[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cycling gloves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: mens-cycling-gloves.jpg (16 KB, 350x240) Image search: [Google]
mens-cycling-gloves.jpg
16 KB, 350x240
What are some good quality cycling gloves? Thinking about picking up a pair because my hands are getting a bit of a blister bump from riding so much.
>>
>>933641
My GF just got me some absurdly good Fox Reflex Gel full finger gloves. Also got a fingerless Bontrager ones. I HIGHLY recommend getting them at a LBS or somewhere you can try them onn. There's a lot of difference between sizes among different brands, and tha padding on some may be uncomfortable for you. Try several on, and be sure to test them grabbing some handlebars, because you might find them comfortable upong putting them on, but not as good while you're grabbing the bars.
>>
I like Giro LTZ II. Very minimalist gloves.
>>
File: 661-401.jpg (72 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
661-401.jpg
72 KB, 350x300
Sixsixone 401 gloves

I never found gloves with padding to be comfy so I keep it really simple.
>>
>>933641
Look for good palm padding. Full gloves or fingerless doesn't really matter it's just personal preference. Decent gloves will be around $35 give or take
>>
>>933641
I have those exact ones in the pic.

That pad on the thumb/palm is thick, so all good. However, the top mesh fabric will deteriorate after 1 year or so and form some holes (depending on how much you ride of course).
>>
File: 41fXAZENBZL.jpg (22 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
41fXAZENBZL.jpg
22 KB, 500x314
>>
>>933821
thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>933663
the bontrager sounds appealing, I live in the desert so fingerless is preferred haha
>>
>>933995
fuck yeah hulk hands
>>
>>933860
I ride/commute pretty much everyday and go on a serous ride at least once or twice a week.
>>
>>933641
i'm still using a pair of pearl izumi attack gloves, that after two crashes, have a couple holes on the upper. The palm is still solid, and they protected my hands from the tarmac. highly recommended.

they're around $10 on amazon, too.
>>
File: asssttars.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
asssttars.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
I bought these w/o trying them on and they have a fucking seam right in the middle of every finger that digs in your nail. I'm new to full finger- are they all like this?
>>
File: baby seals.jpg (26 KB, 416x312) Image search: [Google]
baby seals.jpg
26 KB, 416x312
I just got a pair of seal skins madeleines. First ride was cold and windy, they seem to be comfy as well as blocking out more wind than my usual gloves so far.

My preference is for full fingers, probably from my mtb background of not wanting to shred my fingers, but they may fingerless ones as well.
>>
>>934353
No.
>>
File: BK.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
BK.jpg
164 KB, 1200x1200
Giro LX are the best I've found.
Leather gloves are just better than the alternatives.
>>
>>933641
i just double-wrap my bars.
>>
>>934415

Do you also double-hood your hoods?
>>
>>934418
Hoods are comfy though
>>
>>934415
Did this and looks like shite. Don't double tape with cork. Too thick.
>>
>>934413
I like them, and have a pair of both the fingerless and full-fingered versions. But they are a little pricey, and they are not as well-made as I'd like. Giro QC on the leather side seems to have a high tolerance for inconsistent cuts and stitching. My fingerless ones are still wearable after a year, but just barely. The black full-fingered ones are cool looking and useful for a lot of things outside of cycling.
>>
>>934413
I love the way these look
>>
>>934496

Most gloves get really fucking nasty after one season anyway, if you're riding any kind of meaningful distances weekly. I have no problem picking up a new pair every spring.
>>
>>934600
Yeah, I should be happy that they lasted six months of heavy riding. But I'm a bitch who wants everything.
>>
>bought some big thick waterproof gloves in the winter
>they're so warm that I can only wear them for about half an hour before I have to take them off

Only worn them a dozen or so times too.
>>
>>934784
Same deal with my neoprene gloves. They're really only useful when it's pretty cold and wet but not quite cold enough to warrant ski gloves. And they smell like bad fuck.
>>
Giro Bravo. They come in full finger and half finger versions, they're pretty cheap and very comfortable. Great gloves.
Definitely get something synthetic, much better than leather. Also avoid the form fitting Lycra and such. Great material for shorts, not for gloves.
>>
Specialized Gel something, pic related. I also use the fingerless version when it's really hot
>>
File: decathlon.jpg (64 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
decathlon.jpg
64 KB, 800x800
I use pic related. B'TWIN or something gloves bought at Decathlon (french sports store) in Germany.

They are very good and at €18 not very expensive either. They also have conductive fingertips so you can use your smartphone wearing gloves and shit
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.