[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it look fine for 150$
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 00U0U_e1UXO1X85rv_600x450.jpg (68 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00U0U_e1UXO1X85rv_600x450.jpg
68 KB, 600x450
Does it look fine for 150$
>>
File: 01414_7U5rCZr0WE4_600x450.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
01414_7U5rCZr0WE4_600x450.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
Another look
>>
>>916333
if it fits and is serviceable by you, yes.
>>
File: 00e0e_eEY0fLJRJGP_600x450.jpg (80 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00e0e_eEY0fLJRJGP_600x450.jpg
80 KB, 600x450
I want to use it for shopping trips ( 2 miles from my house) and long trips for downtown at work (about 6 miles)
>>
>>916334
drivetrain foto would be nice tho
>>
File: 00y0y_lXA29JULRby_600x450.jpg (66 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00y0y_lXA29JULRby_600x450.jpg
66 KB, 600x450
>>916336
>serviceable

I can't figure out what is the brand and features of this bike.
>>
>>916338
>drivetrain

Here you go
>>916337
>>
>>916340
needs new chain, bearings checked & adjusted (headset, hubs, bottom bracket), wheels trued. you may need to flush gunk out of the shifters as well. good luck
>>
>>916341
Thank you.
What is wrong with chain?
How can I check all these stuff?
>>
It's a GT with RSX
>>
>>916333

I'd buy it right here and now for 150$
>>
>>916344
It's rusted to pieces. Probably means the rest is in pretty terrible condition too.

Calculate a new cassette (10€), new chain (10€), new derailleur pulley wheels (5€), new brake pads (5€) and new cabling and housing (20€) - at the least.
And that's assuming the wheels and rubbery bits around them are in servicable condition.

Since you're even asking these questions in this thread, I'm going to quite safely assume you won't be doing all this yourself, so expect to pay much more for the parts, and then some for the labour.

Second hand bikes are usualy pretty shitty deals when you factor in the near future service costs.
>>
>>916376
Which is why you should buy stolen bikes. Those are usually in good working condition, needing very little work.
>>
>>916376
>pully wheels
lmao i've rebuilt like 20 bikes and never once has this been necessary. I dont half ass it either.
>>
>>916376
You're plain old dumb. Dont listen to this man OP. You did gud.
>>
>>916404
And I've killed the bearings on new ones several times over. These days I only buy third party, sealed bearing puley wheels. Haven't had to replace one of those yet.

If you've never experienced crunchy pulley bearings, or that an simply be cleaned out, you are a lucky man. Or you have low standards.

>>916977
Master counter argument there, good sir!

Fact still stands though; unless you realy want _that_ particular frame, or what ever, used bikes usualy aren't very good value.
New bikes with modern kit are only an extra hundred or two, and much of that difference gets eaten up by servicing, fitting or upgrading the "find".
>>
>>916999
Any new bike that only costs an "extra hundred or two" is going to be a fucking piece of shit, do you not know how much things cost?

Also lol at "crunchy pulley bearings" 99.999% of the pulleys ever made didn't have bearings. They use very simple bushings because they dont contribute shit to drivetrain efficiency.

Based on your sob story about having to replace everything on some used bike you bought I'll guess you're a pretty gullible person, would you like to buy a bridge as well?
>>
>>916333
Seems fine, but i'd offer $100 and pay $120.

It's definitely kind of shitty but it would work for your purposes.

I could find something better if I looked for a month or two.
>>
>>916999
Still incredibly dumb. Salesmans wetdream you are.
>>
>>916999
My one bike I personally put like 4000km on now could maaaaybe use a swap, but I ride it in shit conditions too
>>
>>917078
Compared to what? Compared to a ten year old steel bike with quill stem and seven or eight speed drive train it's going to be the exact same thing.

>>917101
Poor salesmen. None of the bikes currently owned have come in a box as I build mine from scratch. German internet parts retailers wet dream, possibly.

I wouldn't mind buying a used bike if I had a good reason to, but 'zomg cheap' is not going to be it.
>>
>>917134
4000km is less than I do in a year. But yes, all weather here too.
>>
>>917168
I just have a lot of bikes
that mileage is approx 7 months or so
>>
>>916333
buy it
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.