[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about new EMUs for Pyongyang Metro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: CSHW-_rVEAAlFNh.jpg (42 KB, 560x400) Image search: [Google]
CSHW-_rVEAAlFNh.jpg
42 KB, 560x400
How do you feel about new EMUs for Pyongyang Metro?
>>
File: CSHW_BDUkAA5L3e.jpg (38 KB, 560x400) Image search: [Google]
CSHW_BDUkAA5L3e.jpg
38 KB, 560x400
>>
File: CSHW_AeVEAAVFV4.jpg (40 KB, 540x372) Image search: [Google]
CSHW_AeVEAAVFV4.jpg
40 KB, 540x372
>>
File: CSHW-_-UEAAvhmv.jpg (55 KB, 540x372) Image search: [Google]
CSHW-_-UEAAvhmv.jpg
55 KB, 540x372
>>
File: noice (2).jpg (42 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
noice (2).jpg
42 KB, 480x270
NOICE
>>
>>892749
>Kim Jon-Un looking at trains
imokwiththis
>>
They look nice and seem comfortable.
>>
>>892747
Are the Chinese still building that HSR line in NK?
>>
>>892747
Is the loading gauge on the Pyongyang subway actually that big? I never realized Soviet subways were so wide.
>>
>new

we all know they just pimped the old ones a little
>>
>>892992

I thought they were almost all built to 2.7 m wide, 3.6 hight, about 20 long and 3 car units with trailer in middle?

Nation wide standardization you see, as in "behold, this single megafactory (administred by good comrade Pjotrovich) will now produce all metro cars the soviet peoples across the globe will ever need, the product lines are as follows..."

I'm sure Pyongyang uses Russian standard units, whatever the exact dimensios would be. Any Russians here?

Also, wikipedia says Pyongyang uses former Berlin rolling stock. We know that is 2.65 meters and 3.6, which I suppose the Russians have broadened to 2.7-odd by tightening engineering rolerances. Something from that ballpark, essentially a tramway loading gauge excluding turning radius.
>>
>>892747
Like everything in the DPRK, it looks dated, but futuristic for the DPRK.
>>
>>893000
>I'm sure Pyongyang uses Russian standard units, whatever the exact dimensios would be

Surprise, mr. I-know-everything. Pyongyang uses old Berlin metro units.

"Since 1998, the Pyongyang metro has used former German rolling stock from the Berlin U-Bahn. There are two different types of rolling stock:

GI ("Gisela"), former East Berlin stock, built between 1978 and 1982.
D ("Dora"), former West Berlin stock, built between 1957 and 1965."
>>
>>893024
this happens when you don't read the post to the end
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 803x688
>>892747
>Not making Donald trump the Dictator of North Korea
Well memed mate!
>>
>>892747

Just to let you know, they are completely modernized D-stock units (ex. Berlin) >>893024
mentioned in his comment. The boggies and the underfloor aggregates are clearly telling it.

And for the reworked EMU itself, they might be somewhat okay for NK standards, but look cheap in the interior finish.
>>
>>893069
That's clearly new cheap Chinese rolling stock. Why the hell would they rebuild antiquated Berlin rolling stock when the Chinese rolling stock builders are experiencing a boom right now?
>>
>>893094
Just because their big neighbour has a boom in rolling stock production doesn't mean they can afford it.

The whole chassis is still 1:1 the same to the D-stock.
>>
>>892747
They look pretty nice actually. 10/10 would ride in.
>>
>>893177
Let me guess, you're the same person that thinks the Pyongyang subway is 'just for show', right?
>>
>>893177
>Just because their big neighbour has a boom in rolling stock production doesn't mean they can afford it.
You do realize the Chinese have been paying the railway modernisation program they've been going through, right? The Chinese are giving them new rolling stock as part of their welfare check.
>>
File: 0_11940d_ddb98aa9_orig-675x453.jpg (82 KB, 675x453) Image search: [Google]
0_11940d_ddb98aa9_orig-675x453.jpg
82 KB, 675x453
>>893094
here you can see dear leader walking past the back of the car which clearly had windows in the front space but now the windows are covered
it's an old Berlin unit, period.
>>
>>893261
>>893202
>North Korean internet defence force

will you get gulag'd if I tell you you didn't fool me?
>>
>>893340
>herp derp in North Korea everyone is starving and they only run the subway for tourists, if you disagree you is North Korea internet defence force
dude, it's still a more or less functioning country, even if it's not a decadent shithole like the US where everyone drives gas guzzling SUVs while stuffing themselves with burgers
>>
>>893348
you're taking your inner marxism too far, better stick to your organic coffee and riding fixies
>>
File: 1300292771002.jpg (41 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1300292771002.jpg
41 KB, 200x193
>mfw they're already nicer than BART's new cars that won't be in service until 2060
>>
>>892992
>DPRK
>Soviet
>>
>>893348
>it's still a more or less functioning country

I'm going to go with "less functioning".
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.