[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You must be in posession of one of these, valid for 2016, to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: lic.png (310 KB, 326x446) Image search: [Google]
lic.png
310 KB, 326x446
You must be in posession of one of these, valid for 2016, to post in this thread; post pic.

(personal information redacted to protect my privacy, please do the same for yourself.
>>
>>935410
>(personal information redacted to protect my privacy, please do the same for yourself.

It doesn't even batter senpai, did you get your email about the database breach?
>>
>>935410
>You must be in posession of one of these, valid for 2016, to post in this thread

Guess not.

This board is called "Transportation." Why do so many people talk about bike racing? Racing topics belong on /sp/ if you ask me.
>>
>>935454
Not op, but probably for the same reason why people talk about model railroads, or hobby flying in circles. You want to ban those threads too, I'd be fine with it. I would be fine with a pure transportation board. Let's get rid of hobby pilots shitting up the board with their talk about how to sound "cool" when talking to ATC, and posting pictures of their R-22 which is used to fly in circles for an hour before landing again. Or those gliders which can't even transport anything except for if it's Nazis in which case it belongs on /k/. And let's get rid of the model trains. Vehicles in question must be discussed from the perspective of moving people or goods from Point A to Point B, no exceptions.

You good with that, I'm good with that.
>>
>>935410
Do you not place well in races, or are you just a hardcore sandbagger?
>>
>>935470
>7 years racing
>still a 4
Never change /n/.
>>
>>935453
Yep. Already changed my password. Beyond that there's not much else I could do.

>>935454
I don't think you like anything anyway, other than complaining about things, so what's it matter?

>>935463
Sure. /n/ is the slowest board on 4chan. Aggressively limiting what can be posted here will more or less kill it off. May as well just kill it and be done with it, hey? That's probably what this guy >>935454 wants anyway, to just complain about everything and watch it all be destroyed.

>>935470
Nope, just haven't got enough good placings to upgrade. If you think I posted this thread to brag about anything, then you're wrong; if I wanted to hide my Category I could have when I redacted my other personal information, but I'm not ashamed of who I am or where I'm at so why should I? Considering I used to be a very fat guy with health problems, however, I think I'm doing well enough. Of course over the last 7 years I've learned one thing for sure: the athleticism required to race is the easy part; learning to race successfully is the hard part, and it takes time, and a good learning environment. Also, you're just one guy out of 50, or 75, or a 100 guys in a race, and only 1 is going to win, and only 4 to 9 other guys are going to place high enough to get any upgrade points. Getting discouraged because you're not one of those guys all the time is not a winning attitude.

>>935488
Like I said to the guy above you, the athleticism to race is the easy part: all you have to do is get a plan and stick to it, and from season to season you make progress in that area. Learning to race effectively? That's that hard part, and it takes time and a good environment to be learning in. Still, I make progress, even if it's slow, and still, I enjoy what I'm doing so it's all good.
>>
>>935410
>lycra roadies are taking this board over
I knew it would come to this.
>>
>>935515
Well I guess you have a few choices if you're unhappy. You can hide threads like this one. You can start threads with subjects you actually approve of. You can go to another board. You can go somewhere else on the Internet. Ideally you should just grow up and accept that the rest of the world doesn't change just to suit you. Regardless of what you do or what you think of them, don't shitpost in people's threads.
>>
>>935463
You're right, models should be on /toy/. The rest of your strawman post is a little ridiculously worded but essentially correct. Moving people and goods from point A to point B can mean a lot of things though and would still include hobby pilots and recreational cycling.

>>935513
>I don't think you like anything anyway
You think wrong, friend. I like a lot of things but this is off-topic, in my opinion. I'm not a mod though so it isn't really up to me but bicycle races seem more /sp/ related than /n/.

Just saying...
>>
>>935565
Well rather than posting complaints in someone's thread how about you report what you think is off-topic for a board and then hide the thread? If the moderators really think it doesn't belong here then they'll delete it and maybe ban me. It's not like this is the first time someone posted a bike racing thread on /n/, and for what its worth you almost never see anything bike-related on /sp/ or /asp/, and if you posted it, it would get lost in the noise so quickly that no one would see it. At least half the threads on /n/ are about bikes in one way or another. What you're doing is like trying to hold back a flood with a broom; it's an exercise in futility. If the site moderators didn't want bike threads on /n/ don't you think they'd have banned them and made it part of the rules? It's not like /n/ is such a busy place that it's going to scroll any of your train/bus/plane/whatever threads off page 10 anyway. Just report this thread if you really think it doesn't belong here and let moderators decide whether it does or not.
>>
I'm not good enough yet.
>>
File: 20.jpg (54 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
54 KB, 604x453
>>935565
>Moving people and goods from point A to point B can mean a lot of things though and would still include hobby pilots and recreational cycling.
And bike racing.
>>
>>935740
I disagree. The competitive element turns it into a sport. Walking on a football field with a football in your hand is transportation but playing football is sports.
>>
File: 7 years a cat 4.jpg (84 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
7 years a cat 4.jpg
84 KB, 844x476
>>
>>935753
Transportation companies compete against each other for market share by doing their job faster and more efficiently than the other guys -- they're racing each other for customers, and therefore money.

Bicycle racers are using bicycles to transport themselves from Point 'A' (the start line) to Point 'B' (the finish line). The person transporting themselves via bicycle in this manner that completes the job fastest receives more reward than others do.

There is a competitive element in everything. Transportation of any sort is a business, even if it's a municipal transit company, and they must be competitive against other transport companies in order to stay in business.

Bicycles are a transportation device, regardless of whether you're transporting the rider, packages, papers, someone's lunch, or (in the case of certain cargo bikes) the contents of your house. Whether you're trying to get from point 'A' to point 'B' faster than someone else on the same road is irrelevant; it's still transporting yourself via bicycle from a start point to and end point.

The precendent for bicycles being discussed as a regular subject on /n/ was set a long, long time ago. They're not going away anytime soon. Bicycle racing is just a very organized form of bicycle transportation, and is a natural extension of discussing bicycles. Furthermore /n/ is a very slow board, and your train, plane, boat, bus, truck, or what-have-you threads are not in any danger at any time of being scrolled off it due to any bicycle-related thread, let alone the odd bike racing-related thread. Getting all upset about the odd bike racing thread is clearly out of proportion and completely unnecessary.

And finally: if, for some odd reason, they decided that bike racing threads don't go on /n/, then some of us just start making 'Post your race bike' threads instead -- and some discussion about what we *do* on the aforementioned race bikes naturally will get mixed in.

I think you should just relax.
>>
>>935757
Beats being a Cat-6 the rest of your life, 'racing' against random people on bike paths who aren't even aware they're 'racing' anyone. XDDDD
>>
>>935759
>I think you should just relax.

>says the guy that posts a clearly butthurt tl;dr post

Are you the same autist that shitposts in every train thread?
>>
>>935759
You wrote all that but completely, and purposefully, misinterpreted what I wrote.

Perhaps I should have gone into more detail bout how the official rules and sanctioned events turn it into a sport.

By the way I am super relaxed all the time.
>>
>>935759
So we can start discussing rock climbing here as well? I mean, it's just transportation from point A to point B, am I right?

>13 replies and 1 image omitted.
>not a single reply on topic

All you are going to get is people discussing whether this shit is even relevant to the board. If that's what you posted this here for, good on you.
>>
WEEEEEEEEEEED bro :)
>>
>>935794
sure, if youre using a segway to climb the mountain, or to talk about your RV that you park outside
>>
>>935761
>>says the guy that posts a clearly butthurt tl;dr post
Why would you assume that instead of assuming the obvious, which is we're discussing our various points? Or is having a discussion and making points a little too high-brow for you?

>>935790
>official rules and sanctioned events turn it into a sport
I just think that you're being a bit too OCD and pedantic about something that really doesn't matter. Why is it such a big deal to you that I or anyone else would post a thread like this? As I've already said at least once, it's not like /n/ has such high traffic that the threads that you, in your opinion, feel are 'appropriate' for the board, are being scrolled off Page 10 so quickly, due to bike-related threads (or bike racing threads) that you're losing out on you train/plane/boat/bus/truck/whatever threads; how about a little live-and-let-live instead of the thinly-veiled hate? Really, honestly, seriously: How does a thread like this harm you or cause you any material loss in any way, shape, or form? I'm sorry to have to put it this way, but your own very personal sensibilities really don't count for anything here. As previously stated, there are vast amounts of precedent for bike-related threads on /n/, none of which get deleted by the moderators, and considerable precedent for bike-racing-related threads on /n/, which likewise do not get deleted by moderators, regardless of anyone's personal preferences on the subject; whether it's explicitly spelled out in Site Rules or not (which it most certainly is not), bike and bike-racing threads are allowed on /n/. If one is inclined to judge individual posts according to the aforementioned site rules, then *your* posts are implicitly 'not allowed' for at least one of the General Rules of the site (I'm thinking 'quality of posts' here); you're not contributing to the thread, you're just (to use the colloquial term) 'shitposting'.
>>
>>935794
>So we can start discussing rock climbing here as well?
No. Rock climbing doesn't use any sort of vehicle. Shoes don't count.

/n/ doesn't have enough traffic that bike threads or bike-racing threads will scroll any other traffic off Page 10; what's your problem? How about a little live-and-let-live?

Imagine, if you will, a coffeeshop that you frequent. It doesn't get much business, is never, ever, terribly busy, but manages to stay open anyway. Your friends come in and you always discuss the same subjects. One day a few guys, dressed for cycling, come in, order and receive their drinks, and go sit down at a table. They're obviously discussing cycling-related subjects, but not so loud as to be bothersome to anyone, and certainly not so loud as to interrupt your own discussions. Furthermore they're not engaging in any inappropriate or obnoxious behavior, or anything such as intentionally interrupting your own conversation. Regardless of this you're offended by their mere presense and complain to the management, as well as directly to the cyclists at the other table, who respond with confused looks.

Do you really think the behavior of the 'regulars' of the coffeeshop in this scenario is appropriate? Of course it isn't. The cyclists who came in are behaving in a perfectly acceptable manner. The 'regulars' are being intolerant for no rational reason.

This thread and threads like it don't harm you or cause you material loss in any way, your minor 'inconvenience' or being 'offended on grounds of aesthetics' not withstanding.
>>
Well it's been more than 3 days and mods haven't deleted my thread or b& me for posting it so we'll all just have to take that as further precedent that bike and bike racing threads are perfectly acceptable on /n/.

Now, where are my road racers at? Post your bikes, I want to see what you're racing on, too.
>>
Bumping for interest.
>>
File: DSC_6942.jpg (238 KB, 725x906) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6942.jpg
238 KB, 725x906
Why just 'ride your bike' when you can experience the power and glory of a road race?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.