[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Injury thread I just fell on a sidewalk How bad is this? Doctor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (791 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
791 KB, 3264x2448
Injury thread

I just fell on a sidewalk
How bad is this? Doctor needed? It feels just a tad bad, I can't tell if I need bandages, open air or how to treat this at all

I cleaned it tho

With rubbing alcohol

All the skin segments sre flaps yes
>>
Biking injuries of course
>>
The blackness around the edges of your skin near the deepest cut is a sign of infection. I'm guessing you continued riding for awhile before cleaning it out.

A $20 pair of gloves would've prevented this by the way
>>
Get another pic OP but further back this time.
>>
>>941704
Blue board
why don't you take this to >>>/b/
they will give you lots of injury pics
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>941712
what, tell me now please

Yea I rode home

The black part was a deep red when I first saw it

When I got home it became black

How do I clean!?

The veins on the back of my hands I can visibly see easierly due to the blood pumping out a lot more

Also I need to ice it.

Should I get pain killers and cut the skin flap?
>>
>>941712
Not always my nigga.
Sometimes it's just shit from the road until you wash it out.
Scaring the little chink.
>>
>>941716
DO NOT CUT THE SKIN FLAP!!!

That will just make the injury more exposed. any dead skin will fall off in time but after everything is healed up a little.
>>
>>941719
Ok yea, it was just clotted blood.

It's clearer now, but it hurts more now

What do I do after cleaning it? I'm confused it this shit needs air, bandaging, a mix

I don't really get injured
>>
>>941704
This is what happens when pedestrians won't wear helmets
>>
You definitely don't need a doctor, just keep disinfecting it with isopropyl alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Personally I wouldn't even do a bandage. Just keep it clean.
>>941714
>>>>facebook
>>941716
>How do I clean!?
Soap+water to get rid of dirt and such. Isopropyl alcohol (aka rubbing alcohol) or hydrogen peroxide as disinfectant. In an emergency, hand sanitizer can work too, but is not as good of an option as the other two. Hydrogen peroxide is the best (and will sting like fuck) but isopropyl alcohol is completely sufficient too.
>>
>>941722
>What do I do after cleaning it? I'm confused it this shit needs air, bandaging, a mix
The point of a bandage is to keep a wound clean (or in more severe cases, to halt bleeding, but that's irrelevant in this case). If you can keep it clean without a bandage, it's best not to put a bandage on. Air is better for it, plus a bandage would have a tendency to stick to the wound, would could aggravate it when you pull off the bandage to change it. If you're going to be doing yardwork or anything else where you could get it dirty, a temporary bandage (and even pair of gloves) may be a good idea. But in general, if you can manage to keep it clean without a bandage, that's your best bet. No bandage, any time it gets dirt in it wash with water and follow up with disinfectant.
>>
>>941726
KEK made me laugh
Thanks for that

Sweet thanks guys, I only have one problem left.

I do have to watch some kids later, about 30 of them, with 3 other adults

I can't just have this shit out in the open, they'll flip/won't shut up

What's the best way to cover it up, While also damaging the least
>>
>>941730
If it was me I'd just not give a fuck what they think and keep it open. But otherwise a simple bandage (even just wrap a strip of cloth around your hand would be fine) is probably best. When time comes to take it off just do so gently, and wet it with warm water to help in the removal. I would avoid bandaids, just use a good old fashioned cloth bandage (which can be homemade with a strip of cloth).
>>
>>941732
Ok thanks, yeah no I'm gonna have to cover it up. So many kids are scared of blood, plus they won't shut up if they see it because

Blood=cool for some
>>
>clean the wound
>get large sized bandaid(knee or elbow) or bandage cloth
>slap that shit on
>go out
>get gloves
>ride with gloves the next time

Do not cut the skin off or you'll end up with a larger scar. It'll take longer to heal too. As long as it's clean you're good to cover it up. Never leave wounds to air, cells regenerate faster in warm and moist conditions.
>>
>>941719
But I love scaring chinks. Besides, it's not like you're a doctor either, maybe it is infected
>>
>>941716

you need to debride the wound

get some vicodine or whatever, possibly just nut up and do it since it already hurts anyway.

get a brush or a washcloth and sanitize with alcohol.

use generous amounts of hydrogen peroxide and really get it foaming by pouring over the wound. do this a couple of times. then brush the area as deeply as you can handle. you need to clean it until the meat in the wound looks clean. you should bleed a lot when you do this. wash the wound under cold tap water and look into it to make sure there are no bits of dirt or gravel in there. pour alcohol over it again, then apply iodine directly to the wound and then cover up with a bandage covered in neosporine.

change it twice tonight and then three times tomorrow . wipe with alcohol and add new iodine for the next couple of days when you change the bandage.

change as needed after that, and when you start to see granular bodies develop (bright pink and white tissue filling in the wound) you can trim any loose skin that is dead or hasn't fallen off yet.

I layed open the back of my hand with a paddle bit , all the way to the bone , and did this. lost tons of blood and went into shock for a bit, but long term it healed up perfectly, no infection. I believe that peroxide is only good to clear a wound out. it has limited antiseptic properties and actually degrades the tissue thst is trying to heal, so use it as little as possible. iodine is more important
>>
>>941735
This...with the possible addition of super glue. If the sucker is torn up pretty bad, you can get around stitches and large scars by super gluing most of the wound back together. Burns like utter hell at first, but works awesome.

>protip: do not glue the entire wound shut, as your body will create fluids that need to drain out, so leave a little bit of it unglued for that purpose or you will get a shitty infection.
>>
Is this thread for real?
>>
OP is prob already kill
>>
Hello 4chan,

Unfortunately, OP passed away in his sleep this morning due to eternal bleeding.
We will be planning a family-only funeral, but I know how important this internet community was to my son, so I am here to break the bad news.

Please include myvson in your prayers.

Sincerely,
OP's mother
>>
>>941704
are you dense ? if you're wondering go ask a doctor, not 4chan.
>>
>>941704
>broke my collarbone last summer
>riding season is over for me + no fap july
>back on the trails in february
>push myself a bit too far, develop kneepain
>two months later still can't ride
FUUUUUUUUU-
>>
>my wrist hurts
>too lazy to adjust my seat
>"bawwwkmh"
>>
>>941704
See a doctor: that'll probably need stitches.

The wound is so open that its almost guaranteed to get infected if you don't get it sewn up.
>>
>>941974

No, it won't... there's nothing to stitch. It's just skin.

All OP needs to do is clean and bandage it, and enjoy a nasty scar.
>>
Thank goodness I live in the UK with 'free' healthcare. I can go down the hospital and they will sort me out right away. The only problem is a risk of catching the superbug from there.
>>
>>941931
>kneepain

Time for surgery
>>
>>941990
''''''''''''''''''''free''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>941974
Not really, all he has to do is put on some antiseptic daily and apply gauze
>>
>>941704
Idiot, just bandage that and cold feel it for a week.
>>
>>941983
I've had lots of that kinds of injuries, most didn't even leave scars. I don't know how it's possible to overreact as much as OP did
>>
>>941712
Infection takes longer than that to set in m8, its probably dirt/clotted dried blood.
>>
File: 1417596997208.jpg (50 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1417596997208.jpg
50 KB, 500x400
I guess I might overplay all of you.

>do first tour with my freshly build bike
>all smooth until I suddenly wake up in an ambulance, showered in my own blood
>completely lost consciousness, no memory of what happened at all
>get to hospital
>broke part of my neck spine off, lost hearing in my left ear, small fraction in the area that connect jaw with ear, almost lost sight in my right eye by 1cm (super lucky), all the ligaments that connected to that particular part of my spine became useless, resulting in incredible pain with every movement
>bike was trashed, needless to say

today:
>got my hearing back, although it will never be 100% again
>will remain fluctuating movement pain for the rest of my life
>fluctuating high pitched tinnitus (probably for life too)

Wear a helmet guys. Better look uncool than get paralysed from the neck downwards.
>>
>>943693
>implying helmets prevent neck and spine injury
>implying helmets aren't well known to exacerbate such trauma
That said, you have my sympaties bro. My broken finger (no helmet) and hand in plaster doesn't seem so bad any more.
>>
multiple crashes over the years

collar bone and knock myself out, then not know whats going on for 2 hours but road my bike home anyways.. not that I remember

elbow, basically I accidentally front flipped a jump and saved my neck, and the elbow although broken was more like a jammed finger, but instead it was an elbow and 2 sprained wrists

nose, it was like a month after my dad broke it the 1st time but taught me to straighten it out before it starts swelling.. no time lost riding I was back at it 20 minutes later, dont over shoot jumps and somehow miss the full face protection with the bars

cracked ribs, yeah more jumping and not landing

does knocking myself out on parked cars count? cause 2 of those + 1 where the minivans window broke my fall, but I stayed awake for that one
>>
>>943693
How did this happen, were there any witnesses?
>>
>>943693
I assume you got rammed by a car?
>>
>>943734
>>943751
I remember and know absolutely nothing from the accident itself. Last thing I remember was cruising on a nice road without any traffic, enjoying the summer wind on my face and gazing at the scenery of nature. Then it's all black and I wake up in an ambulance and some paramedic guy asks my name. It's what happens when you suffer brain trauma. Everything is wiped out from your memory. I wish I knew what happened.
>>
>>943952
It was probably a cager, everyone remember to key a cage today
>>
>>943952
And there were no witnesses? Car crash marks anywhere in your bike? Nothing at all? Spooky.
>>
>>943952
I crashed really hard once too, riding downhill to the bike shop as my brakes were not working. Should have walked down the hill. I panicked and focused at a curb, hit it and scraped the left of my face up. I can remember what happened but very vaguely. Also the nurse that took X-ray scans pushed my shoulders down when I told her not to and it caused me to puke all over the stretcher or bed. My eyes were closed the whole time because i was dizzy and would puke if I open them. The lady in the car in front of me saw what happened and kept my bike for me. Mostly unharmed actually, just a missing front QR and untrue wheel. Probably just the hit to the curb and it fell over instead of grinding.
>>
>>943969
No witnesses per se, but only 1 man (a fellow bike rider who passed by on his tour) saw me laying there and called the ambulance to pick me up. I could have died from cardiac arrest because I laid in the hot sun unconscious when he found me. I wish I could thank the guy, but the police does not give out the contact data to witnesses for understandable reasons.

Wherever you are unknown bike dude, thanks.
>>
NOT ENOUGH INJURIES IN THIS THREAD
>>
This was face-first into a curb, no helmet

I was

1. Riding a flat bar bike I put together with bars that were too narrow for proper handling

2. Riding on the sidewalk

3. Jumped off of the sidewalk and back on. Sidewalk had a 2 inch lip disguised by tall grass.

4. Hit at a very slight angle and went over the sidewalk, missed some nice soft grass, hit the curb

I never, ever rode on sidewalks, I knew it was dangerous. This was the first time I'd done it in years.

No concussion, no stitches. Brown mark under my eye for 2 years, 4 years later it still turns a little brown if I get a tan.

Don't ride on the sidewalk
>>
>>941704
haha fucking bicyclist fag you deserve it
>>
>>943959
>It was probably a cager, everyone remember to key a cage today
...aaand that would help HOW?

Don't get me wrong, I hate and fear motorcars, but scratching them wont make the driver drive savely IMAO.

Better infect all canbus programmers with a speed and power limiter, that would reduce cars kinetic killing energy =m/2*v^2 and fuel use :-)
>>
Need to install seatbelts and airbags on bikes.
>>
File: 00000000.jpg (473 KB, 872x1624) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
473 KB, 872x1624
Passed a taxi on the right and the person behind opened the door, caught the edge with my fist
>>
File: 00000000 (2).jpg (434 KB, 1770x2370) Image search: [Google]
00000000 (2).jpg
434 KB, 1770x2370
>>944359
And after the operation
>>
>>944302
>Don't get me wrong, I hate and fear motorcars, but scratching them wont make the driver drive savely IMAO.
Empirical evidence suggests it does. Systematically vandalizing cars for infractions like parking in bike lanes is what built the respect for cycists lives and bike inifrastructure, and social stigma surrounding being an entitle cager, in countries like Denmark and the NL.
Everywhere else, where focus has been on 'dialogue' and civil behaviour, bike infrastructure has degenerated into strewn about, unconnected strips of leftover asfalt mainly used as convenient parking by selfabsorbed motorists.
See Stop de Kindermoord.
>>
>>944367
Ah so you're saying if I start to clothesline cyclists who ride on the pavement the next time I'm walking on it, that will stop them doing it in future? Interesting advice, thanks anon.
>>
>>944387
>equating property damage to bodily injury
But yes, that will surely have an effect if widely employed, and if there is a clear connection between riding on the sidewalk and getting attacked.
>>
>>944393
Okay, so you're saying just wait until they stop and then bend their wheels?
>>
>>944403
If you wish. I'm sensing you're trying to make a point. What is it?
>>
>>944387
>>944403
This is an interesting insight into motor owner pshycology. He is so emotionaly attached to his vehicle, that the thought of cosmetic damage to instantly provokes a sense of proportional retribution in maiming a human being or rendering another vehicle functionaly inoperable.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what an unhealthy emotional attachment to inanimate objects and rampant sense of entitlement does to people.
>Okay, so you're saying just wait until they stop and then bend their wheels?
Or, you know, like for like: scratch the paint.
>>
>>944407
>like for like: scratch the paint.

It is like for like. Scratching the paint on a bike wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. Even if the owner cared, the repair wouldn't cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars; bending the wheels on the other hand would come in at the several hundred dollar mark, which is comparable.

>rampant sense of entitlement does to people.

You mean like causing criminal damage to a car because you don't like how it's parked? Okay.

Nice speech though by the way. I could sense the ladies panties dropping as you wrote it.
>>
>>944415
>Scratching the paint on a bike wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.
Just like a scratch on a car doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. It's still a car, it still gets you where you need to go, you can still run over pedestrians all you want; it just looks bad.
>You mean like causing criminal damage to a car because you don't like how it's parked?
If scratched paint gets you so upset you need to injure people, how about just not parking in the bike lane?
I'm saying it's effective, and the effect has been demonstrated.
>muh vehicle is more expensive and should be given preferential care
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>944415
>cyclists expecting bike lanes to not be used for parking is entitlement
>t. cager
Top kek m8

But I agree with you, I do. Even as a cyclist. Please, if you ever find a 1.5 tonne bike parked in the middle of the road, feel free to vandalize it any way you want. Including breaking the wheels.
>>
File: laughing2.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing2.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
>>944419
>Just like a scratch on a car doesn't make the slightest bit of difference

Water ingress into the steel panels causes rust which can be a serious structural problem in modern monocoque cars. Scratch repairs usually cost thousands of dollars.

>If scratched paint gets you so upset you need to injure people, how about just not parking in the bike lane?

If a parked car gets you so upset you need to commit criminal damage, how about just not being a sociopath?

>I'm saying it's effective, and the effect has been demonstrated.

Well then we should definitely use this method for cyclist who flout the rules, too. Then everyone can learn to obey the rules.

>>944424
>Motorists not expecting their cars to be vandalised is entitlement.
>t. cyclist

>Only large vehicles can break the rules and therefore "deserve" retribution.
>t. cyclist

>Cyclists riding on the pavement can't injure pedestrians, sometimes fatally.
>t. cyclist
>>
File: prometheus.gif (3 MB, 220x242) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.gif
3 MB, 220x242
>>944432
>Well then we should definitely use this method for cyclist who flout the rules, too.
Who said you shouldn't? The butthurt is strong with this one.
>muh rust problem
>>
>>944432
This is buthurt. I can tell by all the linebreaks and from having seem a lot of but hurt in my time.
>rust
>monocoque
>grasping at straws
>>custom steel bike worth more than your cage
>>
>>944432
>>944434
Shut the fuck up fags, youre ruining the thread
>>
>>944359
fucking hell
>>
File: thewhitethingiscream.jpg (84 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
thewhitethingiscream.jpg
84 KB, 528x960
welp, gonna help revive this
>be riding
>bus hitted me from behind
>i was sent flying
>slipped through the pavement for 2-3m
>burns all over my right side of body
>fuckithurts.jpg
>doctors told me to clean it and apply cream as long as its open
>one week later and my wounds burn every day, all the time
>i continue to ride a bike with no problems
>fucking cagers gonna have to do more to take me out
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 MB, 3552x2000
>do not put knee pads on for the first time in a year
>ride inna woods
>uphill
>110% power output
>hug the ground
>>
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
>>944958
>knee hurts
>>
File: 3.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
>>944959
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
>>944960
I do not know if it is healing well, didn't go to see a doc.
>>
>>944960
Nice Inbred, anon. Sorry about the knee.
>>
>>944961
The pink edges is inflamation. I wouldn't bust down the door to the A&E, but get your local doctor/nurse have a look. At least to advice you on some anti-inflamatory pill dosage.
>>
>>944962
Thanks
>>944963
Good idea, as the pink area has grown
>>
File: 5.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3552) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3552
>>944958
I'm going to get ZEE cranks to replace the broken SLX. I bet the ZEE is be able to handle more torque as the crank arms are not hollow.

Of course the SLX cranks are not made for SS build. However this kind of failure didn't cross my mind, how common a catastrophic crank failure is?
>>
File: 1460714594388.jpg (166 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
1460714594388.jpg
166 KB, 600x494
>>941704
>cleaned it with rubbing alcohol
Oh God no you should have used honey instead oh God you poor thing
>>
>>944961
Don't worry too much as long as it doesn't hurt more each day

Injuries to the knee are always out of the ordinary and always take a long time to heal
>>
Put a knife to your neck and kill yourself
>>
>>944969
>how common a catastrophic crank failure is?
Uncommon, but it happens. Even on the road. You only need a dent or bend to act as a stress amplifier, and it will fail from fatigue sooner or later.
>>
Why not just go to the doctor?
>>
File: plastic.jpg (1 MB, 2219x1498) Image search: [Google]
plastic.jpg
1 MB, 2219x1498
>>944989
i cant affordit,, Medinsurance takes all munys.
>>
>>945010
this photo, from a composition standpoint, is by far your best, and perhaps one of the best amateur photos I've seen on the internet. great light, great subject, great balance.

I really like it.
>>
>>945010
>medinsurance take monies

isn't that the point? to have insurance to go to the doctor when you need it?
>>
>>944360
does that piece of metal stay there? or do you have another operation after the bone stitches up to remove it?
>>
>>945211
It's there forever. They had to cut the finger tendon to put it there, which was the most tricky bit about my recuperation, so cutting it up again to remove the thingie would be madness. It's been several months since the operation and I've recovered full finger mobility. The metal piece is very noticeable, bulges a little, you can feel it if you touch around, and sometimes does a little *click!* if I open my hand too quick. Doesn't hurt though.
>>
>>945255
damnnn
>>
>>941704
>>941716
>>944174
>>944177
>>944359
>>944360
>>944822
>>944959
>>944960
>>944961
Daily reminder that those horrible injuries were caused by disc brakes.
>>
>>945627
And it all could have been prevented if they'd only wear a simple helmet.
>>
File: chopped and screwed 2.png (402 KB, 632x862) Image search: [Google]
chopped and screwed 2.png
402 KB, 632x862
>>941704
>>944360

go fund me /hitandrundc
>>
File: chopped and screwed 1.png (355 KB, 434x856) Image search: [Google]
chopped and screwed 1.png
355 KB, 434x856
>>945641
>>
>>941727
Alcohol hurts way more than hydrogen peroxide
>>
>>945641
>>945642
Ouch
>>
File: pg9kAZGh.jpg (173 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
pg9kAZGh.jpg
173 KB, 480x640
>>944174
What about facial damage? I broke a car windshield with my face, wasn't wearing a helmet. I was biking around a blind turn and got hit going 20 by a car cutting the turn and went otb, smacked my face and did some mid-air rag-dolling, then hit the ground. I ran over to the guys car and started apologizing profusely because I didn't know I had just torn my nostril and lip completely open and broke my nose in four places. I got really lucky though, the emt said I only got a very mild concussion and my septum didn't even get missaligned.
>>
>>947876
you're an idiot. never apologize after a traffic accident. wait 10 minutes before making a statement or decision. your mind isn't thinking straight when adrenaline kicks in.
>>
File: ss (2014-12-16 at 09.05.26).png (64 KB, 607x607) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-12-16 at 09.05.26).png
64 KB, 607x607
from /diy/
>>
>>947866

thats what I said
>>
>>947881
No shit, I just broke the windshield and knocked off the side view mirror of a new m3, I felt fucking sorry. He told my I should sit down because I was bleeding a lot, and he called an ambulance for me so I was able to get the fee waved. Also he had good insurance so he didn't really care about the damage to his car. You do have a point though, I wasn't really thinking since I've never been hit by a car before and it could have gone a lot worse if he felt like being a dick.
>>
>>944822
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
Please re-read the SI Brochure.
>>
>>950156
It would be quick and painless. It would be the best gift you could give your so called family at this point. The lack of oxygen even triggers a sense of euphoria. This is why high altitude flight requires special training and subtle loss of pressure is so dangerous; it even feels good. You won't feel sad and lonely any more. Just bliss from the first breath, and oblivion on the tenth.

Build the exit tent. You know you want to, and so does your mom. Secretly.
>>
>>950172
The best gift we could all give the world at this point is perfect use of SI units, prefixes and unit symbols as prescribed by the SI Brochure.
>>
>>944822
I was in a incident with a bus myself. Broke 3 of my teeth (ton of dental surgery) pushed in the lower row of my teeth in a bit. Also had some burns on my hands and face and elbows. My elbows have always been scared up but the only real noticeable scar from the crash is this burn right above my right hand. I was going about like 25 mph while I crashed.
>>
File: 20160429_014447.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160429_014447.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>950182
forgot to add pic
>>
File: IMG_4956.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4956.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
slipped on a dirt road yesterday night
>>
>>951471
>hairy leg
you deserve it
>>
>>941716

>>941721
don't listen to him, cut the flap
it'll make the scar bigger and you'l look cooler ;)
>>
>>951502
That's a leg?
>>
>>945255
I did something similar to a finger a few years back and had a pin put in it. They pulled the pin out 6 weeks later. Finger has about 80% of the flexibility.

It has been a while since I have gone down

>2008
>riding with new brakes and cables
>jam on them to see how good they are
>I must go my people need me
>broken arm, bad facial laceration, no fap levels of injury to my hands and knees because lolgloves

8 weeks later
>riding out to buy gloves
>clip a curb
>rip up my hands again
>massive bruise on my thigh
>get back on the bike and buy the gloves

8 years later and no accidents. Feel like I am overdue for one that will put me in the ICU.
>>
File: vcauHqq.jpg (86 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
vcauHqq.jpg
86 KB, 960x1280
>>941704
>get brand new road bike for my birthday
>go to local park the next day to ride it for the first time
>see a big ass pile of snow on the side of the road
>decide I should ride my brand new road bike through it at 30 mph
>turns out it was frozen and just became a ramp
>do a sick ass jump and fly over the handlebars
>land on my shoulder hard as hell

I had never broken a bone before so I though I had just dislocated it or something.

>"haha that doesn't feel right"
>feel my left collarbone, all is good
>then I feel my right collarbone
>what the fuck
>why is there only half a bone

Turns out I had a 200% clavicle fracture that sent the other half of my collarbone towards my neck. Had to get a metal plate put in and haven't been able to carry a backpack with both arms since. At least the bike was okay though.
>>
File: 20140110_151505.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140110_151505.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Broke my arm while working as a messenger back in 2013. Had to get surgery, they put a plate and six screws in
>>
File: rattleme(collar)bone censored.png (685 KB, 1361x547) Image search: [Google]
rattleme(collar)bone censored.png
685 KB, 1361x547
Went mountain biking for the first time with uni bicycle group. Next day I rent a mountain bike and go to same uni's baja track (where they test their vehicle). Try and jump using a waaaay too steep 8'' mound of dirt.
>>
>>953863
jesus....

that's why when I'm in a bike I only ride where there is no snow and ice and I definitely don't attempt "sick jumps" but then again chicks dig scars
>>
i just got my handebar through my groin
i ate helllla food and smoked pot which made me all groggy
i then tried to combat it with a fuck load of coffee with made me jittery
then i went to do a simpl double peg grind on a ledge
my front peg came about an inch short and threw my front end back to the floor
i then fell on my handlebar and put a hole in my leg
>>
>>953863
>>953942
>not specifically asking for carbon plates
because carbon is actually strong and doesnt shatter, much safer than alu to use right?
>>
>>953863
How on earth did you hurt yourself so severely at such low speed?
>>
>>941704
>Doctor needed?

I'm so glad I don't live in America
>>
>>954069
I'm >>944360
I actually did half-jokingly ask for a carbon plate, the surgeon was a cycling enthusiast too so he kind of got it, but there weren't any available. Mine is titanium though.
>>
>>955641
Hopefully this isn't bait

The clavicle takes very little pressure to break, so flying over the handlebars right on to it at 30mph is a good way to do it
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.