[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst spills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Clipped by a car today, went 15 feet across the road, slammed my shoulder into the curb. Torn rotator cuff, torn skin off elbow.

What was your worst spill?
>>
I only mountain bike. One time I needed stitches on a small wound, but other than that, nothing serious. Road biking is way too dangerous.
>>
toss up between breaking my collar bone and knocking myself out for a few minutes and then losing memory for a few hours after, and breaking my elbow and spraining my wrists saving my neck on an sudden accidental unintentional front flip.
>>
>>898044
oh and dont feel bad anon, I have hit 3 parked cars so far haha.
>>
File: DSC_3533.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3533.jpg
464 KB, 1920x1080
Went to bunnyhop over a chain, back wheel caught it and I went over the bars. The impact with the ground gave me some nasty scrapes (knee, shoulder, arms, and fingers) but the worst injure came from deflecting the bike as it tumbled over the top of me, think I broke my little finger at the second knuckle (closest to the tip) and now it's permanently bent.
>>
i scraped my knee once
>>
>>898040
I don't even remember having a spill.

I just woke up in a hospital one time 3 weeks later.
>>
File: 1431660734059.jpg (47 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
1431660734059.jpg
47 KB, 400x529
>>898040
Worst spill was when I was about 6. I was riding a bike that was too big for me to begin with and went into a neighbors yard that had a bunch of holes in it. I nailed a hole and went over the handle bars and landed on my shoulder breaking my collar bone.

most recent crash was me getting clipped by a dude coming out of a parking lot. my feet were in the steer ups so the bike went with me as i flipped and made me land at a funny angle. escaped with scrapes and bruises but was sore as shit for a couple days
>>
I only ride in neighborhoods and on short errands, worst I've had is bumping my shin into the pedals and getting some bloody bruises.
>>
>>898040
Qt cyclist girl was asking me if I needed help when I was stopped besides the cycle path and I spilled all my spaghetti
>>
Mountain biking at night, went over the bars and landed on head and shoulder. Not really sure what exactly happened, I was wearing a helmet but still hit hard enough to blank out for a few seconds. Worst part was that I went home and went to bed, but was woken up a few hours later by extreme pain in my swollen shoulder - fortunately it was was just strained, nothing broken, just made using my left arm very painful for about a week.
>>
File: 1352050174575.jpg (67 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1352050174575.jpg
67 KB, 500x484
Hit a median and flew over my bars. Had to get stiches on my chin and elbow. The people at the bus stop thoght a car hit me.
>>
>bombing hill towards stop sign with the walk sign giving me the go ahead
>riding slicks
>woman steps out onto the street in front of me
>brake on patch of wet leaves
>go down hard
>smash growler in my backpack
>dent aluminum frame
>hurt knee and elbow pretty bad
>rip favourite shirt open

ya I know she had right of way and it was my fault
im dumb
took my racing bike apart for the winter so I can be sure I won't do it again
>>
>Bombing down a street at 45km/h
>Wild curb appears
>Attempt bunny-hop
>Going too fast and rear wheel clips the edge of the curb
>OTB and face first onto cobbles at 40km/h
>Slide on my face for a few meters

Result was a hole in upper lip and lower lip (stitches inside and outside), broken front tooth, and broken metacarpal bone in the left hand.
>>
File: 1445326948619.jpg (71 KB, 577x753) Image search: [Google]
1445326948619.jpg
71 KB, 577x753
>>898040

I was like 12 and some bitch almost annihilated me with her car flying out of an office carpark

>riding slowly on pavement with other little goobers
>check the driveway before going past it
>as front wheel edges into the driveway bitch going at least 40 flies out of fucking nowhere
>hits my wheel, spins column around 360 rips bars from my hands, I fall off
>bitch stops for a second, looks, drives away
>we hurl lame preteen abuse, some other cunt tells us off

closest I've come to fucking dying on a bike, if she'd hit me full on I'd have been launched into the heavy traffic and pasted
>>
>>898067
>bike that was too big for me

lel I fell into a ditch when I was young due to that
>>
>>898165
>riding slowly on pavement with other little goobers

Your argument is invalid
>>
>>898301
he was 12, in the US you're allowed to ride on sidewalks until you're 13 or 14.
>>
>>898052
Yeah that is fun. I once endo'd and thought it was over when the bike came down and hit me in the back. Coyote style.
>>
>>898503
I instinctively rolled onto my back to avoid face planting the ground, thought I'd done well until I spotted the bike coming right for my face. Don't know how but I essentially managed to push the bike away (a fairly heavy mountain bike) and over the top of me, otherwise I probably would've had a pedal to the face.
>>
>>898040
>have two bikes, a road bike and a motorized beach cruiser. Use the cruiser during the summer because I'm too much of a pussy to bike 9 miles in florida heat
>always figures the cruiser would hospitalize me, figured I was safer on the road bike
> heading home from work in october, about 6pm.
>go to press button on my headphones to skip song
>before I can even notice,dead raccoon in my path
>hit it on skinny tires, goes halfway through it and the rest gets stuck in my chain
>going downhill when this is happening
>sudden stopping
>go over handlebars,breaking my nose

I've always wondered if it was the summer and the racoon was hot if I would've just blown through it. Fucking roadkill
>>
>full speed down a hill in a park
>3 dogs run past me
>one gets under my front wheel
>fly 10-15ft
>broken wrist
>broken bike
>(the dog was fine)
>>
>>898794
>headphones while riding
Unless you were on a no car path, you were lucky that's all that happened to you.
>>
>Riding through traffic in town
>Go for a tite gap
>760 mm bars
>Tag an artic, flip over the bars
>Took a wing mirror off of a car in the next lane
>Hurr durr admit you were at fault and pay for my shit
>nope.avi
>Guards show up and take statements
>Never hear of it again
>Knee swells up to the size of a grapefruit the next day

>Riding into town to get my road bike from my bike storage locker and go for a ride
>Overtaken by a raging cager
>Ok, whatev
>He has to slow down for a roundabout and I end up immediately behind him
>We both take the same exit from the roundabout
>Instead of accelerating, he stands on the brakes
>My front wheel hits the bumper
>My face hits the rear window
>Lots of witnesses
>Guard happens to be passing by
>Ambulance happens to be passing by, so no charge
>Insurance pays out a cool €25 000
Lost one tooth and broke two others, can't give blood anymore because cow bone implant.

I've come up seeing stars twice from crashes on MTBs, but aside from that, the worst I've experienced mountain biking are minor cuts and bruises.

>>898927
Can you explain what risk you think he is exposing himself to?
>>
2 months ago.

>slight downhill
>5 hours ago rain was pouring
>puddles everywhere
>long day of pedaling
>back hurt
>let go of handlebar for a sec so I can straight my back
>going slowly downhill, not turning pedals
>all of my weight on my ass
>hit a small puddle that is actually a hole so deep it reaches hell
>seat punches my pelvis so hard, now I know what prison rape feels like
>balls split in two
>eyes tearing up
>grab handlebar, stop the bike
>got home by riding 8-10 kmh
>next 5 days pissing and shiting feels like giving birth
>even farting makes my balls-to-asshole part feel like Im dying

Not a spill, nothing broken, but for me worst than any spill I had.
>>
>>898981
maybe your seat is too high.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.