[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cycling muscles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg (54 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg
54 KB, 630x630
So, winter is here and I'm not going to bike again till the spring and I've been doing a lot of working out in my room.

What are some muscles you might want to work a lot that will improve cycling?

I've been doing a lot of squats, but I'm not sure if I should follow the guide where it says to explode up (development of fast-twitch muscles) or if I should do it really controlled and slow.
>>
>>909617
>I'm not going to bike again till the spring
But then how are you going to go to work ? Public transport ?
>>
>>909618
Cycling is strictly fitness/recreation for me.
>>
ABU
>>
>>909622
Automatic Building Unit?
>>
>>909625

ABU, ABU!
>>
>>909625
autistic butthurt unit
>>
>>909617
You can't, easiest is to time out HIIT training on a stopwatch as you cycle. Oh yeah and one more thing, pray you've got good genetics.
>>
>>909617
don't worry too much about lifting desu, maybe do some weighted step ups or side lunges, but most of it will come from massive suffering for hours and hours on the bike.
>>
>>909620
>Cycling is strictly fitness/recreation for me.
Huh, then why are you asking this question here ? I recommend this board called ''/fit/'' which stands for fitness. :)

And you still haven't answered my original question yet, how do you get to work or where-ever you need to be ? :)
>>
>>909650
Fit is full of fuckers like you
>>
>>909617
>winter is here

Hardly, it's fucking warm m8
>>
>>909673
Tru. I just stopped at some arbitrary point to get into the musculars.
>>
>>909650
Do people on /fit/ do ANY cardio whatsoever? I swear the muh gains types don't do anything but muscle related stuff.
>>
CARDIO KILLS YOUR GAINS
>>
>>909683
lel
>>
>>909617
>What are some muscles you might want to work a lot that will improve cycling?
'Working your muscles' alone isn't going to make you a better cyclist. You need to ride. Man the fuck up and go outside and ride all winter, otherwise when the weather is nice and you finally get back on your bike, you'll find that you have NO endurance at all, and your crotch will hurt like a motherfucker because you're not used to it anymore. Only filthy casuals ride only when it's nice out, real cyclists ride all year 'round regardless of whether it's 'nice' out or not. The only pass you get on this is when the weather is so bad that it's literally dangerous to be out riding a bike, or when you're sick and the sickness is below the neck.

>>909675
Unless you're training to race, you really don't need to build muscle to ride a bike, just ride more and climb hills all the time. If you want to be hardcore about it then do hill repeats. Otherwise 'just ride'.

>>909683
>CARDIO KILLS MY FAT ASS AND I'M TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY TO HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO DO ANY REAL CARDIO
fixed that for you, /fit/.
>>
>>909717
I'm building muscles regardless of cycling. I just wanted to know if I should do extra squats or arms for mtn biking. A little cross-training (if that's what that is)
>>
>>909727
Do kegel exercises
>>
>>909729
lol
>>
Core strength. Having hench quads and no core strength is like having a massive gun without a tripod.
Press ups, crunches, sit ups, planking, back bridges and all of the above with a Swiss ball... As well as all the aforementioned leg stuff too.
>>
>>909676
Nah m8, cardio kills gains don't you know?

Realistically cardio is necessary for cutting down fat, you just have to be careful or you will lose definition. It's a fine line that got exploited into a big board joke.

All I do is bike and push-ups. I used to do dumbells but I stopped.
>>
>>910097
I honestly want to shed mass this summer for lean muscle. Fucking winter fat sucks
>>
>>910097
>All I do is bike and push-ups. I used to do dumbells but I stopped.
I've been doing all kinds of different things with weights and elastics. My bones aren't used to it enough to do proper calisthenics.
>>
Squats, deadlifts, hack squats, lunges, calf raises, Romanian deadlifts. You will build all the muscles used pedalling.
Then ride the fuck out of a stationary until spring if you don't want to ride outside.
>>
>>909727
>I'm building muscles regardless of cycling.
If you're just riding for fun and not planning on racing then do whatever you want, it won't matter.
>>
>>910443
I'm riding and doing musculars for fitness and fun.
>>
File: 1377048343148.gif (760 KB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
1377048343148.gif
760 KB, 2544x1850
>>910501
then just do a full body routine, there's no pint in isolating muscles and creating imbalances, do SS, SL or some shit like that in addition to cycling. You will have some muscle and a good cardiovascular system
>>
>>910504
I'll just keep playing with my weights then.
>>
>>910182
I don't really know anything about bodybuilding, I'm a computer type. I just do what seems to make sense. I'm also a beanpole so it doesn't really matter what I do fat-wise.
>>
>>910515
I used to be a stringbean too
>>
>>910087
Back is more important than core for power transfer.
>>
Keep your glutes active
>>
>>910549
Did 100 squats today :)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.