[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I seat a tube? I slapped it all around deflated, reflated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1443741818013.jpg (195 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1443741818013.jpg
195 KB, 1000x750
how do I seat a tube? I slapped it all around deflated, reflated and it look like shit NOT seat in tubeo.

what the fuck is this shit. please save me the embarrasing from going to the bike shop to get a tube in. I ride a fucking crabon for FOCKS SAKE
>>
>freds
>>
pump just enough into the tube for it to take a round shape then place it inside the tire. yw
>>
>>892894
I did that already, result is a poorly seated tubeo

Guess i should stop being lazy and redo it instead of finding a shortcut..
>>
>>892895
it should seat better when you pump a little more air into it and it expands tonthe tire. check to make sure the tire is the right size
>>
maybe you need better rim tape... also the tube might be a little too big for your rim size perhaps. and if you're getting flats, you probably aren't pumping the tire to enough psi.
>>
>>892900
ok thanks, I actually found that crusty old tube from some random dude anyway, its definitely not fresh and I will try fit in a new fresh tube tomorrow.
>>
>>892900
also big fat piece of glass punctured my tires
>>
File: 1233653607_ty32r52yt345.gif (899 KB, 299x222) Image search: [Google]
1233653607_ty32r52yt345.gif
899 KB, 299x222
>>892884
ether.
>>
>>893014
>that gif
wat
>>
>>893045
It's difficult to 'seat the bead' of a tubeless tire. You need air pressure to make the seal tight, but can't get the pressure without having a good seal first. Tire shops have a 'blaster' that blasts a bunch of air in at once. If you don't have one handy, you can use a can of ether to create a small explosion inside the tire. 4-wheelers running very low tire pressure and off-road truckers (like me) end up getting good at it.
>tldr: Red neck tire change.
>>
>>893065
So he puts some ether in the tire and then sets it off from the outside with a lighter and the 'explosion' seats the bead? Nevah seen that un befo.
>>
>>892895
Tuck the tube into the tire when you're reseating the tire. Also, push the valve through the rim so the tube is all the way in the tire there too.
>>
>>893065
That the neatest thing I've ever read.
Maybe second only to how they change tyres on the railways.
>>
>>893203
>how they change tyres on the railways.

Speaking of which...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1EpBFebrfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3oaA-nxzY
>>
>>892884
usually the seat tube is the middle most part of a bike frame.
it holds the seat post.
>>
>>892884
wtf is a tubeo? teh parts between the rimeo and the tireo?
also sage
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.