[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pilot story time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 750x750
I'm a low time, naive, starry eyed 19 yearold student pilot looking for some knowledge and experiences. Anyone have any interesting stories?
>>
I work for an airline flying the 737 what do you want to know
>>
>>899855
Anything really, emergencies, interesting happenings. Things like that
>>
>>899859
Never had any emergencies per say.
Had to divert twice. Once because there was a thunderstorm over our destination, the other time we had to divert because our destination was fogged out. We were supposed to land at our home base at 23:00, we actually got back at 4:00am the next morning .Longest and most tiring day ever.
Had a few people faint on board.
Had a drunk woman who wasn't aggressive, but she was totally incapable of walking and because she was large we had to call the police who got her a wheelchair.
Been through severe turbulence once, lasted about 5-10 seconds and let me tell you it was scary. I've never been scared in a plane before but that was the first time.
One of our passengers didn't like the look of some asian people so complained to the police, they looked through the bags, we talked to our anti-terror police to confirm there was nothing suspicious.
>>
>>899861

How old are you? How long have you been in the airlines?
>>
>>899861
>per say
>>
>>899867
just over a year
I'm not american or working in america before you ask.
>>
>>899861
You Canadian eh?
>>
>>900639
>Canada is the only other country apart from America
>>
>>900639
No Eurofag here
North america you need about 1500 hours to be even considered for a right hand seat of a 737
Europe is more lax
>>
>>900674
Really a shame about your GA over there
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.