[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this be a sufficient and good High Speed Rail system for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: US high speed rail map.jpg (1 MB, 2147x2215) Image search: [Google]
US high speed rail map.jpg
1 MB, 2147x2215
Would this be a sufficient and good High Speed Rail system for the US ja Canada?

What do you think?
>>
>>895121
>transcon HSR
You're one dumb motherfucker.
>>
I think the best way to approach HSR in the US is to create mainlines where trains travel at 220mph and the have various branches of dieselized service connecting to the Main lines. An eastern mainline like Boston to NOLA, Midwest mainline from NYC to Chicago (perhaps MN?) And a western mainline Seattle to LA and having spur lines which take you from the less major cities to the Main line cities. Like Charleston to Atlanta or such.
>>
>>895121
Transcontinental HSR is a profoundly fucking stupid idea.
>>
>>895121
This would be pointless. Transcontinental HSR will never work in the US. Best way to do HSR here is to start between two relatively close major cities, and work outward until the biggest ones are connected.

I would argue that an NYC to Chicago line would be a good place to start as it is right off the NEC.
>>
>>895222
Existing NEC, California, Texas Triangle, Chicago Hub, and Florida. You could toss in the PNW if you included Vancouver.
>>
File: HSR Map.png (684 KB, 1366x670) Image search: [Google]
HSR Map.png
684 KB, 1366x670
Rate
>>
>>895121
>>895228
I get the impression none of you fucking retards has ever actually driven across the desert West. It would be completely insane to build HSR across Nevada and Utah considering the distance between cities of more than 100,000 people is about 500+ miles.
>>
>>895230
to add: between Reno and Salt Lake City (which aren't even big to begin with) there is literally no bigger than 5,000 to 10,000 people. Between Las Vegas and Salt Lake the same conditions apply. I think the same applies to Salt Lake to Denver and Las Vegas to Albuquerque.
>>
>>895232
>no bigger city than 5,000 to 10,000 people*
>>
File: truth.jpg (116 KB, 890x541) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
116 KB, 890x541
rate?
>>
File: pepe5.jpg (14 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe5.jpg
14 KB, 306x306
>>895237
>chicago and milwaukee are still connected
>>
File: screwball.png (253 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
screwball.png
253 KB, 420x315
>>895228
>Implying that anyone would ever use high-speed rail across mid-Michigan
>>
File: US regional HS rail system map.png (333 KB, 2147x2215) Image search: [Google]
US regional HS rail system map.png
333 KB, 2147x2215
Allright here's my new design for the HSR.
>BOS-WASH line
>PHI-Midwest line
>Canada line
>Florida line
>Cali line
>North east line
>Texas line
>Southern line

Dis any good?
>>
>>895364
That actually looks pretty good and somewhat realistic although I would eliminate the segment though Michigan. Detroit simply does not have enough demand to justify anything better than the current sub-HSR Wolverine service.
>>
>>895364
There is fucking nothing between Portland and Sacramento. Plus they are too far apart, and as such there is no reason to send HSR between them.
>>
>>895368
The Detroit metro has more demand than Ckeveland, Cincinnati, Louisville, or Indianapolis.
>>
>>895370
Doesn't the different imply that the anon is suggesting extending the sub-HSR Cascade service down to Sacramento?

>>895371
Sure but those cities have a downtown. Detroit has a warzone in the centre of it and lots of suburbs around it.
>>
>>895390
Detroit's CBD isn't bad at all in terms of crime. It's just a little dead sometimes though.
>>
>>895430
That's what I meant. Since the decline of industry the CBD hasn't exactly been the anchor for growth in the area despite multiple attempts to spark growth. Most of the growth is still going to the low density suburbs.

Without a CBD that is desirable HSR doesn't make much sense (the whole "downtown to downtown" argument falls apart if the suburbs are the only parts of a city anyone would want to visit).
>>
>Meme Speed Rail
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.