[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /n/ Who has mecanical knowledge Why can't I fit a coaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: tras-teny-trispoke-negro-3.jpg (52 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
tras-teny-trispoke-negro-3.jpg
52 KB, 800x533
Hey /n/ Who has mecanical knowledge

Why can't I fit a coaster brake hub in this wheel? Or in any other magnesium wheel?

I want a wheel without spokes because on every bike I had they keep breaking, but my frame will only allow for coaster
>>
>>912415
You can't because there's no space. Also, spokes on well-built wheel don't break (for thousands of miles).

What rims/spokes did you have? Where did they break?
>>
You suck. Obviously, we shouldn't use damn wheels because the original method of transportation was horse, and people intended that it was used in the future.
>>
>>912422
thanks, i see. coaster brakes have a larger diameter than a standard hub.

I had regular spokes and rims for a road bike, nothing special, the problem might be that they are not adjusted well, I've been to two different bike repair shops, but after both have adjusted them on two separate bikes they keep breaking,. At the moment I have two broken spokes.

I'm not fat, weigh about 70 kg, not super strong either. I might start adjusting the spokes myself, try to find an instruction video
>>
>>912425
You could try doing it yourself. It's not super difficult. Maybe get a tensiometer to check whether you got the right tension.

Even budget wheels shouldn't have breaking spke issues. My guess is you were just unlucky. If you have ridden your bike with the wrong spoke tension, all spokes will wear much faster. After the first spoke breaks the tension in the wheel shifts instantly, putting more stress on other spokes, leading to damages to other spokes and then a series of broken spokes, even after the tension has been adjusted.

Either find somebody who really knows what he does and have him rebuild the wheel with new spokes or get a new wheelset. This time make sure it is well built.
>>
File: trolled.jpg (31 KB, 599x314) Image search: [Google]
trolled.jpg
31 KB, 599x314
Since run-of-the-mill wheels can take quite a bit of abuse, either you don't know how to take curbs or you are overweight. Or pic related. 1/10 for making me answer.
>>
>>912415
>I want a wheel without spokes because on every bike I had they keep breaking, but my frame will only allow for coaster
You need a hand-built wheel.
Machine-built wheels are used on cheap bikes. The components are really flimsy and the wheel comes straight but often the spokes aren't evenly tensioned, which leads to broken spokes.

Go to a local bike shop with your old rear wheel, and tell them your cheapo wheel keeps breaking spokes and so you want them to hand-build you a new rear wheel.
Tell them you want a Shimano coaster-brake hub, an Alex or Weinmann (aluminum) rim about the same width as whatever one you have now, and they can use whatever plain spokes they normally use. DO NOT re-use any of these old parts.
You might need a new rear sprocket also but they will be able to figure that bit out.

You might think this won't matter much, but it does. A hand-built wheel made from low-end-but-retail-grade parts will be WAY more reliable than the shit wheels that cheap bikes come with.
>>
File: awful.jpg (101 KB, 336x500) Image search: [Google]
awful.jpg
101 KB, 336x500
>>912452
Or he just wants to justify using that shitty trispoke instead of a proper wheelset OR his previous wheels where that shitty.

>>912415
Where are you from anon? Maybe you just need someone that can properly built you a wheel.
>>
>>912456
Seriously this

All the bikes that are sold in the Netherlands (even the
A-brand ones" are sold with such shitty wheels that they are GUARANTEED to break spokes within 3 years,although <1 year is more likely

And these are comfy slow clunkers im talking about,like 16 kph max shit
>>
>>912415
>on every bike I had they keep breaking
I used to have that problem too. Then I stopped being a fatass and the problem went away.
>>
>>912415
>> Your frame only takes coaster...
Put a fixed hub on it and go with that.
>>
>>912415
>Tri(aero)spoke is cancer
>Shimano coaster brake hub is cancer
>Wanting to add cancer to cancer

Just get a a nice 36x3 renak,F&S or even a goddamn velamos/favorit/velosteel hub you dum b /n/poster
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.