[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DREAM BIKE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 26
File: niner-1x11-996.jpg (535 KB, 996x791) Image search: [Google]
niner-1x11-996.jpg
535 KB, 996x791
Post your ideal kind of bike. Frame type, components, etc. And maybe tell other posters what bikes are close to it

I'd love to see more city-oriented bikes
>chromoly steel frame, something like cyclocross geometry
>drop bars, 1x crankset, fender and rack mounts.
>25mm slicks but goo clearance for wider shit
>disc brakes

Hoping to build something like this this fall
>>
>>949967
why 1x crankset?

also you should add through-axle to that list
>>
>>949967
This is awful.

>cromoly
There's no particular reason cromoly should be a dream requirement, it's just ubiquitous. You might as well just say steel.

>1x
m e m e
e
m
e

>cyclocross racing geometry for city bikes
What you want is a drop-bar hybrid geometry.

>25mm
That's literally medium road width, that's not wide. 23's are skinny road width. 28's are the fattest normally paired with normal brakes.

>disc brakes
Memes aside, that makes it so there's even less reason to limit tire size, and if you had CX geometry it would have tire and mud clearance for 32s.
>>
>>949984
>There's no particular reason cromoly should be a dream requirement, it's just ubiquitous. You might as well just say steel.
>implying all steel bicycles are chromoly
You just went full downtube.
>That's literally medium road width
No. 21 is narrow, 23 is medium, 25 is wide. Yeah some people use 28 but that's mostly for endurance road bikes and gravel bikes and such, and people use narrower than 21 too. 21-25 is the standard range. And if your opinion differs from mine on this subject then you are objectively wrong. That said, I think you misunderstood OP. I think he meant that he would have wide enough clearance to run tires wider than 25 but would generally run 25.
>>
>tripple butted 7000 series alu frame,powdercoated,suited for up to 32mm tyres,135mm spacing,non wishbone seatstays,BSA 68mm bracket,no braze-on for the FD,near horizontal toptube just a hint of sloping,seamless welds at the headtube,replacable rd hanger,short-ish frame lenght(51cm?),top tube cable routing(as some cx bikes do),seattube cut out(at the saddlepost clamp)facing forwards,physical a4 grade stainless steel headbadge(for that hnnnng grey metal look)
>crabon fork,visible weave
>dick breaks,centrelock
>non-insternal cable routing
>3x11 drivetrain,shitemano
>32 spokes db sapim,622 ETRTO(700c),36 spokes if lacing x4 is possible
>Either Schwalbe durano tyres or pro one tubeless,23mm
>deda(compact)drop handlebars and stem
>Thomson seatpost
>charge scoop saddle
>topeak saddlebag
>sub 9kg

Thats all my autism can come up with atm
>>
>>949969
I just like 1x because if you have a decent enough cassette, you shouldn't have a problem.
Less maintenance and chain wear. Seems to strike a good balance between having the gears to handle hills and the messenger meme of fixed gear so no maintenance.
A lot of it is just personal preference. I like the simpler drive train.

But yeah, I guess i just didn't think of a through-axel
>>949984
>What you want is a drop-bar hybrid geometry.
Hybrids are trash. I've found to like straight up cyclocross geometry a lot better. I just wish the whole 'city bike' thing wasn't just bad hybrids.
There's a few companys out there who make good city oriented bikes. Like Charge. and I know the Crossrip was made with being a good city bike in mind.
>>
>>949995
>I like the simpler drive train
Then why not get an IGH? A rear derailleur is a lot more bullshit to deal with than a front, getting rid of the simpler of the two seems kind of retarded to me.
>>
>>949987
>implying all steel bicycles are chromoly
There's numerous steels that aren't cromoly and as good as or better than cromoly.
>downtube guy
Explains the shit taste
>>
>>949995
Cyclocross is a race bike, with a race geometry.

Those things sold as cyclocross-beater-commuter-light-tourers-wet-weather-bikes are not real cyclocross bikes. They're drop bar hybrids, and sometimes they keep questionable attributes like the high bottom brackets, which is mostly for side-hills.
>>
>>949995
>less chain wear
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>949995
Can confirm, here is my crossrip
>>
>>950018
You, anon, are not a downtube. That is a glorious 10/10 bike. Would ride.
>>
>>950003
Personal experience I guess. I've had more problems with my front than rear. Plus you can't really just have a front and not a rear.
IGH are just more expensive for my tastes. Especially if you want something with a good wide range.
>>
>>950018
Yeah, solid bike.
I always thought it was a nice touch how they have bolt on skewers instead of QR for the sake of security
>>
>>950024
nexus igh's run heavy as fuck too
>>
>>950018
The funny thing is the Crossrip isn't classified as a cyclocross bike. It's a city, ubran, commuter bike, the blurb talks about how versatile it is, in other words a drop bar hybrid.

The Trek cyclocross bikes are the Boone and the Crockett, and distinctly lack the hybrid features like a rack mounts, because you wouldn't use a rack racing cyclocross or training for cyclocross.
>>
>>950028
Well if that's a drop bar hybrid then fuck it
>>
>>950028
Yeah, a lot of 'cyclocross' bikes have become that, because actual city bikes are really boring sluggish hybrids.

I really want more fun, quick, utility bikes. The crossrip isn't totally there for me, but it's a step in the right direction for sure
>>
File: 20160428_212553-1.jpg (3 MB, 2982x1677) Image search: [Google]
20160428_212553-1.jpg
3 MB, 2982x1677
>>950018
How is the ride feel on the crossrip? How does it compare to other bikes you've ridden?
I have a 28 lbs steel meme bike, but I am seriously entertaining the idea of replacing it with a crossrip for more speed, but I already have fast road bikes, so I still want the commuter bike to really suck up all the cracks and buzz in the road.
>>
>>950030
The Crossrip is a city bike on Trek's website and marketing literature, not a cylcocross bike. Just because it has the word cross in it doesn't mean it is a cyclocross bike any more than cross-town means cyclocross bike, or cross-fit means cyclocross bike. What you want is a drop-bar hybrid.
>>
>>950033
Do you actually have autism?

it's the only explanation I can think for getting this bent out of shape over categories.
>>
>>950041
It's probably SI brochure guy
>>
>>950028
>>950033
>>950029
>>950030
>>950031
The thing is, cyclocross has become a very broad term. Initially the word applied to the type of race. Then bikes were designed specifically for cyclocross racing, so they were called cyclocross bikes. Then people realized they make great urban/commuter bikes, so they started using them as such. Then manufacturers saw that and decided to make urban/commuter bikes similar to cyclocross race bikes, but not designed for racing -- and the name "cyclocross bike" stuck with that whole area of bikes, even the ones not built for racing.
Trek doesn't refer to the Crossrip as a cx bike because that would confuse customers between their cx race bikes (Boone, Crocket) and their cx commuter bikes (Crossrip).
Non-race cx bikes are basically drop-bar hybrids. And they're some of the most fun and versatile bikes you'll ever ride.
>>
>>950041
I'm trying to point out that when people say they want cyclocorss geometry, they usually don't actually want cyclocross geometry. They want something closer to sport-touring, or endurance with more utility. If you say you want cyclocross geometry for a non-cyclocross bike, it means you're buying into memes, and you don't actually have a good grasp on what you want.
>>
File: downtubemageddon.jpg (173 KB, 1741x856) Image search: [Google]
downtubemageddon.jpg
173 KB, 1741x856
now THIS is a dreambike
>>
>>950048
I fucking love you, /n/. I want to make one of these irl.
>>
>>950045
Cyclocross means cyclocross. The term only means cyclocross. If you say you're going to do cyclocross is means you're doing cyclocross.

It's just applied to bikes that include cyclocross as on of their hybrid functions, because of memes, and because it sounds more serious than hybrid.

Because if you read this thread, you can see how negatively people react to the word hybrid, hybrid is a toxic word above low end bikes. That's why they have shit like flat bar road bikes. For some reason touring bike is also toxic, and people think touring slow and heavy, the fact that cyclocross is a type of race makes people think it is fast and sporty and light, even when that's not the case and a touring bike with touring tires is faster than a cyclocross bike with cycloross tires. Cyclocross sounds more high end than touring, when in reality, you could have just as versatile of a bike based off a touring bike as a cyclocross bike. In fact most drop bar hybrids are basically somewhere between the two.
>>
>>950055
Stop being such a downtube
>>
File: csm_YLBE2UC2_1_ea6a78cfec.jpg (254 KB, 1500x1014) Image search: [Google]
csm_YLBE2UC2_1_ea6a78cfec.jpg
254 KB, 1500x1014
I think the Bianchi Strada is the best in-city commuter bike.

it has chromoly frame/fork but none of the retro bullshit like downtube shifters or quill stem

flat bar handlebar because you need your head up for visibility in traffic

It has 28c tires so it is comfortable to ride but still reasonably fast, 25c has a lot of road vibration if the road is not perfectly smooth, roads in the US can have rough asphalt and significant uneven bumps at intersections

its a flat bar road bike, not a hybrid, not CX, it can handle well groomed dirt trails if need be
>>
File: universewme.jpg (129 KB, 999x654) Image search: [Google]
universewme.jpg
129 KB, 999x654
>>950097
People who think they don't like drop handlebars are often actually objecting to the position of the bars on the drop-bar bikes they have tried.

Bikes with drop bars often have the bars mounted rather low and far forward, so that the rider has to lean forward quite a lot to reach the bars, especially the lower "drop " position. If these people tried a bike where the drop bars were placed higher, and closer to the saddle, they might find they really liked them.

The only real advantage flat bars provide is greater control from the extra width, but this is a disadvantage for inner city riding. In a crowded city the extra width makes you take up more space, limits your maneuverability, and makes riding more dangerous.

People really needn't form their opinions out of fear. Riding a bicycle is an easy thing and there's no need to handicap yourself with babby habits.
>>
>>950114
There's also the fact they aren't as intuitive, the controls are more confusing, the brake levers are harder to use, they feel different and are just really off putting if you're not familiar with them.
>>
>>950031
Hey, I'm the one you had asked how the bike felt. The frame isn't as stiff as my carbon Scott addict obviously, but it's a great city/commuter. Handles well in shitty, potholed Philadelphia wasteland. You can find em used nowadays
>>
File: 1456585263006.jpg (34 KB, 625x451) Image search: [Google]
1456585263006.jpg
34 KB, 625x451
>>
>>950097
>commuter bike
>rim brakes
How is it a commuter bike if it isn't purpose built to be practical in all weather conditions?

If you only ride when it's 70 and sunny you're not commuting, you're just doing bike show-and-tell at the office.
>>
>>950647
I havent commuted in the rain so I wont comment directly, but disc brakes cause undo torque stress when braking due to the fact that I weight 220 lbs, I already have a problem with broken spokes. Also riding fast in the rain is dangerous in my opinion so I wouldnt equip a bike to do it
>>
>>949967
>25mm slicks
Everything else is great tho.
>>
>>950653
>I already have a problem with broken spokes
Sounds like you need to stop trying to commute on 20 spoke weight weenie wheels
>riding fast in the rain is dangerous
And just what is your definition of "fast"? Is it ok to crash at 10mph but not at 20mph? Because if your brakes don't do what they should (stop the bike), the result is a crash. Effective brakes stop you fast, in all conditions. Commuting is done in traffic when, sometimes, you need to stop unexpectedly.

But this is all just rationalization by someone who doesn't know how to properly pick equipment for the job, now you're going to tell me that using the front brake is dangerous because you could fly over the bars.
>>
>>950647

>If you only ride when it's 70 and sunny you're not commuting, you're just doing bike show-and-tell at the office.

nigger fuck you.

i started commuting 4 miles each way to my downtown highschool at age 16, rigid MTB with cantis. All my college commuting was done this way, too. then that bike got stolen, I got an old roadie with side-pulls, and I moved to a city with messengers. so I was a messenger for 2+ years. 9-5 m-f, I was out in whatever weather was happening, minus christmas, NYD, and thanksgiving. and we have 4 seasons here. multiple days at a time would be rain whenever the gulf decided to blow a winter or spring cloud bomb our way.

you know how many times I had problems with rim brakes? fucking zero, that's how many.

dicks are a niche product designed to shake money out of your pocket by an industry where everything necessary has already been optimized. they need something new to sell you. a good rider doesn't need them to commute. if you want them because they're nice, you got a good deal on the complete bike, whatever: hey, go nuts. but rim brakes are plenty "practical in all weather conditions." if they weren't, I'd have been squashed under a car years ago.
>>
>>950680
The dude you were responding to is our resident dick foamer. He only uses his rear brake and basically is dumb as shit.
>>
>>950680
>>950682
I've got 34 years of riding on coaster brakes, cantis, calipers, v brakes, and, in the last few years, discs. Discs are so much better for real world riding conditions, we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Without fail, every time someone defends rim brakes it's either because they are a fair weather cyclist, or they've simply never had the chance to try discs. It's always some dumb ass excuse too, like "you don't really need to stop, look up what brakes are for stupid!"

I know you think being a luddite makes you seem like you have some kind of "street cred" but what it actually does is show your ignorance and inexperience.
>>
File: 1450963995655.jpg (80 KB, 811x985) Image search: [Google]
1450963995655.jpg
80 KB, 811x985
>>950114
Sounds like yr mad at the normies. There are lots of types of handlebars, even ones shaped like moustaches! Also, I am switching from ergonomic J-bars to butterfly bars because I can't afford the hydraulic levers for drop bars. Drops are most aesthetic imo but not the best for multi-purpose bicycles.
>>
flat bar cross bikes

>thumb shifters
>full fenders
>snow tires
>big slick tires
>road tires
>1x10
>v-brakes
>dat all day comfort
>dat wide bar leverage
>dat versatility
>>
File: IMAG0505 (2).jpg (2 MB, 2957x2195) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0505 (2).jpg
2 MB, 2957x2195
>>950698

here's my old tricross. I loved the versatility of the frame, but I didn't like the geometry and I'd rather have a steel cross bike. So I sold it and kept the components.
>>
>>950687
I have bikes with dicks and bikes with rims and ride them both in all conditions, and do fine with either, even in shit like icy rain. You're just a dumb foaming old man who hasn't figured out that you should use the front brake.
>>
>>950018
This is exactly what I want.

How much did this cost you after everything was put together?
>>
File: 1451519039565.png (581 KB, 599x825) Image search: [Google]
1451519039565.png
581 KB, 599x825
>>950647
My disc brake bike got stolen and I started riding one with V-brakes; you can't stop as fast in the rain without discs but if the ground is covered in debris then you would be at just as much risk with the discs because the issue would be the grip of the tires. Discs are embarrassingly loud when soaked as well. I am in favor of them though because they require less maintenance if hydraulic and I'd rather replace a rotor than a wheel. I've only been commuting for one year and I can tell you that much. Yr a summerfagging downtube. The bike lane/ trail is no place for the close-minded and arrogant.
>>
>>950698
>one hand position
>all day comfort
Pick one
>>
>>950703
>discs are unsafe because the front brake could be too strong
This is what rimfags ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>950708
Your reading comprehensions sucks.
>>
>>950709
Maybe your writing ability sucks.

Explain to me your fear of having discs up front. I assume it's because you think learning to modulate is impossible since you're used to panic death grip to the point of snapping the levers off if you so much as want to slow down a little while going downhill in the rain. Oh sorry >muh kool stop, so you won't snap the levers, you just need an 8/10 deathgrip instead of 11/10.
>>
>>950706
I don't notice much difference between wet and dry noise levels unless I rode through a deep pool of dirty road water, and even then the noise goes away after a few dry commutes if you clean the rotors off and let the pads wear a bit more.
>>
File: 1449155686390.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449155686390.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
>>950710
I'm pretty sure you're using the troll scapgoat; you realized you were being retarded so now you're upping the retardation subtly so that people will fuck off. I just hope you learn from this and maybe treat your loved ones with some open-mindedness for the next week or something.
>>
File: 00F0F_a18hVpLE6qN_600x450.jpg (70 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00F0F_a18hVpLE6qN_600x450.jpg
70 KB, 600x450
>>950711
Mine wasn't consistently noisy after getting wet but if I wanted to signal and brake at the same time whilst its pouring buckets of rain, I would get a gnarly squeal because of the pressure being on only one break.
>>
>>950712
It was a simple question, no need to get so defensive. Perhaps it would be easier on both of us if you just said: "I resent people who can afford modern technology and they probably aren't as good a cyclist as me".

I believe a word even exists to express this sentiment. Say "fred" and then tell a story about how you once passed someone on a nicer bike than yours.
>>
>>950713
Yeah, the "bite" from sudden hard braking with dirty wet pads can be loud, with the exception of emergencies I only really brake like that when when there's no traffic (bikes or cars) so I wouldn't be signaling or worried about noise.

When I'm riding with a lot of other traffic around I get on the brakes softly because sudden changes in speed riding through dense traffic is asking for trouble. Easing into the stop is pretty quiet even if my pads are filthy.
>>
>>950710
I don't have a fear of discs, and neither does the anon you previously replied to. But i'm forced to concede that his writing ability may not be the best, because that Freudian typo. Still, anyone can make typo occasionally.
>>
>>950713
How do you like the 920?
>>
>>950713
that bike is fucking sweet
>>
>>950710
The dumbass dick foamer was complaining about rim brakes in another thread and bitching about how he couldn't lock the rear wheel up with rim brakes. At the end of the thread he still didn't know that the front brake is what provides most of the braking force. Are you that idiot? You probably are since you think that it's impossible for people with rim brakes to modulate.

>>950713
>dat 920 with jones loop bar
HNNNNNNG

don't tell me that's the bike that got stolen
>>
>>950732
>typo
nigga I type "dick breaks" on purpose
>>
>>950707

I frequently work 12 hour messenger shifts so come at me bro. What do you know about riding a bike all day?
>>
>>950744
At any given time, for as long as /n/ has been a transportation board, there have been 2-3 different threads containing an argument about disc brakes. Surely you cannot possibly believe that those threads consist of you and one other person? This is almost as crazy as your belief that disc brakes are dangerous because they're "too powerful"
>>
>>950755
>implying I'm the one who thinks that dick breaks are too powerful
you're projecting pretty hard bruh
>>
>>950744
Disc brakes provide more braking force than rim brakes.

While front brakes usually provide more braking force than rear brakes, they also present the risk of unintentionally endoing so are not always ideal to use. Depends on the circumstances.
>>
>2016
>not having a bike with hydraulic disc breaks
Poorfags detected.
>>
>>949967
Downtubeing much?
That bike is worthless without pedals.
>>
>>950834
>Disc brakes provide more braking force than rim brakes.
That depends on many factors. Theoretically rim brakes can provide more stopping force as they have greater leverage (the same way a larger disc rotor provides greater force), however it requires more friction between the rim and pad. Certain combinations can outperform some discs in terms of power (you'll see this a lot on trial bikes).

The advantages discs have are better modulation due to better material choices (steel rotors and pads not being made of rubber), better performance in mud and rain, less fade from heat in some situations, and instead of replacing a worn rim you just replace the rotor.
>>
>>950844
The correct spelling is 'downtubing' not 'downtubeing' you downtuber.
>>950843
I have a bike with hydraulic discs and I have a bike with mechanical discs and I have two bikes with rim brakes, mechanical discs are my favorite, fuck you you downtubing poorfag.
>>
>>950843
>tfw my bike has hydraulic disc brakes
>>
File: Scalpel_SI_Black.jpg (100 KB, 945x630) Image search: [Google]
Scalpel_SI_Black.jpg
100 KB, 945x630
>>949967
It just got announced, but I'd want it with a more practical fork like a SID.
>>
>>950863
Do bikes actually have half forks like that ir is it shopped to show off the wheel or whatever? Looks ugly as fuck.
>>
>>950868
It's real, I think Cannondale is the only one making single sided suspension forks. The also do some rigid ones, such as on the Hooligan, and there are probably other companies making them.
>>
>>950880
What's the point?
>>
>>950888
I always assumed it was muh grams, since sus forks weigh so much compared to rigid
>>
File: DowntubesDownTheTubes5.jpg (125 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
DowntubesDownTheTubes5.jpg
125 KB, 750x563
>>950889
Makes sense. They could just get rid of downtubes instead.
>>
>>950888
Less weight, easier to change tyres and tubes, and the suspension forks are supposedly rather stiff with less stichion than a lot of twin leg forks especially when a lateral load is applied.
>>
>>950888
It is more rigid for the same weight.
>>
>>950901
downtube/0
>>
>>950911
>dividing by 0
INFINITY
>>
>>950705
$1500
>>
File: Bike2016_Complete_TR500_2.jpg (415 KB, 2000x1113) Image search: [Google]
Bike2016_Complete_TR500_2.jpg
415 KB, 2000x1113
Dream bike right here. My DH bike good enough that I don't need to upgrade, but if I had an extra 5k sitting around...
>>
File: T3gulf2_02sm.png (889 KB, 1150x767) Image search: [Google]
T3gulf2_02sm.png
889 KB, 1150x767
Couldn't find a picture of this bike in this color scheme completed, but this is the idea. I'm a sucker for clean geometries and good welding, and I don't really like the look of modern aero bikes.
>>
File: 471.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1757) Image search: [Google]
471.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1757
>>
File: Sophie.jpg (479 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [Google]
Sophie.jpg
479 KB, 2048x1150
idk why you would look any further than oldschool touring geo for a versatile agile all rounder personally

I mean I could do with a little more comfort and a replaceable hanger, but I love this bike
>>
>>950119
so you refuse to learn basically
>>
File: IMG_20160418_161235137.jpg (592 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_161235137.jpg
592 KB, 2592x1944
>>950362
Philly here. I ride a similar "not really cx," more like a dropbar hybrid jawn. seen here sans rack and fenders.

Also, this thread is ridiculous. I can't disagree with the correctness that this whole category of bikes is marketed somewhat sportier/CX!!! than they really are, but compared to the typical flat bar road/hybrids/city bikes categories a lot of these are so much better and more fun. I like this current trend of sturdy, somewhat sporty commuter bikes.
>>
>>951129
fuck outta here
>>
>>951129
>designing a bicycle without a downtube
What a downtube.
>>
>>950911
>>950918
wow you must be very old 4chans good /b/ mem *clap*
>>
>>950863
>Schwalbe professional bike tires

Excellent choice from Cannondale
>>
File: IMG_5813.jpg (84 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5813.jpg
84 KB, 510x383
Surly troll
steel-strong,reliable,weldable
100mm suspension corrected fork
full rack mounts
5 bottle cage mounts and anything cage mounts on the fork
clearance for a 26X2.7 but have seen people running up to 29X2
Clearance for a triple ring up front
Rim brake or disc brake compatible
Can run a rohloff, ss or regular gearing

The dream is to run it as a rigid 27.5 commuter/mtb possible with a suspension fork while im at uni and switching out to 26 wheels for world touring in a few years

>cue surly hate
>>
>>949987
You are objectively retarded.
>>
>>950004
>There's numerous steels that aren't cromoly
Yes.
>and as good as or better than cromoly.
No.
>>951490
You are objectively a downtube.
>>951488
The Troll is a great bike. I test rode one and it wasn't that fun to ride, but it's so fucking versatile.
>>
File: Fubi-folding-bike-kickstarter.jpg (72 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Fubi-folding-bike-kickstarter.jpg
72 KB, 800x450
This with a CVT in the back wheel and regenerative brakes in the front wheel.
>>
File: ExceedBeyondLimits.jpg (119 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
ExceedBeyondLimits.jpg
119 KB, 1024x749
This but with a SID and Shimano brakes.
>>
>>951549
>531
>stainless
>>
File: jjjlol4.jpg (34 KB, 798x534) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol4.jpg
34 KB, 798x534
>>951601
>stainless
>better than chromoly
I fucking choked on my water and spit half of it out laughing so hard
>>
>>951599
That bike looks great, but
>wanting Shitmano
>not SRAM
Full retard.
>>
File: Wjbd3S7.png (19 KB, 805x531) Image search: [Google]
Wjbd3S7.png
19 KB, 805x531
>>951612
Fuck off, Americuck.
>>
>>951597
>regenerative brakes in the front wheel
For what purpose? There's no battery to recharge, if you want to power lights then you get a dynamo.

>>951612
Everyone knows SRAM brakes are junk. That said if it was a dream bike (implying money is no concern) then there are probably better choices than Shimano too.
>>
>>951612
>ignoring the fact that it doesnt have Schwalbe Professional bike tyres equipped

Full dumbass
>>
>>951621
Regenerative brakes would be to charge any battery I'd need to charge, and to help out with brake wear.
>>
>>951654
You'd be better off with a dynamo still, and if you want longer lasting brakes then use discs.
>>
>>951621
Then get SRAM drive train and Campy brakes.
>>951639
Fuck you downtube
>>951620
>projecting your own insecurity on others
You probably just eat burgers all day and get fat as fuck you fat fuck
>>
Considering I dont remember seeing a SRAM bike in the PYBT I can only assume SRAMSPAM is bait.
>>
>>951711
Fuck you faggot I have SRAM on 3 of my 4 bikes (the other one has Suntour and Sugino). My 5th bike which I hope to get this year will also have SRAM.
>>
>>951714
Considering I dont remember seeing a SRAM bike in the PYBT I can only assume SRAMSPAM is bait.
>>
>>951705
Campy doesn't (yet) make dick breaks m8 and when they do it won't be for MTB

Anyway there are other choices, like Hope, but there's fuckall reason to get anything other than Shimano on a MTB.

>>951714
literally why
>>
>>951722
>but there's fuckall reason to get anything other than Shimano on a MTB.
Are you retarded? Shimano is shit in general, but ESPECIALLY on mtbs
>>
>>951621
>SRAM brakes are junk
Have you ever ridden SRAM brakes or are you just repeating what you heard on the Internet. Can't speak for all of their products, but their guide and code brakes have better power and modulation than shimano (I own both brands of brakes)
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 960x540
Cannondale Supersix Evo Black inc, if I had the frame id build it with SRAM red etap and flo carbon rims with Chris king hubs.

Or just swap the dura ace for etap cause those enves are sexe
>>
>>951154
>jawn
my nigga
>>
>>951705
>Then get SRAM drive train and Campy brakes.
I'm not 100% sure (I'm not the one that posted the bike) but that looks like SRAM to me. As for brakes, you evidently don't know shit as Campy doesn't make disc brakes. I don't think they make anything MTB related any more.

>>951751
>Have you ever ridden SRAM brakes or are you just repeating what you heard on the Internet.
I've used them, however I only own some BB5s and that's only because they came with the bike (and will probably end up being replaced with Shimanos. I've heard plenty of bad stories from people who have SRAM brakes both online and who I know personally (one friend had a fairly high end model that decided to dump all it's oil out of the front caliper.

Never had a problem with any of the many Shimano brakes I own (all of which have been second hand nor have I heard any problems from friends that own them. I don't think I've even heard any horror stories online, not saying they don't exist but they're definitely not as wide spread as with SRAM.
>>
>>949967
>cromoly frame & fork
>drop bar with extra levers
>1x crank with 11 speed internal gear flip-flop hub
>carbon mudguards
>aluminum rack with a qt on it

[spoiler]
desu i just want to find a bike i like and can afford at the same time
>tfw no bike
[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.