[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starter bike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 2013-honda-cbr250r-.jpg (171 KB, 1694x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-honda-cbr250r-.jpg
171 KB, 1694x1080
I am thinking of getting my first bike anytime soon and due to license limitations I can only ride a 250cc bike for two years, then I can upgrade to a full powered bike
I'm looking for a good starter bike with some beginner mistakes toleration which is also fun to ride, I've heard the CBR250R is a good one for starters

I might take little tours on the bike, so a bike with touring capabilities would be good
>>
>>>/o/
>>
>>892013
desu
>>
File: Honda cb250 superhawk.jpg (74 KB, 950x669) Image search: [Google]
Honda cb250 superhawk.jpg
74 KB, 950x669
Learner 250. OK.
This shape because all that plastic doesn't have any effect until you're flat out in top and flat out in top doesn't help you learn how not to fall of while parking.
Not falling off while parking,turning is a useful skill when you have a $200 a side bits of plastic plus the pedals and levers to replace.
>>
I've been a learner before, I can probably drop some knowledge on you.

The best bit of advice I can give is to not aim for a sports bike - Learner sports bikes are just plain shit. I learnt on a 1988 ZXR 250 and it was terrible. They're hard to control at low speeds because the weight is so high up, your feet are behind your knees and you're putting so much weight on your wrists so they're uncomfortable for a new rider, most learner sports bikes are either single cylinder putt-putt engines or parallel twins; Both have decent torque for a small engine, but no power - Thus not fast and not sporty.
And if you have any friends with bigger sport bikes and want to ride with them, you'll never be able to keep up.

I'm sorry if I just smashed your hopes and dreams, but seriously I would suggest going for a cheap naked upright, preferably second-hand, and then while learning save up for a bigger bike. Also use that time to get an idea of what type of riding style suits you - If you're still into super-sports, then spend that well earned money on a nimble and exciting 600cc, or a hair-raising and license-losing 1000cc.
>>
You'll probably get not only more but better answers on >>>/o/

I suggest posting in the daily bike thread.
>>
Go with a :
Rebel
Virago

Easy, comfortable, and boss as fuck.
>>
File: Suzuki RGV250 90 1.jpg (33 KB, 626x365) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki RGV250 90 1.jpg
33 KB, 626x365
This is a 250, does 130 mph float your boat ?
>>
>>894339

2 stroke...they always break down, they break down before they break down, then they break down again
>>
File: 1972-kawasaki-h2-750-mach-iv-1.jpg (49 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1972-kawasaki-h2-750-mach-iv-1.jpg
49 KB, 400x229
>>894341
If they're breaking then you're doing it wrong. Seriously.
The sparks were the worst part of these.
>>
>>894206
>>894348
i fucking love those motorcycles so much

always borrow my uncles bikes when im in europe and just drive them around from town to town

not super fast but still very fun to do what you want with them
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.