[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inner tube replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: short-valve-stem.jpg (877 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
short-valve-stem.jpg
877 KB, 2560x1920
I'm trying to replace my bike's inner tube. I got the tube out and the old one in and this happened. The stem isn't long enough to fill up the tube. It's driving me crazy. Did I fuck up somewhere?
>>
>>930866
Common mistake, buy a new inner tube with long valve
>>
>>930866
u dun fukd up
>>
>>930869
>>930870
Well shiiiiiiiit.

At least inner tubes are cheap.
>>
That's usually a result of having a double walled rim. Sometimes squishing the tire will buy you enough room to get a pump on it, and with a bit of air the valve will sit high enough.

My problem is usually the opposite. The LBS will only stock tubes with the max stem length meant for use in deep aero rims.
>>
>>930886
Same. My wheels look ridiculous with this long as fuck dick sticking out of it.
>>
Double wall rim = need longer valve stem
get one with 48mm (or longer) valve stem, the one you have is probably 32mm
Don't confuse valve stem length with tube/tire width
>>
>>930886
>>932478
That's why I get my tubes online. SunLite brand from https://www.fanatikbike.com/
32mm presta valve stems are /fa/ as fuck as long as they fit your rims
>tfw gave all my ugly 48mms to my dad because he doesn't care
>>
>be me
>work at LBS
>a bike comes in for service
>the valve stem looks to be about 80 fucking mm
literally why.
>>
>>932491
One of my wheels has a retarded long stem coming out from it because that was the only tube I could get my hands on at the moment. I should probably replace it because it looks dumb as fuck.
>>
>>932484
Yeah, I should buy a bunch of tubes online. Since I live in the most hipster pretentious faggot left wing area of my country all of the bicycle stores near me are overpriced and ridiculous.

I looked online and it's almost half the price for shit like wheels, tubes and tires without their bullshit markup.
>>
You have to put the appropriate amount of air in it before fitting it.

They do this for aerodynamic reasons. This way the valve stem doesn't create turbulences or some shit like that.
>>
>>932499
>stuff costs more in a brick & mortar because of leftist "hipsters"
I hope, as a matter of anthropological curiosity, that you genuinely believe this.
>>
File: Schlauchautomat.jpg (196 KB, 1000x870) Image search: [Google]
Schlauchautomat.jpg
196 KB, 1000x870
>>932484

Do you not have inner tube vending machines where you live?
>>
>>932516
>buying rubbers from a vending machine
how lewd
>>
>>932517

It's how we roll in the Ger of manies.

You will never know what it is like to stand next to one of those vending machines and there is a girl with a flat on her huge city bike thing and she doesn't exactly know which one to get so you talk to her and help her change the tube and in return she gives you a quick blowjob in the public toilet.
>>
>>932515
I don't believe that is 100% the reason, obviously they have to pay their floor staff, rent and pay their own postage or whatever but sometimes their mark ups are huge.

There are organic vegan markets where I live and coffee shop bookstore hybrids, I'm not just singling out bicycle shops everything apart from ethnic restaurants and supermarkets are overpriced in my suburb cluster.
>>
File: 1457557843868.jpg (14 KB, 640x504) Image search: [Google]
1457557843868.jpg
14 KB, 640x504
>>932516
>>932519
:(

I wish, that would be awesome. Recently they have built stands with tools attached with metal chains and a bike pump in several locations but that's about as good as it gets.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.