[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a shorts and bibs thread? I'm thinking of d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: kCFEp0J.jpg (139 KB, 563x769) Image search: [Google]
kCFEp0J.jpg
139 KB, 563x769
Can we have a shorts and bibs thread? I'm thinking of dropping hard dough on these.

http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/women%27s-classic-bib-shorts/product/WBS01
>>
>>926229
>/women%27s-classic-bib-shorts/product/WBS01
>/women%27s
L%20O%20N%20D%20O%20N
O%0A
N%0A
D%0A
O%0A
N%0A
>>
>>926258
I'm a guy though. I just like the looks of women's bike shorts.
>>
>>926229
What's the name of that font used in the description?
>>
Sort of related, but will these jerseys make me look like an even bigger faggot? and has anyone tried cheapshit chinese jerseys?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cartoon-Hero-Series-Iron-man-Spiderman-Captain-America-cycling-jersey-bicycle-jersey-for-men-MTB-jersey/32259949571.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_4_505_506_503_504_502_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10004_10009_10008_9974,searchweb201560_8,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6450&btsid=168833a8-7324-42b4-9597-00328f5ea1e0
>>
>>926229
I highly doubt that those will fit your dude body very well so I guess you'd better find a titty skittles dealer on /lgbt/ and get some implants so you can be the trap on wheels you've always wanted to be.

>>926461
Adobe Caslon
>>
>>926454
dude wear what's comfiest, but they look like you might get nipple chaffing, if you don't wear a base layer.
>>
>>926474
If girls can wear this stuff without a bra I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>926553
Does your body more closely resemble a woman cyclist's frame? Do you have larger breasts and a higher hips:waist ratio than normal male cyclists?

If not I can't imagine these will be the most comfortable. It'll prolly crush ur junk too. Cause, y'know, that whole penis/vagina thing between sexes...?

Whatever, tho. Ur $235 mistake...
>>
>>926561
I mean, what exactly is a woman's cyclist's frame? I'm sort of short at 5'9'' and I weigh about 150 so it can't be that bad.
>>
Doesn't bianchi-kun work at wal-mart? How can he afford high-end cross-dressing?
>>
>>926553
It says for use with spots bra

>>926593
Trek WSD frame
>>
>>926627
Does that faggot even post here anymore?
>>
>>926628
We'll find out. Just ordered and will probably get it in a week.
>>
File: Compass-Bicycles_2036-copy1.jpg (384 KB, 1176x1176) Image search: [Google]
Compass-Bicycles_2036-copy1.jpg
384 KB, 1176x1176
Does the compass knickers have gusseted crotch ? Don't want to wear padded short under.
>>
>>926627
isn't he a dental assistant?
>>
>>927443
Your mom is a dental assistant.
>>
>>926229
>rapha
>really expensive kit
>made in china

fuck off.
>>
>>927706
Manufacturing stuff like stuff like clothing in China is done because they have the ability to deliver large quantities of well-made stuff reliably. They have the factories, and they have the skilled workforce. The US, UK, and other Western countries simply don't have that capability now. In transitioning to service economies, we've lost our ability to manufacture in quantity. So, Rapha sources large runs of stuff from China, and smaller runs from Portugal and Italy. They likely make the same margin either way, as making stuff in China isn't particularly cheap anymore.
>>
>>927717
You're either straight up shilling or simply a propaganda dupe unknowingly shilling. Either way, the effect is the same. You're spreading disinfo.

>well-made stuff reliably

Bullshit. Quality Fade is an ongoing and increasing reality across all sectors of chinese manufacturing in everything from clothing to steel. Every month a literal mountain of chinese made garbarge is ejected into the world.

If you're an industry propagandist, fuck you. If you're just a comfy middle-class twat who dutifully believes what you're told, grow the fuck up.

To everyone else: Stop buying chinese crap. Where ever you live, whenever you can, buy things that are made in your own country; this will help improve your economy and quality of life.

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/quality-fade-chinas-great-business-challenge/

http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=25441

http://www.chinalawblog.com/2014/03/chinas-quality-fade-is-there-really-such-a-thing-and-so-what-if-there-is.html

Interesting these last two articles try to make the case that it's the buyers fault for allowing chinese companies to cheat them. Wow. Fuck you. In the ass. Seriously.
>>
>>927757
So what's some good bibs that are American made?
>>
>>927757
>I lost muh assembly line job to china and I spend all muh hours collecting disability for muh beetus and complaining on the internet about "middle class twats" i.e., people who graduated from college
China makes good stuff and bad stuff. If you didn't have a dog in this fight, you'd be willing to admit it. I'm sorry your parents didn't love you and encouraged you to take that assembly line job at the age of 18 instead of deferring income in exchange for the career growth opportunities afforded by higher education
-Posted from my iPhone
>>
>>927841
Search and State, Voler, OrNot, and Aerotech all make stuff of reasonable quality in the US (although Aerotech also makes stuff elsewhere).

>>927757
The quality you get out of China depends on who you source your stuff from and how well you keep on top of QC. The same goes for sourcing stuff from US manufacturers, or from anywhere else in the world.

If the West reverses its decline in manufacturing, great, but it'll require several decades and serious dedication to developing a real competitive advantage over China, India, Vietnam, etc.
>>
>>927843
i don't know if what this guy >>927757
says is true about "quality fade" or not, although it sounds about right and is logical.
however, if your argument is that anyone who thinks we should be buying products made in our own countries and supporting local economic growth is some sort of working class loser character out of a 1970s mike leigh film, you're really out of touch.

also if you think a country the size of the united states can produce and sustain 350,000,000 IT professionals, you're an idiot. every large country has to have a manufacturing base. it has to make stuff.
>>
>>927902
> but it'll require several decades and serious dedication to developing a real competitive advantage over China, India, Vietnam, etc.
Aka vote Trump

Thanks for the American made sites btw, I like a lot of the Voler stuff I saw so I'm saving it for when I need new gear.
>>
Here's a good list (far from complete) of made in usa cycling stuff:

https://joecruz.wordpress.com/usa-made-cycling-gear/

Clothing:

Aerotech Designs | shorts, jerseys, jackets and more
Apocalypse Designs | Pogies and other cold weather gear
Alchemist | custom technical and casual cycling apparel
B Spoke Tailor
Betabrand | urban cycling clothing (over 80% of their offerings made in USA)
Beyond Clothing | not cycling specific except for cap, but custom outerwear
Bicycle Fixation
Bouré
Brandt-Sorenson | luxury road cycling apparel
Cedar Cycling | merino clothing
Center for Appropriate Transport | rain capes, helmet cover
Cleverhood | rain cape
Dargelos | fashionable reflective vest
Darn Tough | socks
DeFeet | socks, shoe covers, base layers
Dirtbaggies | Shell shorts and bibs
Donkey Label | jerseys, socks, accessories
ExIT shoes | stylish shoes
Giro | Sewn in California line: Over shorts, Polo, Jersey, Crew, Long Sleeve
Gravity Anomaly | mountain bike shorts, jerseys, apparel
Ibex Outdoor Clothing (most items)
Henschel Hats | not cycling specific, but hats for touring
J&G Cyclewear | rain gear including jackets, pants, shoe covers
Kucharik | Wool clothing
Liquid Eyewear | sunglasses
Log House Designs | gore-tex shells
Melanzana | technical fleece clothing
Nona Varnado | urban cycling clothing for women
>>
Nuu-Muu | women’s athletic dresses
Okabashi | not cycling specific, but great sandals
ORNOT | jerseys, shorts, jacket
Outdoor Research Tactical | filter using US Made option
Outlier
Pace Sportswear | jerseys, shorts, headwear, winter, base layers
PULSE Activewear | merino outdoor clothing
Ragged Mountain | fleece clothing, mitts, gloves, duffels
Randi Jo Fabrications | cycling softgoods including caps
Road Holland | jerseys
Riivo Shoes | Cycling shoes including custom and semi-custom
Search and State | jerseys, bibs, jacket and accessories
Stormy Kromer | not cycling specific, but caps, women’s caps, shirts, etc. for touring
Superdomestik | kits, caps, socks, bidons
Sweathawg Headwear | helmet liner
Swiftwick | cycling compression socks
Swobo (selected items)
Swrve (selected items)
Teko Socks
Thunderbolt Sportswear | softshell jeans, hoody
Vere Sandals | not cycling specific, but flip flops for taking on tour
Vespertine | stylish reflective accessories for urban riding
Voler | clothing, including custom and semi-custom
Wabi Woolens
Walz Caps
Weinbrenner | not cycling specific but shoes, boots and shoe covers for expedition touring
Wickers | baselayers
Wigwam | Socks & beanies
Wild Things Gear | technical apparel
WoolSports | merino activewear
>>
>>926229
Don't get Rapha. I bought into the hype awhile back. Their bib shorts felt like a silk pillow until I sat down on saddle. Complete trash. Straight up hurt my dick. I can ride in jeans and not feel that. No where close to my Pearl Izumi Pros.
>>
>>926229
Also don't buy womens shit if you're a dude you soon-to-be numb nuts. Womens chamois is made for people with vaginas. They're designed completely differently.
>>
>>928490
My saddle should be well enough to stop numb nuts.
>>
File: 55.jpg (243 KB, 960x1054) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
243 KB, 960x1054
Aero Tech Designs SM010
You're welcome

Best affordable shorts on the market
>>
File: SHO00081.jpg (228 KB, 596x813) Image search: [Google]
SHO00081.jpg
228 KB, 596x813
>>927422
Right jolly wardrobe, old chap!

Be sure to wear a scarf unless you wish to catch the sniffles!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.