[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it alright for me to be riding on roads if my bike is a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: bleu.png (365 KB, 388x390) Image search: [Google]
bleu.png
365 KB, 388x390
Is it alright for me to be riding on roads if my bike is a single gear and do I have to study up on what all the symbols on the road mean, basic driving shit etc
>>
>>886097
yes and yes

/thread
>>
>>886097
Technically you don't need to know what the road signs mean, but it would help you and other road users if you did.
>>
File: joop.jpg (64 KB, 610x463) Image search: [Google]
joop.jpg
64 KB, 610x463
>>886097
>do I have to study up on what all the symbols on the road mean

Do you ride an adult tricycle? Or use xl training wheels? Do you need to wear a helmet at all times whenever you leave your house?
Because you sound literally retarded.

Who does not know roadsigns and shit before leaving elementary school? Holy fuck.
>>
>>886108
What do you have against Baconrider?
>>
>>886111
Nothing.
But OP's stupidity is off the charts.
And you guys wonder why cyclists have a bad name.
>>
You must be 18 years old to use 4chan
>>
>>886097
>should I know the road rules when riding on the road
I don't know.
>>
File: peace.jpg (576 KB, 1000x632) Image search: [Google]
peace.jpg
576 KB, 1000x632
There are 2 things you gotta do to stay safe on the road

>understand the rules + driver behavior & attempt to ride as courteously & predictably as possible, positioning yourself out of the way of cars

>ride like you're invisible and accept that your safety is 100% in your own hands

You absolutely don't have to follow the rules because doing so is no guarantee you'll be safe, but generally they're the best course of action anyway. Don't be a gopro youtube 'i know my rights' faggot. Also going faster than the cars is the best way of not being hit on a bicycle.
>>
File: 1440809862487.jpg (101 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1440809862487.jpg
101 KB, 728x636
>>886108
Do you walk around with a stick up your ass 24/7?
>>
>wants to be treated as an equal user of the road alongside car drivers
>doesn't think its necessary to learn the rules governing road use

This is why people hate cyclists tbh.
>>
>>886144
Yes. And it sits so tight, whoever is able to remove it, shall be King of England.
>>
>>886176
>…able to remove it, shall be King of England.
Why do you have that comma in there?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.