[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYCLING DISCIPLINE TIERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1455806358301.png (182 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1455806358301.png
182 KB, 442x341
Patrician Tier:
>XC mtb racing
>Road racing
>Hill climbs
Great Tier:
>CX racing
Good Tier:
>Marathon XC mtb
>TT/Crits
>Short Track XC
>All Track racing*
>DH racing
OK Tier:
>XC Eliminator
Awful Tier:
>Gravel Racing
>Dual Slalom
Shit Tier:
>Winter Racing
>Enduro
Degenerate Tier:
>"Oh I don't race, I tour"
Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier:
>Any of above disciplines on a fatbike
>BMX racing
>Triathlons

*can be great tier

N/A: Bike polo, bike delivery/transport, commuting, freestyle bmx and others
>>
>>926266

Ride to ride faggot. This isnt a contest. Your thread sucks, and you probably dont even ride.
>>
File: 1453563541058.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1453563541058.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>926268
Into the trash with you.
>>
>God tier
Enjoying riding your bike
>Shit tier
Tryhard rankings
>>
What's wrong with enduro? Doesn't it combine the technical challenge of DH with the fitness of XC?
>>
You pansies need to lose your training wheels and pick up unicycling instead.
>>
>>926271
if the climbs were seriously timed it'd be higher up. It'd be insane then
>>
wheres touring?
>>
Technically a cyclist should be good at every discipline. Saying one is better than the other is pointless. The disciplines are waayyy too different to be compared to each other.

Fuck CX though if you're going to carry your bike half the time like a purse. The only time you should only be carrying your bike, is going up a mountain that can't be pedaled.
>>
>>926266
>Degenerate Tier:
>>"Oh I don't race, I tour

Confirmed: you should see how many drugs I do on my 100 miles rides to the beach
>>
>>926290
>Fuck CX though

aka triathlon alternative for aging yuppie hipsters
>>
File: 1452654714313s.jpg (2 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
1452654714313s.jpg
2 KB, 117x125
>>926311
oh, it's you again
>>
>>926290
>>926313
I like CX because it is nearest to the riding I do daily. Varying terrain, obstacles that can't be ridden, mud and shit everywhere.

Road racing, TT and all that stuff seems so utopistic to me.

But really any kind of riding you enjoy is just as "valuable" or whatever..
>>
Pretty accurate desu senpai.
For once a thread on /n/ that isnt completely edgy and shit. Colour me shocked
>>
>>926315

Anybody who doesn't smoke weed and pop benzos on long rides is a twink pussy lycra bitch
>>
>>926329

I fully support the CX scene.

I need that trickle-down technology for my drop-bar drug rides.

Keep on doing your thing CX dude. I'll keep buying last year's grass/light gravel tires and shit
>>
>>926266
I hate tourers, especially randos. And to a less extent CX.

It went from being one of the most down to earth groups to the most elitist poseur hipster shit clique thing ever. If you don't notice, it's simply because you fit in with the crowd too much which is a mix of one-upmanship and special snowflakiness.

Racers only care that you aren't a complete asshole, and if you can win. Sure they might give you shit and be superficially judgmental, but you can shut them up by being faster, and they will shut up quick if you beat them fair and square.

I get why people new to cycling think racers are elitist and rando/CX/touring is inclusive though. Hipsters will include a neophyte that they feel unthreatened by sort of like a good looking person will befriend an ugly person so they look better in comparison. They inflate their egos by courting admirers. Secretly, they're being judgmental pricks and talking shit behind your back. Racers will talk shit, but that's just because it's a competitive sport. If you have an ego, you better support it with wins. Losing is extremely humbling.
>>
>>926626

Real touring cyclists are very down to earth. You can see them on Bikeforums except for a few hipster faggots

Rando is insufferable. Jan Heine has some good blog posts but the people who ride those bikes are terrible dorks.

I like long, slow rides and drop bars. I ride to clear my head and relax... and for adventure cycling to towns I've never seen.

Touring bikes are great for that. I'm anti-social and just want to be alone for an entire day taking in the scenery

I shit on roadies constantly as a joke but without them and the MTB early-adopters we wouldn't have half the awesome tech we have today.
>>
what's wrong with triathlon? I get that some of the participants aren't exactly fit and they kind of milk it for money, but otherwise it's just an "accessible" endurance event that includes all the classic modes of human transportation.
granted it would be more interesting with free style mountain climbing as the last event...
>>
>>926854
> I get that some of the participants aren't exactly fit
It's the fit ones that are insufferable. They think they're super hardcore because they do 3 sports, so they know how to run better than runners, swim better than swimmers and cycle better than cyclists.
>>
>>926854
the last event should be king of the mountain wrestling, after the climb. winner is the one who holds the summit longest, with special prizes for win streaks and sacking villages
>>
>roadies think they're hard cunts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA
>>
>>926266
>Triathlons
>>
>>927027
Trials is pretty cool, I forgot about that. Unclassifiable like BMX i suppose.
>>
File: p5pb12730671.jpg (403 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
p5pb12730671.jpg
403 KB, 1024x683
>>926856
Except at least 98% of western people can't run for shit.

>>926266
>8/10

>xc is for roadies who are to shit for actual mtb riding
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.