[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How risky is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
How risky is this?
>>
dat lens reflection and perfect hair tho
>>
>>912314

not risky at all if you look at the reflection in his glasses....

or did i just fall for old b8?
>>
>>912314
>How risky is this?
Very. If you don't have your computer plugged into a properly grounded outlet while using Photoshop, you could cause damage to your computer, start a fire, or even electrocute yourself.
>>
>>912314
I have a better question.
Why are spic pilots worst pilots?
>>
>>912371
A couple reasons, some economic, some cultural..
First, eastern people do not grow up operating machinery like we do in the western world. Most sixteen year old kids in the west are driving cars, using computers, and those who would naturally be attracted to aviation are likely out riding motorcycles and wrenching on their bicycles. This lays a good foundation for how to handle an airplane. Teens in eastern countries may have this sort of experience, but are less likely to. They might have worked a plow, but they have never been on a road trip.

Second, eastern pilots are trained ab initio, while many western pilots support themselves through flight school. This creates different levels of appreciation for the monumental task of getting airplanes up and flying. The American knows exactly how many maintenance hours, inspections, and checks keep airplanes flying. They also know the price of fuel, and what hard landings do to tire life. Eastern pilots, from day one, show up to a row of airplanes. If the first one is down, you don't spend time appreciating the issue... You simply hop in the next trainer. This creates a culture of disregard for aeronautical logistics among the Easterner.

Third, western social structure is such that if you see something, you speak up! As a first officer, if your captain is getting slow on approach, you say "add power!" without hesitation. In eastern cultures it is often considered taboo to correct your superior. The eastern FO will wait longer to see if the captain will catch the mistake on his own.

In short, America, by virtue of its rebel history, and the richness of life experience of its young people, produces the best pilots.
>>
>>912371
Also, don't get me started on middle eastern thinking, and it's effect on their aviation culture. When things go wrong, it's often "the will of Allah" so why do an accident investigation?
>>
>>912432
spic aren't eastern
>>
>>912435
My bad. Mexican's are just poor as shit, their equipment sucks, and they have lousy aviation infrastructure. Most of what I said about eastern economics applies. Also, Mexicans in general are just less intelligent. Fuck non American pilots.
>>
File: Needs a Flush.jpg (54 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Needs a Flush.jpg
54 KB, 480x640
>>912437
ur mom is a fuck
>>
File: chrysler_ballerina.jpg (27 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
chrysler_ballerina.jpg
27 KB, 500x488
>>912314
>How risky is this?
Not as risky as this
>>
>>912437
i agree. we need to build a sky wall to keep these beaners out
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 259x224
>>912437
Love both of them
>>
>>912314

according to his necktie shape, the plane is flying at 1.3 mph windspeed.
>>
>>912432
Spent a couple years training Chinese pilots and this is spot on.
Not spics though.
>>
>>914278
Nobody told OP that you can't open those canopy windows, either
>>
This is fake! Please tell me you guys don't think this is real?
>>
>>914278
I guess that explanes (sic) why the engines aren't running. He must be gliding.
>>
>>912314
risky? Its fucking imposible in many ways!!!
...Look closely the reflection in his sunglasses...
>>
File: 135819892380.gif (2 MB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
135819892380.gif
2 MB, 275x206
Holy shit, he could've just been blown away lmao... SUCH a daredevil

>MFW
>>
>>914358
Read the thread dummy
>>
>>912314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1RJTHf5fk
>here in my hangar
>I just bought this new sky laeborngenni
>>
File: What you did there I see it.jpg (60 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
What you did there I see it.jpg
60 KB, 720x720
>>912314
I see pixels !
>>
>>914409
This thread is the epitome of terrible facebook comments, just let it ride
>>
File: 1452824277884.jpg (14 KB, 449x325) Image search: [Google]
1452824277884.jpg
14 KB, 449x325
>>912314
only if HIV positive breh
>>
File: planefast.png (2 MB, 1204x1202) Image search: [Google]
planefast.png
2 MB, 1204x1202
>>
>>912437
>Also, Mexicans in general are just less intelligent.

[citation needed]
>>
>>915485
https://iq-research.org/en/page/average-iq-by-country/mx-mexico
>>
>>912432
>implying that if i actually correct my captain i would still have a job
You have to be careful who you mess with in this airlines
>>
>>916168
>because this test created by white people says so
>>
>>917960
>Anything which shows differences between ethnic groups must be the result of prejudiced white people
Please desist from your racist ideology.
>>
>>912434
You think. Iranian pilots are the best I've seen in my life. They've landed faulty A300s and Tu-154s far too many times that they've become very good and just flying planes
>>
>>918526
>faulty A300
Impossible
>>
>>918608
>Airbus
Faulty out of the factory.
>>
>>916168
>>918335
IQ tests were invented by a white supremacist to demonstrate the superiority of the white race by testing for what was common knowledge among Western cultural mores. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>918897
>No source
Reads like a joke to me
>>
File: Lewis_Madison_Terman.jpg (13 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
Lewis_Madison_Terman.jpg
13 KB, 240x300
>>919086
This is common knowledge for literally anyone who was so much as occupied a room with a history book before.

Pic related, it's Lewis Terman who collaborate on a test that's specific purpose was to arbitrarily pick immigrants for deportation or sterilization.

>When Binet’s tests crossed the English Channel and the Atlantic, however, and were taken up by leading British and American psychologists who embraced social Darwinism, their results were immediately given a hereditarian interpretation that claimed that the characteristic they measured was something given at birth and fundamentally unalterable. The Stanford psychologist Lewis Terman refined the items on Binet’s tests (giving birth to the standard Stanford-Binet test), invented the term “Intelligence Quotient” (IQ) to refer to the ratio of mental age to chronological age, established a measurement scale with 100 representing average performance, claimed that IQs were not just a useful diagnostic tool for schoolchildren but a measure of general intellectual ability for adults, and relentlessly promoted a hereditarian view of intelligence, even though his own data revealed only a weak correlation between social status and IQ.

>even though his own data revealed only a weak correlation between social status and IQ.
>even though his own data revealed only a weak correlation between social status and IQ.

Repeated in triplicate because I'm not very confident in your level of intelligence.
>>
>>912314

Oakley Holbrooks

One of my favorite frames.
He should really shell out for the polarized lenses though.
>>
File: 1354786494786.jpg (38 KB, 468x334) Image search: [Google]
1354786494786.jpg
38 KB, 468x334
>>919115
Interesting/10. Thanks.
>>
>>919115
'even though' implies there has to be a strong correlation between IQ and social status for the hereditary theory to be correct. Textbook example of begging the question.

You'd have seen the flaw in your own argument if only your IQ wasn't double digits.
>>
>>919275
You are correct, and more recent research has repeatedly shown that around 50% of the variance in intelligence is due to genetic factors. Which is to say that intelligence is heritable.

However heritability of intelligence has a long history of being misused. People are grouped (often fairly arbitrarily) into races. When some races are seen to be generally of lower socio-economic status, it's assumed that's due to inherited low intelligence. This is a great deal of assumptions which we have good reason to think are false. For instance poor career outcomes can be blamed on culture, societal expectations, and poor education, rather than innately low intelligence.

It makes us comfortable to think that successful people deserve to be successful and poor people deserve to be poor. A core principle of truth seeking through science is to not allow ourselves to be fooled by ourselves. We have to be especially sceptical.
>>
>>918897

Guess what knowledge you need to have success in the current world?

>lol white ppl are so stupid they can't track animal footprints 20 miles into the rainforest so dumb! Must have low IQ
>>
>>919278
>When some races are seen to be generally of lower socio-economic status, it's assumed that's due to inherited low intelligence.
[By whom?][Citation needed.]
>It makes us comfortable to think that successful people deserve to be successful and poor people deserve to be poor.
Not only does it just make us comfortable, it's a hardwired routine in our wetware. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis
That's where the asking-for-it retardedness comes from. It means you have to be ware this mechanism, nothing else.

It could be argued that this often groundless assertion there are no races or relative race IQ differences is it itself an example of this mechanism; this would be unfair, and the world can not be unfair.
>>
>>919287
>groundless assertion there are no races or relative race IQ differences
The argument there are no races always seems weird to me. But it's certainly true that what is considered a race has changed quite substantially over time. A hundred years ago, Irish, English, Welsh and French people were considered different races, with distinct racial characteristics. Today they're generally regarded as all being the same race.

The idea that all people with dark skin make up a meaningfully distinct general genetic grouping from all people with light skin has little basis in reality. Populations have split, interbred, and changed over time. That someone expresses the genes for darker skin says little about what other genes they'll have. There's a huge amount of genetic diversity within a racial grouping.
>>
>>919294
>A hundred years ago, Irish, English, Welsh and French people were considered different races, with distinct racial characteristics.
A few hundred years ago they pretty much were.
First of all because people mostly lived and died in one spot with little interbreeding. Indeed, _inbreeding_ was a real problem in remote regions.
Second because there were no black people around. Or arabs, or even medeteranians. It's all relative so when you add new elements, drastically dwarfing previous group markers, the little differences between north-west europeans previously picked up on suddenly seem very small.

>Populations have split, interbred, and changed over time.
That is the very definition of race. When there are clear genetic boundries and/or little interbreeding we call them sub species and get all scientific.

Race is by definition an informal, relative concept.

>That someone expresses the genes for darker skin says little about what other genes they'll have.
Race is not all about skin colour, you know... That said, this is getting more /pol than /n, and I never much cared for /pol.
>>
>>919115
Greentext is not a source.
>>
>>912314
Adobe will really get after him if his Photoshop is not licensed
>>
>>917867
You're a moron
>>
I prefer flying with white people.

In my experience, brown people bend airplanes, have bad ADM, suck at CRM, they don't remain level headed under less than ideal circumstances, and aren't as professional.
>>
>>912314
Using Photoshop isn't risky at all
>>
>>921100
>not wanting to keep his job
>does not know how touchy captains are
Nice comeback princess
>>
>>912314
Don't know how dangerous it is, but I sure can see the gangway in his glasses.
>>
>>921914
If you think you're going to lose your job for telling a captain to TOGA, you don't fly professionally. if you do, your outfit is piss poor, and you are at a dangerous airline.
>>
File: russia.jpg (92 KB, 796x551) Image search: [Google]
russia.jpg
92 KB, 796x551
>when your navigator couldn't handle any more Pugatchevs.
>>
File: russia1.jpg (96 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
russia1.jpg
96 KB, 600x450
>>923021
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.