[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
>>
File: 200_s.gif (35 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
35 KB, 267x200
>no fenders

what a fucking joke, she doesn't deserve to wear that jersey
>>
>>896533
>she
>>
>>896533
>fenders
What are you, some kind of faggot afraid of a little mud and water?
>>
>>896533
>>896535
>she
Queen of /n/?
>>
>>896537
having no fenders implies the rider never rides in bad conditions..
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
>>896540
That's me in the pic. Having "bad conditions" in your vocabulary implies that you are a filthy casual. Having fenders implies that you are afraid to get wet and therefore don't ride in rain, but just want to stay dry when riding through puddles after the storm is passed. I ride in all conditions. 100+ degrees, below 0, all day, all night, dry, raining, snowing, snow-covered unplowed streets, through shallow streams and flooded trails.
>>
>>896545
why the fuck would you get wetter than you have to and throw mud all over your bicycle's components, your panniers and bottles?

I get that you're posturing because folks thought you were a lady but that's just fucking stupid
>>
>>896546
Fenders are pointless during rain storms because they will only keep a fraction of the water and mud off. It will make minimal difference. After a rain storm I can avoid puddles if I feel like staying dry, and fenders won't do much to keep mud off my bike. And I don't care if mud splatters on my back, I can wash my jersey and take a shower when I get home.
>>
>>896548
Explain how mud is going to get onto your components without being kicked up by the tire exactly? Sure your bike is going to get wet but you don't have to get all your components gunked up with shite. Of course being a filthy casual who only rides for recreation on a hybrid you wouldn't understand these things. You realize most folks use their bicycles to reach destinations other than home, where they can wash their jerseys.
>>
>>896552
>Explain how mud is going to get onto your components without being kicked up by the tire exactly?
A fender is a narrow strip above the tire. The derailleurs, chain, etc are well below that level. The fenders would keep some mud from getting thrown around but the stuff will still get dirty and the fenders don't block it from mud.
>Of course being a filthy casual who only rides for recreation on a hybrid you wouldn't understand these things. You realize most folks use their bicycles to reach destinations other than home, where they can wash their jerseys.
I ride for transportation and recreation. Riding to a place other than home doesn't mean not riding back home afterwards. I can still wash my jersey and take a shower when I get home. And if I want to be clean and dry at my destination, I can wear a rain jacket and rain pants and take them off when I arrive at my destination. It sounds to me like you are a filthy casual who is afraid of a little bit of water and mud.
Also, I don't know if you meant to imply that I only have a hybrid, but I also have two road bikes and a mountain bike.
>>
>>896529
b-bianchi-kun
>>
File: Bianchi-Kun2.jpg (685 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Bianchi-Kun2.jpg
685 KB, 720x1280
>>896558
Different color helmet.
>>
>>896545

pos bike that can't accommodate fenders, look at that wheel to fork gap

>i'm so tough
>implying no buyer's remorse
>actually riding a hybrid like a pleb
>>
>>896570
It has fender mounts. Whether or not they would work well is irrelevant because I don't want them regardless. I don't see why I would have buyer's remorse considering I have 3 other bikes but it is still the one I ride most. I also don't see how riding a hybrid makes me a pleb when I do much longer rides than you.
>>
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>896529
>>896533
its a guy
>>
>>896595
>implying
>>
>>896561

ffs, you should have left for good
>>
>>896611
Who are you talking to?
>>
File: PB161392.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
PB161392.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>896529
shouldve bought a surly
>>
>>896664

Isn't a surly just an expensive 90's rigid mtb with drops?
>>
>>896666

And disc brake mounts
>>
>>896664
jesus fuck could that headtube be any longer.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 500x482
>>896666
>surly
>expensive
>>
>>896675

Isn't the base price (for the cheapest surly model) somewhere around $1000 USD? A little much don't you think for a 90's rigid mtb with drops and disc brakes?
>>
>>896686
It's a '90s rigid mtb, but without the "90's" part. That's what they cost back in the day, and they haven't got any cheaper over 20 years. Finding a good one on craiglist and upgrading with modern parts is a fun project and a great deal, but if you just want a new one (with disks) this is what you pay.
>>
>>896672
It's suck to be tall. Properly sized comfy bike will always look dork.
>>
>>896686
$1000 is a very fair price.
>>
>>896545
Then why are yoy so fucking fat?
>>
>>896734
TOP KEK M8 SHE REKT
>>
>>896548
>Fenders are pointless during rain storms because they will only keep a fraction of the water and mud off
You're thinking of "ass savers" not "fenders", there is a difference. Ass savers are there to prevent the mud streak up your back, that's it.

Fenders cover a much larger part of the wheel so the main thing you need to worry about is water. Whatever minimal amounts of dirt get past the fenders gets washed off pretty quick by the rain. The disadvantage of full fenders is that they tend to bump into things if you are riding over big rocks and tree roots and shit like that. But on the road you pictured, it's fine.

Getting shit all over yourself and your equipment is not something to be proud of. It's a childish way to think. You want to roll around in the dirt, you don't need a bike for that.
>>
>>896794

>Living on Earth
>Earth is made of dirt and water
>Riding around outside on Earth
>Dirt and water get on your bike and cloths
>FUCKING WOW

u r a faget m8, but I get why u feel the way u feel you know?
>>
>>896809
>Earth is made of dirt and water
Fucking deep, bro. Did you have hypochondriac parents who didn't let you play outside as a kid? Is that why you feel like you have to smear dirt all over yourself any time you see it? To get back at mommy and daddy?
>>
File: frbwOnF.gif (920 KB, 240x168) Image search: [Google]
frbwOnF.gif
920 KB, 240x168
That feel when no qt girl to bike with on the Midtown Greenway.
>>
>>896734
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>>896794
tl;dr
>I'm a faggot who is scared of water and dirt, and I don't want my bikes to get even a little dirty because I am a hipster fixie faggot and all I do with my bike is walk down the sidewalk past the coffee shop wheeling my brakeless fixie along to show off and look cool, with a u-lock in my belt loop
>>
>>896813
MINNEAPOLIS
I
N
N
E
A.
P
O
L
I
S
>>
>>896859
> Fixie with fenders
>>
>>896859
I think you got your /n/ stereotypes a little mixed up there senpai
>>
File: jjjlol3.jpg (30 KB, 799x534) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol3.jpg
30 KB, 799x534
>>896927
>mfw
>>896952
No. The faggot is scared to get his bike dirty so obviously he doesn't actually ride, and the people that don't actually ride are the fixie faggots. Freds actually ride, just long fast or far or often.
>>
>>896965
Kind of like how people who wear shoes are afraid to get their feet cut and don't even walk?

You're a recreational weekend cyclist, that's really all you need to say
>>
>>896966
I guarantee I ride more than you, faggot. Of course I ride for recreation. Of course I ride on weekends. I also ride to commute. I also ride on week days. I also ride at night. I ride all the fucking time faggot.
>people who wear shoes don't walk
No fucktard, bikes are designed for transportation, not for mud protection. Most people actually ride bikes, only a few don't, kind of like the fucking whoresluts that get shoes just to look "pretty".
>>
>>896968
>people only buy shoes to look pretty
Uh huh. Because pretty shoes aren't still shoes.

I bet you're one of those people who thinks bike specific clothes are a scam and Real Cyclists ride in basketball shorts and vans.
>>
Yo for real though how do you get one of those jerseys?
>>
>>896971
By going back in time to when we placed the order over a year ago.
Or wait for Gen 1.1 which is similar, but not identical, which has been pushed back to spring 2016. Watch for the threads come spring.
>>
>>896612
mike
>>
Aside from weight and possibly too-tight clearances, why wouldn't you use fenders?
>>
>>900149
aesthetics, plus the majority of recreational cyclists are fair-weather riders who don't really need them
>>
BIANCHI KUN
>>
>>900149
Muddy trails will clog fenders, so 'adventure' bikes shouldn't really have em
>>
>>900149
Because they are unnecessary and are an extra thing to worry about and maintain and to get in the way of other more important stuff.

>>896540
>what are cyclocross bikes
>what are mountain bikes
>>
ITT:

faggot attention whores and tries to justify bike
>>
>>900203
>using the word faggot in 2015
>>
>>900252
I want /pol/ false flagging as SJW nikki to leave
>>
let me sniff your asshole senpai
>>
>>896529
same bike
>>896405
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.