[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic not mine. I have an older Raligh, Same style as this one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: bike.jpg (18 KB, 411x247) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
18 KB, 411x247
Pic not mine.
I have an older Raligh, Same style as this one. Clearly a mountain bike. It's having problems, Im constantly fixing the piece of shit.

My dad tries to convince me over and over that I'm not supposed to 'jump curbs' which I don't. I do ride off them. He says I'm not supposed to 'stand on the peddles' when I ride. and that I can't be 'rough' with it. I keep telling him.. "It's a fucking mountain bike. It's supposed to handle riding, and jumping, and trials, and all that stuff." He blames me, because I got it from a friend of his, that had it for years sitting in a car port, not being used in years. He fails to grasp that things deteriorate over time, especially mechanical things.

How can I convince him to get off my ass, and realize that the bike is designed for riding. The most I do with it, is ride to the store across town. which at times I stand on the peddles to climb hills, or stand up to stop my ass from hurting. or. if I'm on the sidewalk on the highway. and someone is walking. I'll ride off for a few, then ride back on. That's not gonna hurt it. Bikes can handle falling off and watching them tumble as well...
>>
move out of your parents house and stop listening to that idort.

that being said, a shitty walmart "mountain bikes" aren't made to withstand anything above jumping curbs, and not even that if you have some weight in you.
>>
>>906244
It's a raileigh.. is that not a good brand?
And I'm only like 5' 11" maybe 150lbs
>>
>>906247
Raleigh went through many years making total garbage, cheap-ass bikes. The old ones from the 1960's and earlier are very durable and reliable but heavy as hell and not for performance. Today the newer ones are good quality again.

If your bike is like the pic you posted it is low quality and it will take a lot of work to keep those cheap components working. Good news is you will probably learn a lot about how to fix a bike. Start saving up for nicer bike so someday you can enjoy more time riding then repairing.
>>
>>906252
Good to know. What would be a good bike? I don't have tons of money but something I can ride without breaking it. Can handle some off road, handle the curbs, standing on the peddles. etc..
>>
>>906252
tfw u have nice bikes and it feels like u still spend equal amounts of time riding & repairing
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.