[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since owning a car is expensive in Scandinavia, this is what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: podride.jpg (152 KB, 720x879) Image search: [Google]
podride.jpg
152 KB, 720x879
Since owning a car is expensive in Scandinavia, this is what the Vikings are driving now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cSdXKVacPY
>>
So it's an electric assist velomobile with a canopy.

And it's tall as fugg. I feel that kind of defeats the purpose of velos being aero?
>>
Scandis don't ride bikes, they ride muslim dick
>>
>>919569
This one isn´t meant to be aero. It´s meant to be practical I think. 25 km/h max. 4 wheels for good grip in winter. Shielding against the elements. High enough to be seen by everyone.
>>
>>919573
25 is only the pedelelec boost, surely? You could easily pedal it faster than that.

But yeah, it looks kind of neat. Good turning circle. Some storage space.

Crosswinds, though?
>>
>>919574
maybe you could rig up a parasail and make use of those winds
>>
>>919569
>fred spotted

honestly I don't see this working in sweden. The population density is very low for the size of the country. It is hard to get around sweden without a car, unless you are in a metropolitan area.

but if you sold this somewhere else in europe...
>>
>>919577
I think that with the size of this thing it is a windsail itself. You'll definitely notice backwinds (but also headwinds).
I wouldn't worry to much about crosswinds unless it is really storming. The thing weights a ton compared to normal velomobiles.
>>
File: 800px-Sinclair_c5_side.jpg (202 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sinclair_c5_side.jpg
202 KB, 800x600
Nothing new, except ugliness
>>
>>919592
Except that it is new and much better.
>>
File: 800px-Sinclair_C5_sectioned.jpg (163 KB, 800x489) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sinclair_C5_sectioned.jpg
163 KB, 800x489
>>919593
>Much better
Speed like C5, power like C5, canopy (what can actually be a advantage as well as disadvantage - hope it's removable) but no floor, higher range claimed but no surprise considering the progress in battery technology, seemingly have gears on pedals. I don't say I don't like it, like I like C5, but it's 30 year difference - and I think I'll still choose C5 .
>>
>>919595
Uh also it is much heavier (60 vs 45 kilos) so pedalling gears are essential, but it not necessary balance the weight gain compared to Sinclair. Finally:"My assessment is that with large-scale production the price would be 2-3000€." Todays are much more ecofags compared to 80, sot this can actually be sold for that, but it will not be a mass market product.C5 was sold for 400 pounds and failed.
>>
>>919595
Why didn't he just go with bicycle wheels?
>>
>>919598
Dunno, maybe weight . Note the C5 was produced in series, this Swedish one is a prototype - production version, if appears, may also have purpose-built components in.
>>
>>919600
How do you adjust the crank distance? It seems fixed.
>>
File: 800px-Sinclair_C5_chassis.jpg (181 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sinclair_C5_chassis.jpg
181 KB, 800x533
>>919601
It is. And about the wheels - these baloon tyres seems to function as suspension.
BTW I don't own a C5. I just want it :-)
>>
>>919602
Then how the hell do you adjust pedal length per person? You're young to destroy your knees if you have to stretch your legs to far or if you can't stretch them at all. Please don't tell me there's no way to adjust the length.
>>
>>919603
There is not. But between many copmplains about C5, I've never heard a word about that. It is supposed to be an electric vehicle with pedal support, not an electric-assisted bicycle.
>>
File: BiodegradableBaggyFlyingfish.webm (330 KB, 528x230) Image search: [Google]
BiodegradableBaggyFlyingfish.webm
330 KB, 528x230
>>919606
>Design electric pedal bike
>Assumes everyone on earth is the same length
>Cannot adjust crank length
>Suprised it did not sell well
>>
>>919610
Again, it is not a bike. If I remember it well, advertising materials of C5 not even mention the pedals. It was marketed as "electric vehicle", exclusively and purely. Even if a fixed crank is a disadvantage, I don't think it can be blamed for C5 failure.
>>
>>919572
>>>/b/
>>
>>919612
>fuck my wife: the post
>>
File: 112506b1.jpg (115 KB, 620x704) Image search: [Google]
112506b1.jpg
115 KB, 620x704
>>
Why not just get a moped or 50cc scooter instead?
>>
>>919941
Pollution
Gas is expensive in Vikarssonland
>>
>>919630
Good thing that fairing is transparent so we can see if he's riding naked or not
>>
>>919598
>Why didn't he just go with bicycle wheels?
Warning: I don't know anything specific about the C5.
BMX riders have been having the "mags vs. spokes" debates since the 1980's at least. FRP mags are tough enough, but they are heavier and flex more than wire spoke wheels.

The C5 is *unique* in that the manufacturer mounted a rim brake on a plastic mag rim.... Some owners reported damage from aggressive front brake use.... :D (do u evn ride phaggit)

>>919602
>It is. And about the wheels - these baloon tyres seems to function as suspension.
The C2 front is a 12 1/2" wheel, and the only tires I've found in that size are 2" + inches wide. They all look fat.

>>919967
>Good thing that fairing is transparent so we can see if he's riding naked or not
they make them transparent so that you can mount a headlight anywhere behind the fairing and it will still work.
>>
>>919630
I-is that Daniel Dennett?
>>
File: from-the-front.jpg (159 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
from-the-front.jpg
159 KB, 1024x1024
>>920045
>>
>>919988
>FRP mags
>plastic mag rim

U wot m8
>>
File: 1047.1.jpg (77 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1047.1.jpg
77 KB, 700x525
my gf riding
>>
>>919567
We do?
That's the first I've heard of it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.