make a saddle that sucks your dick and not be really obvious about it like any idiot can tape a fleshlight to a saddle but it takes real engineering talent to massage cum out of a cock all stealthy-like
>>
>>945764
Don't listen to them. If it doesn't cost a few hundred bucks and is not shiny, it's below them to even think about a solution as viable.
It's a good idea, cheap and effective. I like it.
>>
>>945676
>>945675
>>945673

more power to you.
>>
>>944188
My mod #1 a small switch inside a cut-off BIC lighter. Easy to reach headlight thumb-switch.
>>
>>945850
and #2 chainguard, keeping my chain dry and the dirt away. Had to lube my chain last week for the first time after ~7.500 km
>>
>>945850
cool!

>>945851
I remember this. must be nice to have a full chaincase. the pinion--which is cool in itself, I'm jelly--makes it easier. I've got 2 derailleurs, though ( ._.)
>>
>>945922
Thanks. The chaincase is just there because the weather here makes it necessary. I'd also ride a derailleur, it's just not practical on my commute.

Where are you from and how's your commute?
>>
>>945850
I just leave the light on all the time, I don't see the point of turning the light off.
>>
>>945940
>I don't see the point of turning the light off.
not him, but the point is battery life?

you sound like you run a hub dynamo. in which case: ya, run it all the time.
>>
>>945940
Well, I switch it off because the generator consumes energy. Around 6 Watts @20kph for the Son28 dynamo I have (in a 26" rim).
>>
>>945972
wait, you're saying that the hub generator spins freely when you turn off the light, and only offers rolling resistance when actually generating power? like, it isn't always engaged, and you don't mecahnically clutch it out, you just switch the light off?
>>
>>945990
It offers much less resistance shut off since it doesn't produce electricity.
>>
>>945990
Yes, you don't need to mechanically clutch it out. It is enough to shut off the light. The hub will then spin freely.
>>
>>945993
>>945994
man, i never knew. thanks, y'all
>>
>>945712
Lmao I'm 6' with a 30" inseam. My dad's side of the family have even shorter legs in proportion to their height, they look like IRL Peanuts characters.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.