[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How To Bike Training (For Free)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dogtrain.jpg (64 KB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
dogtrain.jpg
64 KB, 640x364
hello there, ive been riding for a while but want to get better. dont want to race, just beat myself, push my limits (mainly in speed and resistance).
i know you will say get the cyclist bible.. thing is i live in south america and shipping books to my country is a pain in the ass and besides its 2015, we have internet, there's tons of free info regarding a lot of stuff.. i wonder how is there not gonna be a good source for bike training?

till now ive developed my own training, which consists on 4 rides a week, 3 short intense ones during the week (2-3 hours each), and one long relaxed in the weekend (4-5 hours).. i usually train on a hill during the week, climbing it several times and more flat on the weekend.. but im confused regarding elevating my cadence or pedaling slower but with more power.. or better said using heavier gears with slow cadence...anyway.. share your training routines..
by the way, is it possible to train without a bike computer? (no smartphone either).. oh and i commute to everywhere all the time on bike unless i have to carry something not bike transportable...
so any tips on stuff that can be get for free is welcomed, im ok with getting stuff by the side btw, torrents and stuff, just couldnt find joe friel's book.

pic unrelated but i heard /n/ likes trains.
>>
Go to the gym if you wanna ride faster. Obviously you'll need to actually ride your bike also.
>>
>>883576
>i live in south america and shipping books to my country is a pain in the ass

I laughed
>>
>>883605
op here, thanks for your empathy bro.
ill explain: you have to receive a notification through the mail, go with that to the post office, get another paper, go to your house and print and fill other papers, then go to the customs, wait 2 hours, pay some shit, wait an hour and a half more, get your shit. (no cell phones allowed btw, but no one gives a fuck, you also cant buy shit and the waiting times im talking involve going early, you have to make 4 lines for all this bullshit).

also, i truly believe there must be free sources,or (ill be forward), illegal shit, like downloading books or whatever.

thats my story, who gives a crap, lets talk about training methods and sources to learn more..mejustwannaridefasterlonger. no hate for the americas in any case bro, peace!
>>
anyone?
>>
could somebody tell me the exact name of the cycling bible? an author name would be nice. Thanks.
>>
>>883576
Training for free isn't really that difficult but you need to approach it from a slightly different viewpoint. Instead of going by numbers you're going to have to go by feeling. With this being said you'll need some sort of reference, a baseline. Go for a ride like any other but really pay attention to everything you do. Cadence, general speed, time to get from place to place until you get a real sense of what you can and can't do. If you really want to crunch numbers but be a poorfag just time yourself on your rides with a stopwatch or on your shitty phone and do your rides over and over trying to beat your time. Another good thing to make a habit of is going on a longer commute than you're used to or just explore areas around you going for longer and longer rides. Third thing to try would just be to look up training regiments on YouTube.

Trying to be helpful before this thread dies
>>
>>883633
If you want the Cyclist's Training Bible you can get the ebook on #bookz. The /lit/ wiki can tell you more about pirating books.
>>
>>883576
Do deadlifts, single best non-bike exercise that cyclists don't adequately appreciate.

Squats are good too, and core exercises in general.
>>
>>886335
>tfw knees made of glass
>>
Just ride 3-5 times a week and push yourself, make sure you also do some long, relative slow rides. You will be superfit in like a year. Make sure to plan some resting time between rides, nog 3 100 km rides in 3 days. You wont need a bike computer, but it is fun to see progress (average speed will increase) over a few months.

Chill out when on the bike, ride low gears, make sure your feet are spinning quite fast. If the spinning gets uncomfortable shift up but resume the spinning after a while (cadance of 90 rpm and up, for if you are planning to get a cadancemeter).

If you get bored try to join a group ride once a while or join a club. If you want to show off and ride on your limit join races.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.