[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTB Specification Comparison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: nunu.jpg (46 KB, 680x405) Image search: [Google]
nunu.jpg
46 KB, 680x405
Can someone help me compare these two bikes?
Both are same price and similar condition and age second hand.
Kona Nunu
http://2011.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=nunu

Carrera Vulcan (specs down a little in righthand column)
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/product/review-carrera-vulcan-12-45673/
>>
Nah, I don't really feel like doing that.
>>
>>930295
Cheers anon
Anyone else?
>>
>>930298
They're half a decade old bottom of the barrel bikes with coil spring pogostick forks and groupsets at a level below what's even up for sale today, and you say you're buying them used so whatever little difference there once were is completely dwarfed by how much wear and abuse they've seen.

They're both heaps of shit, noone cares which one is slightly less shit, and you better be trolling there, you craigslist fiend.
>>
The Kona is slightly better spec
>>
Ended up finding an old guy, selling this:
http://blog.tredz.co.uk/cube-acid-2012-mountain-bike-review/
Hardly used, has new rear cassette and chain. Everything feels fine, although I'm a beginner so not really sure.
Will take it to LBS for health check and service.

Did I do good?
>>
4 year old hydraulic dics are probably going to need to be bled- that can get expensive if you don't know how to DIY. That bike seems specced fine for a beginner- its better then what i got started on. That being said 3X10 is completely dead. You can buy a new chainring and go 1x 10 for pretty cheap though. Also 26" wheels are dead- some old frames will fit a 27.5 w/o fucking up the geometry too much but ride those 26"s till you bust em. Also if you take a liking to the offroad consider a dropper seatpost. Good ones are expensive at the moment but the cheap KS one isn't that bad. They allow you to get your ass over the rear tire whenever you want without getting raped by your seat. As long as you enjoy riding it you did good.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.