[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bike newb here. Long story short, I would like to get a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: readImage.jpg (237 KB, 677x921) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
237 KB, 677x921
Bike newb here.

Long story short, I would like to get a new bike, because my current one works pretty hard.

How did I figured out my bike works pretty hard? Checking out my friends' bikes and saw a clear difference in performance.

The bike I'd like - a mountain bike that I'll mostly use in the city (there are a lot of holes in the pavement where I live, and I need suspensions for that). Also I'll most likely pedal through forest tracks in the park and near the city.

So /n/, I'd like to know what are the things that I need to check at a bike to make sure it's cool for me and its performance is the best I can get for the money.
>>
had you considered just avoiding the potholes?

Regardless, it's a slow board, so next time go to the buy bike general thread

In the meantime, post your local craigslist and tell me how tall you are and I'll pick something out for you
>>
>>916302

1) They are almost impossible to avoid. Not to mention the drivers are the best quality douchebags by parking their cars on our tracks most of the time (pic related)

2) Never found a bike general thread. Is it in /n/?

3) We don't have a craigslist where i am. I'm about 1.83m
>>
>>916304
looks like those cars are avoiding them

or are you saying they're parked? If so, you could easily slide by to their right

do you have an equivalent to craigslist?
>>
File: biciclete_2.jpg (195 KB, 792x526) Image search: [Google]
biciclete_2.jpg
195 KB, 792x526
>>916305

another pic related.

That's how I do it all the time, but this requires getting off the bike multiple times to avoid breaking the bike and my bike in the multiple potholes. this is why I'm looking for a MTB.

Our equivalents are:

http://olx.ro/

http://www.okazii.ro/
>>
>>916305

*...and my back"
>>
>>916305

And by parked I mean this
>>
>>916306
yeah can't make heads or tails of this site haha

You'll just have to lurk my friend

You want about a 20" frame mountain bike, look for brands like Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, etc

Shimano's higher end mountain bike component lines are XTR, XT / Deore XT, LX / Deore LX and Deore, in order of best to worst
so look for any of those
>>
>>916308
break a window player
>>
>>916304
>>916306
You don't need front suspension for that. Just get a steel mtn bike with 32 mm slicks.
>>
>>916297
Did your friends bike have a smoother tire? A Walmart BSO with slicks will feel faster than a crabbon with full suspension and knobbies
>>
>>916319

Nah, they had mountain bikes too (the ones with lots of edges on them, so they can grapple the ground better)
>>
>>916297
newv
>>
>>916308
>>916310
fuck it. drive by every parked car and break their windows.

break the small windows if they have any (on older cars) because those are more expensive to replace
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.