[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cartidge BB that looks like a cup and cone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
So I bought a used bike frame off of ebay. It was pretty beat up. Obviously had seen some hard trail use in it's life. The bottom bracket made a horrible grinding noise when turned.

From the outside I thought it was a cup and cone but upon disassembly I found out it was a cartridge. Pic related.

I want to replace it with a BB that looks the same form the outside. Does anyone make a BB that looks like a cup and cone from the outside?
The one I had has lock rings on both sides.
>>
File: 1449662703521.jpg (83 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
1449662703521.jpg
83 KB, 640x609
Thats a standard square taper, just be sure you know what lenghts you want.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-un55-square-taper-bottom-bracket/rp-prod71369

This is where to learn how to find lengths you want to buy.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

Good luck
>>
>>905605
Yeah, that'll teach the little bastard not to bring his wheelchair out onto a baseball field.
>>
>>905605
I'm looking for one that looks like a cup and cone from the outside
>>
>>905693
>bottom bracket aesthetics

yea na anon
>>
>>905693
Buy a loose ball bb
>>
>>905693

Why make this hard, replace like for like! otherwise you will find problems
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.