[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>With you >All traffic please advise Cessna12345 Taxi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pilotshortage.jpg (151 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pilotshortage.jpg
151 KB, 500x375
>With you

>All traffic please advise

Cessna12345 Taxi via alpha, bravo. Cross runway 19 and hold short runway 32.

>Rodger
>>
>>929638
What's wrong with "with you"?
>>
>>931490
One time I heard a controller get on to someone because "With U" Was not the atis code.

Its literally just a useless filler word that clutters the radio imo
>>
How much to fly rubber dog shit out of hong kong now?
>>
>>931750
Are you seriously implying it's wrong to say "Orlando departure, Cherokee 40Delta is with you at nine hundred feet out of Sanford"
Or "Make-believe tower, Skyhawk 123 is with you on the Lake Little arrival"?
"with you" is a quick way to let a controller know you're a new voice in the frequency.

That's perfectly reasonable radio communication.

Any controller who would chew you out for using "with you" is unreasonable.
>>
>>929638
>someone keys and tells ctaf their plans for the next five years

>N3KEK Entering a 10 mile final for 18

Two semi related questions:

Why do people at (my local airport) do their private training in a 172 when there are multiple 150s available that are $20 cheaper?

How feasible is it to plan a one day round trip such that the winds are in your favor both ways? lets say one wants winds from the north in the morning and from the south at night. I'm in the US midwest where north or south winds prevail.
>>
File: Chinaa.jpg (345 KB, 1521x764) Image search: [Google]
Chinaa.jpg
345 KB, 1521x764
>>929638
>runway 19 and runway 32
,, DisomeCrazy Airport!,, and the radio chattr ispastic.
,,itsthe old, Who, where, what??,, Roger Who??
,ask for light signals., Echokilo on tenmile final., and hes piss,, headwinds, Judas of theair.
>>
>>931829
Alright, I have to ask. Is this /n/igger a markov chain bot or something? I see this guy everywhere, he's almost as bad as the SI units autist.
>>
File: moot meets bacon.jpg (59 KB, 580x401) Image search: [Google]
moot meets bacon.jpg
59 KB, 580x401
>>931853
baconrider is your friend.

he fights for freedom.
>>
>>931829
Bacon, I normally hate your posts with passion, but that's a pretty cool CJ6.

You're ok.

For today.
>>
>>931864
based moot, how can I disagree? I hang my head in shame for disparaging the name of baconrider
>>
>>931807
People in fast airplanes tell you their plans from far away because they're burning a lot of fuel, and they don't want you in the way when things start happening, which they do very quickly.

People in slow airplanes who tell you their plans from far away are pretending they're in fast airplanes because it's fun. Don't hate.

As for students in 172's, I totally agree, flight schools are duping these poor kids into buying more airplane than they need... On the other hand, max gross on a 150 is just 1600lbs and if you've got two fat Americans onboard you can't go with full fuel and be legal... So they use the 172. Which is dumb.
>>
>>931864
>Saved a website screenshot as a jpeg
like tears in the rain
>>
>>932058
>>931807
Another reason for using the 172 vs the 150 is improved short field/high density altitude performance. I love my 150, but when it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit with 100% humidity (happens in Florida sometimes), trying to climb out of a 2700' runway with trees at the end is technically within the performance calculations of the airplane, but in reality is super sketchy. Having a 172 eliminates those issues.

For the same reason, you can do more touch-and-go's and stop-and-go's instead of full stop taxi-back's, saving time.

The cockpit is roomier too, but in my opinion is not any more comfortable.

In short
>greedy flight schools
>fat students
>little extra performance
>"newer"
>>
>>931807
It's possible to plan such a trip, but don't count on it. it's a rare day that the weather works for you going both ways.

More often you can get a less severe headwind or a better tailwind by carefully selecting altitudes, creating the net effect of a time saving wind when averaged over both legs, but it's rare that you'll actually be riding a tailwind both ways.
>>
>>931774
Different anon, but yes, it is wrong. 'With you' is used to identify which frequency you're speaking to them on and will be followed by such. It is not used to check in with a new controller.

Perfectly reasonable? Maybe. Incorrect? Definitely. Though I agree that no reasonable controller will chew anyone out for it, just know that they cringe every time you say it.
>>
>>932117
Most likely an off keyed "Fucking ass hole" before rekeying to ask Type, From - To and altitude... you know information relevant to the task at hand.

There's no point chewing a moron out over the RT. It won't change their idiocy so why waste the breath.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.