[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone ride with a camera recording their ride? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: p4pb4968725.jpg (232 KB, 800x638) Image search: [Google]
p4pb4968725.jpg
232 KB, 800x638
Does anyone ride with a camera recording their ride?

Why?
>>
No.
Because that would produce 2h of footage a day I'd never look at. It would be like recording my office job.
In 25 years of riding bicycles in traffic, I've never been in a situation where I thought "damn, I wish I had that on video as evidence".
Besides, it wouldn't be admissible in court where I live.
Besides, I don't wear a helmet I could mount it on.
>>
File: sorecunt_032jr.jpg (84 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
sorecunt_032jr.jpg
84 KB, 640x512
>>906536
I can see if they are racing or taking a wild MTB ride, but just normally have a camera going all the time? It's usually somebody like pic related
>>
>>906536
If cameras came down to be the size of a small taillight and cost the same, I'd ride with them because why not. I'm always in heavy traffic and you never know what some idiot cager will try.

Since they're still large and clunky and front/rear cameras would cost at least half a grand, I'll do without
>>
>>906547
They make a rear tail light with camera built in. Been out for a year or two already.
>>
>>906547
Cameras cost as little as $50 each.
>>
File: download.png (129 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
download.png
129 KB, 600x455
>>906547
>>906548
https://cycliq.com/product

He's not wrong, though... they are pricey.
>>
>>906548
I'm aware that products that don't meet my preferences exist. Get back to me when they make a stand alone camera the size of a hotshot for $50 that has the capabilities of a gopro

We're a few years out from that still
>>
File: autisim.jpg (75 KB, 470x747) Image search: [Google]
autisim.jpg
75 KB, 470x747
Every big Holiday, I like to ride around and capture all the decorations. Then, when I get home, I find some song to set it to and make myself a little video of the festivities.
>>
Yes
It's my black box.
>>
I have a dashcam but I dont ride with a camera.. I sometimes wish I did.
>>
File: corner no audio.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
corner no audio.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>Re-live the pleasure of an unusual ride
>Learn course features in lieu of unfeasible amounts of practice

>>906537
>Video taken in a public place is inadmissible in a court of law
I highly doubt that that is the case.

>Besides, I don't wear a helmet I could mount it on.
Chesty is besty
>>
>>906563
Kek
This.
>>
bought one
used it twice
couldn't be bothered
it's in a drawer somewhere
>>
>>906611
>My bike rides never generate any excitement
F
>>
I have a Gopro on my helmet all the time. I generally just delete the boring rides or create montages on the interesting shots.
In the odd case a car does hit me I have evidence.
I try not to be in a situation in which I'm in danger of getting hit even if I have the right of way. It's not worth the time to get hit by a car just to prove I'm in the right.
>>
>>906692
Nope. I almost hit into an old-lady jay-walking once. That's the closest I've come to any trouble besides cars nearly pulling out in front of me.
>>
>>906674
nah, my rides are amaxing. but i'd rather just live in the moment and enjoy the ride at the time, rather than sitting in front of a monitor watching a previous ride.

the only reason i'd use a camera is for black box reasons. and i mostly ride at night when the roads are empty so i rarely experience any problems with motorists.
maybe when i get a new lighter helmet that sits firmly on my head and doesn't woble around under the weight of a camera i might start using it again. but it's just a hassle to keep charging it and carrying the extra grams. plus if a car kills me then knowing who did that after i'm dead is of no use to me because i'll be dead.
>>
>>906558
>>906558
yo. open up a youtube channel. I'd listen to your autistic rambles about sweet nothings
>>
File: 1447096044676.jpg (16 KB, 379x379) Image search: [Google]
1447096044676.jpg
16 KB, 379x379
>>906734
already subbed and followed for a while now, senpai. we need more consistantly cozy stuff like this on youtube hmmm
>>
>>906735 (youuuu)
wtf. f a m = s e n p a i

dem wordfilters lmao
>>
>>906710
Funny, I hadn't noticed the word cagers for such a long time. Till today.
>>
>>906686
>>906696
Probably you ride in empty suburbs or something, where I live cars cutting you off and pulling out at random and taxis stopping with doors flying open in the middle of the street is something you see on every block. Traffic laws are more of a suggestion than a rule. If you don't want to be "in danger of getting hit" the only option is not to ride. But I can definitely see the appeal of cameras because when the inevitable happens, because a cager did something technically illegal that he does all the time and normally gets away with, it's nice to have that solid evidence in the event that the crash wasn't caught on a random security camera (which is also fairly likely here).
>>
>>906733
https://www.youtube.com/user/stanleyrr
this guy used to be pretty good
rip stanley
>>
>>906593

follow the road rules faggot

also red and white is worst color scheme
>>
>>906593
>dickcam
>>
File: wepwep silent.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
wepwep silent.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>906930
>follow the road rules faggot
I do.

>also red and white is worst color scheme
Club kit and rented bike; it wasn't my choice.

>>907078
>Not using dickcam
>>
A camera is standard cycling gear
>>906537
There's this thing called a delete button
>>
File: skipchup 2.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
skipchup 2.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>907104
>Why do you keep re-posting this boring video?
Up until recently, it was the only non-audio webm I had of my riding footage. Most webms I make come out like ass for some reason - changing the bitrate does nothing. Case in point attached.

>What is so special about this corner?
Went fast.

>>907106
>Recording all of your rides
Western Digital shareholder, pls go
>>
Why do all bike dashcam videos have these terribly annoying sort of clicking plastic sounds and why has no one done someting about it?

This bothers my autism
>>
File: 1450555388052.jpg (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1450555388052.jpg
21 KB, 256x256
>>907214
Because gopro still hasnt figured out how to stop their cameras from ratteling inside the housing.
>>
>>906536
Yes.
Because I have one. Why not use it in case something fun happens?

Would I buy one specifically to record commuting - No.
>>
>>907214
i had a helmet mount and it squeaks whenever there's forward to backward motion. It's just due to a really flimsy mount and especially on a road helmet where there's not enough surface area for the sticky pad.
>>
File: gopro noseplug.jpg (16 KB, 340x200) Image search: [Google]
gopro noseplug.jpg
16 KB, 340x200
>>907249
The rattling actually comes from a small amount of play where the arm snaps into the mount. GoPros come with a noseplug-like device which removes this play, but no one ever uses it.
>>
>>907484
but i threw that away, thought it was just a piece of packing material. where can i buy them in communist Canada?
>>
>>907492
http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/mounts/replacement-parts/AGBAG-001.html
>>
>>907484
Thats part of the problem as well. I insert a thin strip of rubber inside the housing of my Gopro and the clicking sound is gone. Also the rubber plug thing doesn't work with some mounts like the chest mount.
>>
I do it when I race, just got this today in a local cat 4 event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8SDqw8bWs
>>
>>907735
Damm, where do you live that the roads are just endless stretches of flat, pristine asphalt?
>>
>>907737
yo, just didn't want to create a whole new thread just to share that vid
>>
>>906787
I live in a small town so you're right.
It honestly takes balls of steel to cycle regularly in a larger city or just an area with terrible drivers and I have a lot of respect for people who do it.
Even here there was a hit and run and the guy's bike was broken in half during the collision.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.