[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Comac C919 rolls out the factory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: commiejet.jpg (241 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
commiejet.jpg
241 KB, 620x387
What do my fellow pla/n/efags think of the Chinese Comac C919? They've sold 517 already - almost all to state-owned carriers.

Do you think it will make any impact on the Boeing/Airbus duopoly, or will it just turn out to be a wretched, unreliable piece-of-shit, like everything else made in China?

> Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/02/asia/china-new-c919-passenger-jet/
>>
>>894520

>Do you think it will make any impact on the Boeing/Airbus duopoly

It won't. China makes their own crap planes. Same for Russia.
>>
>>894520
I won't be flying in one, that's for sure.
>>
>>894520
It's hard to make any sort of assessment without official performance statistics and a track record for the manufacturer, but if China's aviation industry at large's track record is anything to go by it's probably not going to have much international success, just by reputation alone.
>>
File: AFS001_01.png (121 KB, 1002x1278) Image search: [Google]
AFS001_01.png
121 KB, 1002x1278
>>894520
>Do you think it will make any impact on the Boeing/Airbus duopoly, or will it just turn out to be a wretched, unreliable piece-of-shit, like everything else made in China?
you'd be surprised at what is made in China these days...

(note that pic related is from 2010)
>>
>>894538

>everything made offshore is made in china

es hecho en mejico y canada porque NAFTA

bombardier in particular is a big winner here
>>
>>894521
This. It's just another third-tier narrow body twinjet manufacturer.
>>
>>894520
When will they stop making flying tubes with wings with engine pods?

I want to see wing mounted engines or lifting body designs or something.
>>
>>894566
Yeah, they're such a big winner that the Quebec government had to dump a billion dollars on them.
>>
>>894569

>implying jewing taxpayers out of money is not the real victory here
>>
I think we're just going to have to wait and see how long it takes for one to fall out of the sky.
>>
>>894585
China is just going to blame wiggers for shooting missiles at it.
>>
>>894569
I would count having a billion dollars dumped on me as a "win"! Perhaps a political rather than technical win, but a win non the less.
>>
>>894520
If the ARJ21 program is anything to go by, we might even see the C919 certified for commercial service by 2025!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.