[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take the train they said. http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/z
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Take the train they said.

http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/zugunglueck-bad-aibling-145.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35530538
>>
That's what you get when you let the french run your trains
>>
statistically travelling by train is about 100 times safer then travelling by car
>>
>>922247
I'll bet your stats don't include violence crimes on trains.
>>
File: eschede-1.jpg (65 KB, 596x385) Image search: [Google]
eschede-1.jpg
65 KB, 596x385
Germany, Yes
>>
File: O35vQxW.jpg (105 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
O35vQxW.jpg
105 KB, 1024x576
>see oncoming train
>don't stop
>>
>>922251
>trains drive on sight
nice meme
>>
>>922256
>blind people can drive trains
good one
>>
File: 2251579.jpg (97 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
2251579.jpg
97 KB, 620x413
>pack your compact car with 8 people including a baby
>see oncoming train
>don't stop
>>
>>922249
1. Does not matter for technically safety.
2. If he is talking about German trains it would make no difference. There is not much violent crime anyway. And close to none in trains.
>>
edgy posting. I used to take that line regularly, shit's scary
>>
File: 1288332949800.jpg (23 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
1288332949800.jpg
23 KB, 400x268
>>922263
Looks like a predator lynching over its prey, doesn't it?
>>
>>922221
>German engineering
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>922263
>>922359
Why can't cagers understand that a 300 ton train going 80 mph is going to stop on a dime just because they can't look up from their phone for a second to see the signals?

They should stay in the coral reefs where they belong.
>>
Thanks, Merkel.
>>
>>922251
>trains can stop quickly

Well meme'd sir.
>>
I really wonder what happened that they let two trains on one track. That used to happen a lot back in the day when everything was controled only by a chain of people with a phone and manualy operated signals and no radio contact to the driver. But I seriously doubt that was the case of this line in 2016.
>>
>>922580
Block operated single lines are common; otherwise you can only have one train on an entire single line at any one time, and that's just a very long siding.
>>
>>922583
when the trains are going in opposite directions then the block is pretty useless in between stations

for some reason one train was departed when it should have waited in a station, the question is, who did that and how the hell did nobody and nothing realize this failure.
>>
>>922616
That is, indeed, the question. It's usually possible to disable automatic braking systems, so that a train can pass a broken signal (which is normally only ever done under caution, with permission of the signaller). If the driver of one of the trains disabled the automatic brakes and then drove through a red signal, that would have done it.

However that's just speculation, and we'll know soon enough from the data recorders on the trains.
>>
>>922616
Ah, it's a classic SPAD then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8UDodqm1jc [Embed]

These british videos look cheesy, but consider it's a single track run and there's only a single signal at both stations, the dirver could happily run myriads before the impact.
>>
Germans use an automatic train stop system which should prevent this kind of accident.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punktf%C3%B6rmige_Zugbeeinflussung
>>
>>922705
>A train driver may pass a red signal if it has been mandated by the station director, or it is being allowed by a replacement signal (German "Ersatzsignal") or a caution signal (German "Vorsichtsignal"). The train driver needs to push and hold the command button (German "Befehlstaste") while moving over the 2000 Hz inductor - while the button is pressed a constant audible warning (bell and speech) is raised and the use of the command button is registered on the train recorder.

Like all automated systems of this kind, they can be disabled.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.