[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We've all heard about cycling causing ED (erectile dysfunction)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Cyclist.jpg (94 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
Cyclist.jpg
94 KB, 900x450
We've all heard about cycling causing ED (erectile dysfunction)

But I also read that cycling reduces testosterone levels, and increases oestrogen in men

Is this true? If so fuck cycling and I'm never touching a bike again in my life
>>
lmao, it's not true. Don't be such a fucking pansy m8y

Regular exercise boosts testosterone levels, being in the sun increases vitamin D levels which in turn boost testosterone levels. You'll only get ED if you have a piss poor bike setup

So maybe next time, stop being a little bitch???
>>
Both are false. Take your /o/ propaganda somewhere else.
>>
>>914445

Mate I'm a cyclist, it's a genuine question

I know that over-training reduces testosterone, that's a given. Does that mean if I just don't over-train then I'll be fine?

Honestly, from experience, I reckon cycling boosts my testosterone levels if I don't completely exhaust myself (e.g. shorter, faster rides). After doing that sort of cycling I feel better, stronger, more aggressive, etc., so I reckon that sort of riding is good for testosterone.

So I'm hoping it's only over-training that is bad for testosterone?
>>
File: Enlightenment.jpg (415 KB, 2056x1159) Image search: [Google]
Enlightenment.jpg
415 KB, 2056x1159
>>914443
Yes it is true.

Also, motorcycling increases testosterone.
>>
Getting hit by a vehicle is the #1 thing you should be worried about. I stopped road biking once smart phones became popular. MTB only now.
>>
>>914446
"over-training" is such a fucking meme
regular physical exertion (like cycling) is basically the single best thing you can do for yourself and will nearly invariably boost your testosterone production
the only time your testosterone production can actually be hindered by endurance training is if you're an elite athlete training 20+ hours a week to the point where your endocrine system can no longer recruit the resources it needs to function
even then, I suspect overtraining athletes still have better hormone levels than sedentary people but it would be foolish for me to claim that

if you're OP then you're a fucking idiot, you read somewhere that cycling reduces testosterone levels with no scientific or factual basis whatsoever (and then refined your claim to be a generalized fact taken grossly out of context) and that's suddenly enough for you to conclude cycling must be the big bad plague?

fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>914443

Actually, It elevates Testosterone levels, then, as is normal, the Test aromatises to Estrogen. So, it is common and normal for cyclists to have elevated test and estrogen levels when compared to a sedentary test group.
>>
>>914450

Oops, I was wrong on this post, disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
>>914446
>I feel better, stronger, more aggressive, etc.,

fuck off back to fit aggrofaggo and take your piss poor 'tude witcha
>>
>>914450
this photo looks gross af
>>
File: 1371509329831.gif (1020 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1371509329831.gif
1020 KB, 400x229
>>914450
>selective saturation
>>
>>914444
quad quads checked for great truth!
>>
>>914443
>oh look it's BAIT how original and edgy!
>>
>>914443

I have significantly weaker erections after 50 mile rides. It lasts about 24 hours

Also, with daily rides of 10 miles (to and from work), I experience generally weaker erections.

I've used cut-out saddles of multiple brands. Specialized Alias, Sella Anatomica (soft leather). Neither cures the problem

It's different for everyone, but I'm certain it affects me. Because of this I don't commute to work
>>
>>915069
I commute 14km to and then from work semi-regularly (whenever I can) on a shitty old saddle from a walmart bike I've had since I was a kid and if anything my erections have been way better than they used to be

what's your saddle angle like?
>>
>>915071

saddle angle is flat, maybe angled back a few degrees

road bike with an aggressive drop to the bars
>>
>>915100

>saddle angled back
>massive saddle-to-bars drop

I wonder what could be wrong with that
>>
>>914446

Unless you're a professional cyclist or a NEET with no friends, you literally don't have enough hours available in your day to overtrain on a bicycle. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>914443
Stop being a little bitch nigger, you're not going to ride enough for it to stop your dick working and if you are then you're a failure for valuing your dick over glory
>>
While on the subject, what can I do to (naturally) increase my testosterone levels? Besides riding, that is.
>>
>>916633
Do intense exercise a few times a week, sleep enough, have a good and varied diet, don't drink or take drugs (much)

Apart from that there's really nothing you can do "naturally" that makes a worthwhile difference
>>
>>916634

Well shit

Any specific foods I should be eating more of? I hardly eat any red meat, would that affect me?

I also drink and smoke quite a bit, and sleep like ass. Looks like I'm doomed.
>>
>>914443
It's true that's why men who ride bikes are faggots.
>>
>>916634
tfw my true love of cycling conflicts with my true love of drinking
>>
>mfw it's true

I got back from a 52km bike ride last Sunday, had a wank and my dick was floppy as fuck and barely worked, managed to cum but it was shit.

The next 3 days it was the same, then it went back to normal.

That being said my saddle is shit and I'm still trying to get the right position, my perineum or w/e was fucking killing from the ride.
>>
>>916635
Drinking smoking and shit sleep are all boner killers.
>>
File: tbw.jpg (83 KB, 822x760) Image search: [Google]
tbw.jpg
83 KB, 822x760
>>916640

Figures.
>>
>>916645
I can't offer any advice m8, I used to smoke, I sleep shit, I have anxiety issues AND I'm taking beta blockers which make your boners shit.

Exercise has made a difference but not perfect.
>>
>>916647

Yeah, thanks. I'll lay off the booze for a while, and maybe stop eating so late so I get better sleep, see what happens.
>>
>>914443
i fucking wish it would kill off my sexual desire because I'd rather focus on more interesting things than pussy
>>
>>914443
>>
>>914443
it's true I switched from riding a regular bike into a recumbent and my ED has disappeared.
>>
>2016
>not riding a recumbent trike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1j4kX9ST8
>>
why do you think the dutch are so gay?
>>
>>921795
you are triggering my micro-agressions senpai
I will go now and eat gluten free muesli and energized yoghurt
>>
>>914443
>>921766
>>921781
>look mom, I meme'd it again!!
>le reCUMbent meme xDDD

Well hi again, recumfag. Since you haven't dropped your homosexual ways and your phallic obsession it's quite easy to spot you.
>>
>>915118
>you literally don't have enough hours available in your day to overtrain on a bicycle

Bullshit, you don't have to ride for 5 hours to overtrain. Doing hour worth of intervals can do the job quite easily if you don't take adequate rest or your diet is shit. Not to mention non cycling stressors. Add all these things together and over time you'll drive your cortisol levels through the roof, lose muscle mass, get sleeping problems and mood swings, loss of libido, etc.
>>
The /n/ velomobile meeting was quite nice
Can't make another thread because I have 5 active.
So I post it here.
>>
>>914450
>squidmobile.jpg
>>914459
>I stopped road biking once smart phones became popular
please explain the correlation
>>
File: 1434966053233.png (495 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1434966053233.png
495 KB, 800x602
>>914443
>Working out reduces testosterone levels

Hahah what?
>>
>>914444
Check em
>>
>>921825
not him but distracted drivers are dangerous obv
>>
>>914443
yes op

riding a bike enough will literally transition you in to a woman

fucking idiot
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.