[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World's 21 Most Beautiful Handmade Bikes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: nahbs2016_06.jpg (127 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
nahbs2016_06.jpg
127 KB, 1200x675
Stumbled upon this today: http://www.outsideonline.com/2059412/worlds-21-most-beautiful-handmade-bikes?

Thoughts?

Pic related: full stainless fixie
>>
File: wut.jpg (85 KB, 948x547) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
85 KB, 948x547
I didn't find any of those particularly beautiful. They're just gimmicky, tacky, or both.

>dude look at these weird shaped tubes and wacky colors lmao
>>
File: nahbs2016_19.jpg (134 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
nahbs2016_19.jpg
134 KB, 1200x675
>>930695
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought as well.

Would pic related even work for a trip longer than a day? The weight distribution seems super weird to me.
>>
>>930695

This one is kind of okay but the person who took the photo must be retarded.
>>
>>930711
Why they retarded? Just wondering how you would wanted it photographed
>>
>>930713

Just look at that rear wheel. Proper lighting would have prevented that.
>>
>>930713
I'm not anon, but valve stems should be at up or down position, and camera placed so you can only see the closest brifter and handlebar profile.
And the lighting is completely messed up with weird shadows all over the place. If they were that scared of lighting up the background they should have chosen a darker background...
>>
>>930715

>>930711 here.

I don't even care about valve stems and handlebar profile and whatnot.

But that rear wheel looking all wonky makes me really mad.
>>
>>930714
>>930715
Yeah makes sense, now that I look at it I can see that those would be basic things to do if you was used to photographing bikes, doing photography my self lighting the wheels would probably be quite a tough job with the being carbon and how they reflect light, for me I just can't stand the background they have going on here, makes me feel like the pictures where taken in a school Hall hahaha
>>
They look quite beautiful, I'd be proud to ride around on one of those noble steeds.
>>
Surely you mean handmade by a white man. Because as far as I know most bikes are handmade, but by Asian men and nobody cares.
>>
>>932510
this desu

robowelding is almost always better than hand welding.

the reason why f1 cars arent robowelded (some parts actuall are) is because so many f1 parts are one offs and it doesn't make sense to set up a robot when you can just use a skilled welder.
>>
>>930711
>Photo: Max Whittaker
Why not say that to his face now that you know his name?
Jk. I agree that lighting the back wheel would have been nice and you actually don't want the handlebar profile to line up exactly. If you know >>>/p/, you know that the only way to do this and still square the rest of the bike is to use a super zoom lens from far away. But that would be quite unwieldy.
>>
>>932619

Actually the only way to do this is with a tilt-shift lens. But most photographers (especially journalistic photogs) don't have these at their disposal, which is a shame because the are extremely useful.
>>
>>930682
All of those bikes were at NAHBS. I was there and saw every one of those. Good shit. Disappointed that they left so many other cool ones out of this list though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.