[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit /n/? Trans and women only bicycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: 1457508062458.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1457508062458.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
What the fuck is this shit /n/? Trans and women only bicycle events? Men are now second class citizens?

http://www.thebristolbikeproject.org/our-workshops/womens-night/

http://bikepirates.com/tw/

http://edmontonbicyclecommuters.ca/womentrans/

http://sopobikes.org/programs/ladiestransgq-sundays/
>>
>>932408
Tour de Cyclists-with-frankfurters-between their legs is men only. Please go back to /pol/
>>
File: neckbeards.png (7 KB, 174x129) Image search: [Google]
neckbeards.png
7 KB, 174x129
<------- /r9k/ is that way
>>
>>932411
Women would get dropped in the tdf.
It's really a kind of courtesy.
>>
>>932417
So let them have their consolation bianchikun events
>>
>>932408
Please fuck off with your whining shit.
>>
>>932408
>Wahhh, why aren't subcultures allowed to have their own events?

Honestly, who cares? Go back to
>>>/pol/
>>
>>932536
They exclude normal people from an lbs.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmonton/2015/06/01/edmonton-cyclist-denied-entry-to-bike-shop-based-on-gender.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/37mz6q/i_was_denied_access_to_a_bike_shop_becasue_i_was/
>>
>>932537
literally gb2 reddit nikki
>>
>>932537
>John said he was barred entry because of the society’s “Women, Trans and Gender Non-Binary” program that was being held at the shop that Sunday.

They were literally holding a women and trans only event (which they're legally entitled to do) and decided to keep it that way by not letting in men.
I have a great dislike for SJW culture too, but the bike shop didn't really do anything to him, he just got buttmad that he wasn't allowed in.
No shop or business is obliged to cater to the every whim of walk-ins, if he and his family called ahead to see if the shop could help; I'm sure the staff would have mentioned that they're having such an event and he wouldn't be allowed in at that time.

I'd understand the drama if a bike shop would disallow males/females/whatever as a general rule, the resulting outcry would be understandable and the people that are being excluded might have a legit case for a class action, but that's not the case in that article.

That article is akin to a guy rocking up to a women's only gym and demanding access, then getting butthurt about being turned away and complaining on the internet and to the media.
>>
File: 1417307309308.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417307309308.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>932538
Nikolasv was left wing. Found the /n/ewfag
>>
>>932542
If it was a male only or a heterosexual only event they'd be put out of business though.

Plus, when you work 9 - 5 sometimes you've only got one day a week to properly go to your local LBS.
>>
>>932542
>That article is akin to a guy rocking up to a women's only gym and demanding access, then getting butthurt about being turned away and complaining on the internet and to the media.
But /pol/s and /r9k/s and #ggs actually do that shit.

>>932543
It's like you never even read any of his shitposts about Greece. Right wing does not mean white supremacy.
>>
File: 1414039828242.jpg (72 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
1414039828242.jpg
72 KB, 396x691
>>932545
>It's like you never even read any of his shitposts about Greece.

I must admit I didn't read all his posts he must be unemployed because he pretty much raped the board. I thought he was from New Jersey? and was only 'Greek' through muh heritage.
>>
>>932544
Maybe, maybe not anon.
Females wouldn't generally demand access to such an event as they know they'd get dropped really easily after making such a big noise to get in.

The event is for tumblrtards and trans people, both of which are generally mentally ill enough to need isolation from normal people and was probably a result of the local demographic petitioning the bike shop to do so.

Just think, any level-headed normal woman generally wouldn't feel the need to attend women-only cycling classes and other such non competitive events because they can co-exist with men perfectly fine.

Who would actually want to get into an event like that and be with possibly borderline, poorly adjusted and even toxic personalities when they can just go to a chilled out mixed spin class or whatnot run by a bike shop? Think about it, it's little more than a bike shop catering to a niche group so they can have a personal hugbox "safe-space" and why shouldn't they? the bike shop probably makes a good bit of money off it and it caters to part of the local community.

I'd personally just go to another bike shop if such an event wasn't on and it wouldn't bother me. If I'm in a bike shop to make a real "non-impulse purchase i phone ahead to make sure they have stock and ask what they'd recommend so I can get enough info to buy what i need.
>>
>>932550
By enabling these people you let them continue on their self destructive paths. It also paints men as people who cannot control themselves who will sexually assault women or "women" at a bicycle store.

Segregating people under the guise of equality and taking over bicycle stores is just bullshit.

If this store was near me I'd boycott it.
>>
>>932551
Honestly, I can perfectly understand why women would want to go to a women's only thing. Women get hit on a lot when they do anything dominated by men. Because all the men want a woman that participates in that male activity.
>>
>>932551
Technically the bike store IS enabling that circle-jerk mentality and it may alienate some customers, sure.
Thing is, as a business they have absolutely no obligation to encourage or discourage any agenda, and whatever makes them money (in this case, catering to a subculture in the local community) is what they're generally going to do.

If they had the resources to hold the event in another part of the store that didn't disrupt the normal flow of business then I'm sure they would do just that, but they don't and as such have to close the shop temporarily to demographics that don't fit with the event.

In this case, %50 of the Earth's population in a male dominated sport/activity seems like suicide, but they're obviously making enough money to cover it for now.

So what is it exactly that you have a problem with anon? If such a thing affected you personally, you'd be best off telling them what you think and that you plan to spend your money elsewhere if the shop not being open to you at a specific time of the week bothers you that much.
>>
They try to corrupt everything and have long tried to ruin cycling for everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycling_and_feminism
>>
>>932558
To add, If I were the owner of a bike shop and was asked to host such an event, I'd probably sponsor it and hold it at a local community center or something similar that wouldn't obstruct business and still caters to what my customers want.
That way, I'd still be able to make money off the event and contract staff out to the event in such a place that's better equipped to host it; what the bike shop in the article is doing could potentially alienate customers and it might be bad business (depending on how large the local demographic is) but it certainly isn't illegal.
>>
>>932561
Exactly, this would not piss off anyone and wouldn't exclude anyone but to shut down an entire bicycle store to half of the worlds population once a week is just annoying.
>>
>>932562
>months have 3 weeks
>>
>>932408
If creating a welcoming environment gets more people out of their cars, I'm all for it.
>>
>>932566
>implying these subhuman creatures have cars
>>
File: 37920077.jpg (55 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
37920077.jpg
55 KB, 480x480
>>
I have no problem with a day for women but men who dress up as women are still men.
>>
I really could do without all the ignorance on 4chan

Why don't you just go to an event that's free to anyone and shut the fuck up?
>>
File: 1419643424741.jpg (17 KB, 396x342) Image search: [Google]
1419643424741.jpg
17 KB, 396x342
>>933366
>I really could do without all the ignorance on 4chan
>Why don't you just go to an event that's free to anyone and shut the fuck up?
>>
>>932592
I miss when 4chan was just politically incorrect and only pretending to be an internet hate machine.
>>
>>933378
circa 2011
>>
I've seen some female oriented bike events in my city. They all say men are welcome too. I think the idea is to get women more involved in the technical aspects of cycling, why would that be a bad thing?
>>
>people actually defending this
Whoops, must have jumped to the wrong board. Seems ive come to /cuckold/ instead of /n/
>>
I agree that stores can cater to whoever they want and can deny service to anyone but why these are the same people that create a shitstorm when religious bakery owners refuse to bake cakes to gay weddings?
>>
>>933508
Please go back to /r9k/ or /pol/ or wherever you came from. No one gives a shit about your redneck male genocide.
>>
>milking trends
>somehow shocking

you have only yourself if you are missing out
>>
>Get Women Cycling (GWC) provides members with personalized service, education, and support for bicycle riding. Our program includes individual consultations for various types of services from bike purchasing and repair to riding safely. We work hand-in-hand with neighborhood bicycle shops to ensure positive well-rounded retail experiences. We also teach educational workshops, lead guided bike rides, fundraise, and promote bike-friendly businesses and community organizations.

Oh the degeneracy! Men's rights!
>>
>>933561
Sexism is sexism. Either gender is a valid reason for exclusion, or it is not. The same applies to so called affirmative action.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 470x380) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 470x380
>Trans and women hold their own cycling events,

>OMG MEN ARE SO OPPRESSED.

>Trans People women being killed, denied their rights, etc...

>OMG stfu SJW gtfb2 tumblr!!!!

>MFW
>>
>>933575
Did you read anything in there about excluding men? Has your crippling victimhood complex left you so dyslexic you can no longer read? Are you aware that only autists who can't get a girl are the ones who blame women of sexism?
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 320x320
>>933577
But like, do get the fuck back to tumblr, k?
>>
>>933585
>Did you read anything in there about excluding men?
Yes. That's the whole point of the thread. And even without exclusion, preferential treatment to women or blacks are not intrinsically different to the reverse.

Also, calling someone an autist doesn't make them wrong. Or even mad. It means you lost the argument and resorted to name-calling.
>>
>>932408
>wah not everything is about me.
grow the fuck up, they're doing it to get more women on bikes who might be scared of over compensating and competitive blokes on bikes.
>>
>>933514
I think the difference is that this is a pre-planned special event, whereas the cake issue was just ordinary retail. Once it becomes acceptable for retail businesses to arbitrarily turn people away, that opens it up to arbitrarily charging people different prices based on race and all sorts of complications like that.
>>
>>933630
There's nothing inherently wrong with preferential treatment. Do you think it's ageist that 8 year olds don't have to support themselves but 28 year olds do?
>>
>>933814
I think that this is a dishonest argument because everyone ages. It's a constant and should be irrelevant to identity politics.
>>
>>933814
cuck
>>
>>933814
>equating women with small children.
White knighting - you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>932408
I don't really mind shops and stuff having events like that, if it were a shop only for trans people and women, that would be different.
>>
>>934719
Would you mind a nigger-free event?
>>
>>932454
>>932536
this and sage
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.