[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I parked in a bike lane.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
>>
And then you filmed it with your helmet camera I suppose
>>
>>920235
I think he is referencing his vigilante beta justice sticker
>>
>>920236
BUT WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN???
>>
>>920234
why did you put it on the window where they can easily remove it with no damage to their car?
>>
>>920281
people like you are why I smile when another cyclist gets mowed down.
>>
>>920234
whats your beef, faggot? is the parking meter expired?

> bike lane
> 3 inches of snow

you are why people in cars aim for bike riders.
>>
>>920301
u srs? it's a bike lane, not a parking lane.
>>
>>920300
i think that's just because you're a psychopath
>>
>>920309
Seconding this post
>>
>>920308
then explain the parking meter, idiot
>>
>>920317
not him, but it's for the cars in the parking lane - directly to the left of the bike lane
>>
"cyclist" is the worst form of identity politics, because it makes the least sense. Who the fuck identifies themselves based on their main form of transportation (recreation)? You don't see millions of Americans identifying themselves primarily as "drivers" and organizing driver support groups. What a fucking joke. Sad!
>>
>>920319
When it's two parking meters on one stand like that it means that there is parking on both sides of the stand.
>>
>>920344
Yes, and both of the cars corresponding to that meter are to the LEFT of the parked vehicle
>>
>>920234
Smash the mirror
Carwash now
>>
>>920348
That's the driving lane. Why would the bike lane be closer to the curve than a parking space?
>>
>>920352
To protect cyclists from motorists obviously
>>
>>920234
>bike lane
>literally parking meter right there
>and a sign that says parking

You're a colossal faggot if you think this guy is right
>>
>>920390
Do you see all the other cars lined up in the background? Those cars are properly parked in the parking lane. The bike lane runs between those cars and the curb. Some roads have a raised curb in between the parking lane and bike lane to prevent this kind of dumbfuck shit.
>>
What happened to cyclists as children to make them so butthurt about cars and the people who drive them? Are you mad your parents didn't get you a nice car on your 16th birthday and as a result you have a sour grapes attitude towards the technology? I just don't understand. Cyclists are consumed by hate for car drivers and the vast majority of car drivers never even think about you at all.
>>
>>920409
>>920335
You know that feel when you're stuck behind some spandex ass pedaling right down the middle of the freeway, where bikes aren't even permitted? What you're experiencing is a lack of mode separation. Some pavement is car-only, most is shared to some degree, and a tiny tiny bit is bike-only. Most of us drive cars too, but that tiny bit is important to us.
>>
>>920243
I don't know, Coast Guard?
>>
>>920234
>not placed on the side window so it'd obscure the side mirror
Nigga won't even notice it.
>>
>>920344
no
>>920317
>>
>>920434
nice proof, you came prepared. this is a good thread.
>>
>>920552
Not sure if serious or not, but I can see how some people may have not realized it was a protected bike lane from the OP pic. I think this seals the deal though.
>>
>>920553
also I think it's extra fucking stupid, because there is obviously a free parking spot DIRECTLY TO THE LEFT of that car.

lazy fucking assholes.
>>
>>920434
calgary?
>>
>>920602
nah
>>
>>920602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsNPLxu8oo
Calgary
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-01-23h12m31s93.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-01-23h12m31s93.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>920621
>is that legal? Anticipating the door to open on me

???what?
>>
File: stopxam sticker.png (360 KB, 699x385) Image search: [Google]
stopxam sticker.png
360 KB, 699x385
>>920234
Then I suppose you're lucky it was just a tiny little sticker.
>>
>>920673
haha awesome
>>
>>920741
Russians take their activism seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jGNd4Deys
>>
>>921044
this is good to see. there's some hope for russia
>>
>>920409

Dont project you butthurtness on us. The law allows bikes to use the roads and it is your resonsibility to watch out for them. If you dont like bikes on the road contact your local government about it, stop bitching on anonimous message boards.
>>
>>921044
>that guy who pulls a gun

holy shiiiiiiit
>>
>>921233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loxZgo3Jk74
>>
>>921235
kek
>>
>>921235
I love the cut in russian in-jokes
>>
>>920300
Just for that, I'm going to key someone's car tomorrow.
>>
>>920431
>not placing it directly on the side mirror furthest from the drivers seat so he would have to get out of his car and walk all the way to the other side to peel it off
>not putting several stickers on his car obscuring his vision and preferably getting him in a wreck or wasting several hours peeling it off
>>
>>920243
LOL
>>
>>921159
To be fair you should be watching for us if i hit you im fine you may not be. Food for thought
>>
>>920335
Get a load of this homosexual.
>>
>>920234
I just don't get the passive aggressive mentality behind this. It would've taken you literally seconds to pass by this car on either the side of the road to its left or hopped up the curb on the right. Instead you literally halt your commute to vandalize someones car because they, like nearly everyone with a car at some point, even you, will park illegally for all of ten fucking minutes because there's just no alternative.

Why are cyclists such faggots?
>>
>>922649
>I just don't get the passive aggressive mentality

Agreed. I prefer full on aggression. You would not believe the number of cars I've dented.

I'm a pedestrian, btw.
>>
>>922154
>dat filename
>>
>>922649
I just dont get the aggresive mentality behind passing. It would've taken you literally seconds to switch lanes instead of passing me closely trying to murder me. Why are cagers such faggots?
>>
>>922649
>no alternative
>empty space literally parallel to him
its a respect thing. you dont respect someone and break the law, why should someone else respect you? and no, most people don't illegally park you stupid nigger
>>
>>922655
>>922667
Literally proving my point here.

>>922677
>its a respect thing
Do you know how many "cyclists" I see day to day who break laws fucking left and right? We already got one here talking about straight up damaging a cat and another with absolutely zero self awareness trying to blame it on the car.

Exactly what respect should I give to the general cyclist when these are the examples I'm given daily?

What gets me even more is that the perspective completely shifts from being on a bike to driving a car. I see self proclaimed cyclists fighting for their right to use the road then nearly clipping the same faggots they're supposed to be fighting alongside when they hop in their prius to get groceries and blaming it on the cyclist. The mental gymnastics are astoundingly cringeworthy.

I've never had an issue with a vehicle ever, and that's because I stay the fuck out of their way, laws or not. Everyone breaks traffic laws. Cyclists are no different, but you are literally smaller and more at risk of fucking dying that anyone driving a car. Youd rather riak your life to prove a point than to just avoid it altogether and move on with your day. Pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>922684
Nah m8
Youre logic is flawed u fag
>>
>>922708
Nice job backing it up with an argument of your own.

Its the only thing I don't like about this board. The bigoted inferiority complex that people who ride bikes have. You are literally inferior and when push comes to shove you get fucking killed for doing some stupid shit on the road. Driver will get in trouble, and you will get shattered or worse.
>>
>>922684
>one person is shitty
>hey guys im going to ruin it for ALL the cyclists!
you are the kind of shit person plaguing both sides of the argument
>>
>>922684
>I've never had an issue with a vehicle ever
You must not live in a big city.

Just walking to work every day I tend to have at least one near miss. I have to be ready to dodge at a few crosswalks.
>>
>>920617
Chicago?
>>
>>922722
Why do you think we act like such jerks when someone makes a mistake. Simple mistake or not it is freaking scary.

I mean I was door'd recently by an 8 year old girl. I don't feel the need to persecute an 8 year old girl. I was badly injured. I mean what do you do with those feelings?
>>
>>922758
>one person

Yeah just one person m80. Get fucked.

>>922767
Not a big city, but dense and disorganised. Boston. I see plenty of these faggots every day who obey the law when it suits them and their pretentiousness. There's also tons of videos literally everywhere online of cyclists fucking over everyone around them and getting wrecked as a result and blaming everyone but themselves. This is not an isolated occurance.

Also protip: just because it says "walk" at the crosswalk doesn't mean you should. If you're complaining about near misses at a crosswalk of all places, you're just throwing yourself out into the street because hurr the sign said I could.
>>
>>922891
Stay AWAY from cars. In every way. If you know it's possible, why chance it? Learn from your fucking mistakes. Just because it shouldn't have happened didn't mean it won't.
>>
>>922896
>just because it says "walk" at the crosswalk doesn't mean you should

"me and my car are literally more important than anything including traffic lights and also your life"
>>
>>922896
>just because it says "walk" at the crosswalk doesn't mean you should

And just because cagers can murder me in cold blood doesn't mean they should.
>>
File: ABANDONTHREAD.gif (2 MB, 630x353) Image search: [Google]
ABANDONTHREAD.gif
2 MB, 630x353
>>
>>922896
>just because it says "walk" at the crosswalk doesn't mean you should.
If they have a "walk" signal, then they have the right of way, because motorists will not have a green turn arrow to turn into that street. Vehicle users must yield to traffic (pedestrians and cyclists too) traveling parallel to the lane they were originally travelling in before turning across it, just like you must always yield to oncoming motor traffic in the lane parallel to you before.
>>
>>922934
>>922940
>>922959
>fuck that cager I'll just bike right out in front of his car going 60 and get fucking murdered that'll show em

This is what you sound like right now. You'd literally rather die or get severely injured, risk never being able to ride again to prove a point than just stay fucking safe from more or less unpredictable elements. You are why people think they're invincible and get fucked because "muh bike respect, muh right of way"

Accidents happen and if you haven't already been one, you will be.
>>
>>922988
dude it's not like I don't have situational awareness and I'm gonna walk/bike/skip/crawl directly in front of a car if I think they're not going to stop either in time or at all

I do however expect most people not to be just fucking blowing whatever lights they feel like whenever they feel like it and that doesn't seem like much to expect but apparently it is with fucktrucks like you
>>
>>922988
People like you shouldn't be allowed to control multi-ton death machines.
>>
>>922988
>tl;dr people trying to cross the street shouldnt do so when it is legal
you are literally encouraging jwalking.
>>
>>920335
I'd actually disagree and say "Gamer" is probably the worst form of identity politics.

hoip doip I play games and judge people who don't play my particular taste in the video game.

Also people do call themselves drivers and wear fancy gloves and meet up to jerk off on each other's cars.
>>
>>922897
I live in a city of 3 million. Its not like I can just get on the trail at the end of the subdivision.
>>
>>923236
is that supposed to be a lot or what? I've got 20 million in my metro area and I can get on trails no problem. of course I ride on roads too but it's not like trails are only for rural areas.
>>
>>922609
>not sticking a rag deep into his exhaust pipe and deflating his tyres
>not breaking his lights and scratching the hood, doors and roof
>not waiting for him later and also breaking his spine and raping his sister
>>
>>922649
>Why are cyclists such faggots?
I don't get it either. It's never a big deal for anyone other than the driver himself. How so?
>>
>>922988
Have you actually ever been outside the us? Try riding in an equally developed country somewhere around the globe and you'll realize that the huge majority of drivers actually look out for cyclists and doesn't fuck them over as much as they can. This phenomenon seems to occur because US drivers are idiots who think their right of way is tied to the weight of their vehicle.

Because people like you are preaching that bikes should avoid streets and cars alltogether. A bicycle is just as valid as a vehicle as anything else on the streets. Seems like you're stuck in auto era...
>>
File: FloridaFrog.png (662 KB, 685x463) Image search: [Google]
FloridaFrog.png
662 KB, 685x463
>>920434

>still living in frozen hellholes
>>
>>923006
You act like I'm the guy in the car about to clup you. I'm not, I ride my bike as much as I use my car and am aware of what its like from both perspectives. What I am saying is that when it comes to.your life, its better to be worse case scenario especially when this shit happens so fucking often. The percent chance that it might be you goes down significantly if you're not one of these cunts that thinks they're invincible because the light told them to go.

>>923077
You just sound like a faggot. Like the way you talk is akin to over zealous atheists and fucking vegans. Kill yourself.

>>923081
If it saves your life, yes. There are a lot of cities that don't give a fuck about it. Come to Boston sometime.

>>923300
See op's pic, or any video where the cyclist literally goes out of his way to school someone on the rules of the road that literally wouldn't have affected him unless they went out of their way to let it.

>>923317
It really is more of a US thing. Not going to disagree with you there. But knowing that a good degree of drivers have that mentality and can and very well may fuck your shit up, I advise to be more cautious instead of just blindly thinking everything will go your way because the rules say they will.
>>
>>923416
You sound like a retard. Try not to murder anyone while you drive around in your steel box.
>>
>>923416
> literally wouldn't have affected him unless they went out of their way to let it

so someone parks their car in the one (almost) guaranteed safe way of passage you have and this doesn't affect the cyclist at all? they have to go out of their way to let it affect them?

you for real?
>>
>>923416
>See op's pic, or any video where the cyclist literally goes out of his way to school someone on the rules of the road that literally wouldn't have affected him unless they went out of their way to let it.
How is parking a car on the bike lane not affecting the cyclist? I repeat again, why is it so it's never a big deal for anyone but the driver?
>>
>>920300
Git gud. I tend to smile whenever someone gets mowed down,doesn't matter if it's a cyclist or a retarded driver trying to replace his tire.
>>
>>923317
No, cyclists are just bastards. They're a menace to pedestrians, other road users, animals and more. I've been run down by cyclists who decide to break the law on multiple occasions, cycling on the pavement when the road is clear, disregarding traffic signals, not slowing down and crossing pedestrianised areas in large groups and so on. They've got complete disregard for the rules of the road and have a moral superiority complex worthy of Pol Pot. Every time I hear one of them has gone under a lorry, I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
>>923416
So basically what you're saying is "cars are dangerous and occasionally break the law/impede on cyclists, but there's nothing you can or should do about it except stay out of their way"
>>
>>926982
I can tell you're a cager because you sound like a whiny, entitled little bitch.
>>
>>927065
>cyclist calling others whiny entitled little bitches
THE IRONY
IT'S KILLING ME
>>
>>926982
Enjoy sitting impotently in traffic while I punch your mirror off or block you so my fellow cyclists can cross an intersection safely.
>>
>>927067
No, that's the exhaust from your shit box that's killing you.
>>
>>927077
REKT
>>
>>927079
BRAH
>>
File: 1250233597877.png (30 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
1250233597877.png
30 KB, 732x732
>>927077
>yfw I choose not to cage
>>
>>921044
>That frantic "Cyka Blyat" when the guy with the AK walks up.
>>
>>923360
WTF in one place You have usual winter but in south-east You had nuclear strike or something? 80+ ?
>>
>>921044
>>921233
What the fuck aren't guns illegal in Russia?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.