[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bought a Trek FX 7.2 for commuting and tooling around on, decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Trek 7.2 Red frnt-733x550.jpg (79 KB, 733x550) Image search: [Google]
Trek 7.2 Red frnt-733x550.jpg
79 KB, 733x550
bought a Trek FX 7.2 for commuting and tooling around on, decent entry level bike or did I play myself?
>>
>>937342
Should have gotten something with hydraulic discs
>>
File: ask-surly-amy.jpg (44 KB, 400x209) Image search: [Google]
ask-surly-amy.jpg
44 KB, 400x209
It's fine, but /n/ is going to jump down your throat for the following reasons:
>trek raped my mother
>flat bar therefore faggot casual
>alexrims therefore faggot casual
>people should never buy new bikes, you should build it yourself using parts found on craigslist, using only rubber bands and tissue paper as tools or you are an LBS shill
>it has multiple gears therefore it's impractical fred shit for racing freds
>posting another bike thread outside of the containment threads that the train foamers want us to use
but at least it wasn't a surly, bianchi, specialized, dengfu, motobecane, cannondale, rivendell, or OTS, so you've got that going for you. also the lack of disc brakes shows you are practical and mechanically gifted and you know how to use a bike properly
>>
Best use is for casuals on under half an hour rides. Long term, aside from basic commuting equipment, you shouldn't look to upgrade that. Your next bike should be more specialized in whatever you like.
>>
>>937342
my only beef with >7.4s is the high-ten fork; other that that, perfectly cromulent. i personally recommend either drops or northroads over flat bars, but that's strictly subjective. best of luck m8
>>
solid beginners choice if you are not worried about it being stolen.

>>937349
This, if you plan on commuting on rainy days hydraulic offers the most reliability
>>
>>937379
surely you mean drum brakes
>>
>>937342
It's a name-brand bike and you're not doing any serious riding like trying to road race on it (as if you'd be allowed to on a flat-bar bike anyway), so it's fine. Beyond that it's none of our business and off-topic for /n/ for you to discuss your 'playing with yourself'.
>>
>>937350
Wtf
This guy is 100% right
>>
>>937383
yeah sorry, i meant disc brakes not hydraulic, just plain discs for the rain
>>
>>937350
And whats wrong with Specialized?
I have ridden my Specialized hardrock for 9 years with no issues!
>>
>>937370
>your next bike should be more specialized

Subtle.
>>
>>937413

Mike Sinyard, owner of Specialized is the biggest cunt in the industry. Which is impressive considering he's competing against such major shitheels as Dave Weagle and Kirk Pacenti. It's a shame really my first real mtb was a late 90's Rockhopper.
>>
>>937413
theres an 08 hardrock at a pawn shop near me for $100. p sure its stolen though.
>>
>>937432
>Kirk Pacenti
Genuine interest - what's he done? Except the annoying 27.5" non-invention.
>>
>>937432
Why should a bike be judged by a glorified accountant who has no actual influence on the development of the bikes?
>>
>>937350

>ask for advice on bike I bought
>actually get good advice

what fucking board am I on
>>
>>937350
>implying /n/ likes singlespeed
>>
>>937817
you've never seen a dutchposter raving about how a derailleur is for freds?
>>
>>937818
>not filtering anyone from holland
>>
>>937817
>he doesn't ride SS
Step it up.
>>
>>937350
There is literally nothing wrong with Cannondale.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.