[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 is nearly over and I have failed to collect even on valuable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: DSC00422sm.jpg (448 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
DSC00422sm.jpg
448 KB, 1080x810
2015 is nearly over and I have failed to collect even on valuable bicycle. I am the worst collector ever.
Is this just a lost cause?
Does anyone know how many of these bikes were made in the first place?
How does one go about finding information like this?
I am feeling pretty down about the whole venture at this point tbqh with your guys ;_;
>>
They only made 700 of that particular bike but thats because its shit. The main fork is made out of poorly recycled diet coca cola cans(which are structurally less sound from the aspartame) and dropping more than 8 inches(slightly more than the average curb) . The standard brake cables and shifters were made of twine while the pedals those wooden sandals that japanese monks wear. The tires that came out of the were actually pretty good and had very few issues going out of true or with broken spokes(assuming you weigh less than 130 pounds).

If it was in like new condition, you might have something collectible for people in the bike building industry. However, it looks like quite a few parts are no longer standard and as such the resale value is nothing to us real collectors and its worth nothing on the street. In fact, if you were to leave it unlocked on the street junkies would leave small donations because honestly, anyone caught riding it needs a handout or two.
>>
>>904798
>2015 is nearly over and I have failed to collect even on valuable bicycle.
What? You need to check your English grammar.

>I am the worst collector ever.
I don't think you are in the upper 99%.

>Is this just a lost cause?
If your goal is to sell that bike for $150-$300 then maybe you will succeed.

Have you ascertained the model year of this bike and what parts were originally on it?

look at: Bikepedia

Have you looked at the recent history of sale prices for this used bike?

look at: BicycleBlueBook

>Does anyone know how many of these bikes were made in the first place?
Did Cannondale reply to you when you asked them this question?

>How does one go about finding information like this?
One finds out if there is a registry for Cannondale bikes and the range of serial numbers is for this particular model.

>I am feeling pretty down about the whole venture at this point tbqh with your guys ;_;
I'm glad changed the picture, however I still do not see one thing that is interesting about this bicycle. This is a low model in their line of full-suspension bikes. What makes it special compared to the Cannondale Delta V1500 or Delta V 2000 or the Super V 3000?

Do you have the extras that a Cannondale collector (is there such a thing) might want such as:
- the original bill of sale
- the original owners manual
- a copy of that Cannondale consumer catalog showing that exact model
- bicycle magazines from that time with reviews of that exact model
- a bike shop poster showing that exact model
>>
File: 1439308423177.jpg (304 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
1439308423177.jpg
304 KB, 620x320
>>904862
>What makes it special compared to the Cannondale Delta V1500 or Delta V 2000 or the Super V 3000?

It is special because it existed before those did.
In fact, in 1991 this was the worlds first mass production (if you can call >700 units mass production) full suspension mountain bike.
This is the bike that started it all and it was the most expensive offering cannondale put forth up to that moment.
>>
man that's fucking ugly
i'd part it out promptly before someone came over and saw it.
the cantis are likely pretty decent and worth saving, the rear mech as well, but i'd blue bin the rest of it tbrh famm
o wait up, is that some biopace crank lel
>>
>>904944
>man that's fucking ugly
I dont see how you can look at that bike and think its ugly.
Is it just because its non traditional?
I think it looks futuristic as hell.
>>
>tfw no collectible bicycle
>>
>tfw no qt 3.14 gf to collect bikes with.
>>
File: F1KLFDGF18DW9KH.MEDIUM.gif (66 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
F1KLFDGF18DW9KH.MEDIUM.gif
66 KB, 600x448
>>906135
cheap mall y frame bikes destroyed that look for me
>>
>>906140
ouch, i see what you mean
>>
>>906137
Just be yourself
>>
>>904798
Cheer up, OP. I giggle every time I see this dumb troll post so you've at least made a positive difference in one simpleton's life, and just in time for the holidays, too. Keep up the good work.
>>
File: DELTA-V1000.jpg (64 KB, 606x404) Image search: [Google]
DELTA-V1000.jpg
64 KB, 606x404
>>906324
Thanks anon, I just really wanted to get in on the ground floor of something big you know?
I feel like the window is already closing on this and its to late to get a good deal ;_;
>>
>>906373
>period-incorrect decal
oh lahd am i fucking triggered
>>
>>906382
Does that seriously detract from the value?
The only bike I even had a shot at was totally beat up. It would have had to be repainted and there is no way I could find the right stickers for it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.