[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you have a cargo bike /n/? Chicks dig guys with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: FB_IMG_1452538111799.jpg (39 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452538111799.jpg
39 KB, 640x960
Why don't you have a cargo bike /n/?

Chicks dig guys with cargo bikes.
>>
Because I have a car. If I can't strap it to my bike or backpack then I take my car. inb4 cager scum. Try carrying home 2x4's and sheets of plywood on a cargo bike.
>>
>>913371
>Chicks dig guys with cargo bikes.
For the benefit of the other readers of /n/ who may have difficulty understanding OP's meaning, allow me to translate;
>I got a cargo bike and I was riding it and some random girl on the street that I don't know smiled at me (reason: unknown) to which I mumbed "Y-y-y-you t-t-too" and just kept pedaling, so now in my own mind I think girls like guys on cargo bikes. For some reason. I dunno. Stop j-j-j-judging me! (retreats into his room and slams the door)

>>913376
I've heard of people using nothing but cargo bike(s) to move the entirety of their belongings, including furniture, from one house/apartment to another, so it's not completely outrageous to think you could move sheets of plywood and other lumber -- but like most fixie riders, you can forget about any sort of hill; this trick only works if it's completely flat between point 'A' and 'B'.

Most sane people own a car/truck in addition to bike(s) and use them as appropriate. The so-called 'anti-cagers' of /n/ are either meme-repeaters or NEETs who can't afford a car and are too ashamed to admit it. It's only the rare exception that actually doesn't have a car because they legitimately don't want a car, and in those cases it's usually because they live in some huge urban center like NYC where only the super-rich can afford all the expenses of a car anyway.
>>
>>913371
They're fucking expensive
>>
>>913381
There are a bunch of people here who live in dense urban areas, I don't know why cagers think cities only exist in bad Joseph Gordon Leddit films. Considering people from NYC, SF, London, Sydney, HK, and similar places have a lot of reasons to be interested in trains and bikes, what I find odd is that cagers from Denver or West Babyjesusvillle Alabama have any interest in this board whatsoever. They should just stay in /o/where they can argue about the latest "hemi" in their coal roller
>>
>>913381
>It's only the rare exception that actually doesn't have a car because they legitimately don't want a car, and in those cases it's usually because they live in some huge urban center like NYC where only the super-rich can afford all the expenses of a car anyway.
for the vast majority of people in urban areas, owning a car isn't too expensive, but rather simply impractical. you most likely won't be able to park your car where you live, and you most likely won't be able to park your car where you're going. thus, to get anywhere, you have to walk 5 min from your apartment to your shitbox, for which you pay $2,000 a year to park it so you can drive 100 miles, then you have to sit in traffic averaging 5 minutes per mile traveled and pay another $50 to park it 5 minutes away. or you could take your bike down the elevator, ride to where you want to go, and lock it up at your location. you need to stop thinking of a car as a necessity you redneck. not everyone lives in bumfuck, ND where the grocery store is a 30 minute drive from your house. you're literally on a transportation board, you should know this. retards like you who think "I can't get anywhere unless I'm in a 2 ton metal box with climate control and an entertainment system" are the reason public transportation within the united states is shit and automobile fatalities vastly exceed those of any other similarly developed nation
>>
>>913403
What this guy said.

I'm about to head home from work, when I get there I'm going to ride though several blocks of cagers slowly circling the block, desperately hoping for a parking space, not looking where they're going, almost hitting pedestrians and cyclists and occasionally getting into arguments over who spotted the space first. Because the nearest garage is a 15 minute walk from where most of the residential buildings are, and no one wants to pay $500 a month (a bargain around here) to add 30 minutes of walking every day (even though it would probably be faster than their stupid block circling routine)

The ones in cages are mostly first generation immigrants for whom cage ownership (usually a late model minivan or SUV) is a mandatory status symbol in their community. It's completely illogical, but they put up with all that trouble and expense to show they've "made it". The white people meanwhile are getting off the train and walking straight home, except the ones like me who insist on commuting by bike even though it's freezing outside.
>>
Normal people sure want different sized wheels
>>
>>913381

>pulling up to a qt grill waiting for the bus and offering a ride on the front of your shiny new bullitt
>>
>>913405
>The ones in cages are mostly first generation immigrants for whom cage ownership (usually a late model minivan or SUV) is a mandatory status symbol in their community. It's completely illogical, but they put up with all that trouble and expense to show they've "made it".

My dad escaped from the Soviet Union to the USA in the late early 60s; a bunch of his family members moved over in 1989/1990 after the USSR collapsed.

We had a grand total of three cars when I was growing up - a teeny Plymouth Horizon, traded it for a minivan when his sister and her family moved in with us for two years, and a different used minivan when the first one died after a decade. My mom traded it in for a Prius after I left for college - the first new car she'd ever bought. (We're not poor, btw - actually very well off)

Meanwhile, my dad's newly-immigrated family members all spent their first 20 years in the USA buying a new car every 2-3 yard like clockwork, even though they were often living paycheck to paycheck - only slowing down when te recession hit in 2008. Completely nuts, but always having a new car is THE status symbol for them.
>>
>>913371
for a moment, I saw bullshit in the red letters.
>>
>>913371
because I own a truck.
>>
File: 1122151603.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1122151603.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
It's 2016 and you haven't built your own cargo bike?
>>
I don't have anything worth hauling.
>>
File: 1122151603a.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1122151603a.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
"They're expensive, frames are hard" then build a shitty trailer.
>>
>>913403
>Fairymobile faggots trying to tell other people how to live their lives
Dawg, riding a bicycle isn't some huge lifestyle like you make it out to be. It's a toy used by children, alcoholics, and other undesirables because they either cannot be trusted to safely operate a motor vehicle, or they cannot see the utility and benefit of an efficient, fast, and functional form of transportation.

Which one are you?
>>
The new Shimano STePs based eBullitt is kinda sexy though...
>>
File: 1030565.jpg (59 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1030565.jpg
59 KB, 600x399
>>913930
>efficient
>fast
Yeah no
If I wanted to be fast I'd ride. Oh wait, I do. You can rage at me from inside your glass box if you'd like.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.