[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A well-trained endurance athlete has a resting heart rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: alisontetrick7.jpg (533 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
alisontetrick7.jpg
533 KB, 1536x2048
>A well-trained endurance athlete has a resting heart rate of 40 bpm. Miguel Indurain, a five-time Tour de France winner and Olympic gold medalist in 1996, recorded a resting heart rate of 28 bpm.

What is your resting heart rate?

55 BPM master race here.
>>
>>792418
0. Because I'm dead.
>>
>>792418
38 to 42 MRHR depending on what mesocycle I'm currently in, and what week in that mesocycle (higher in week 3, lower in week 1, lowest at the end of week 4 (recovery week) if everything is going well).
>>
>>792418
Those legs

I want to touch them

I'd feel weird because it'd feel like a man

But it is a women so it's allowed

hot
>>
I don't know, like 80
>>
>>792426
You need to see a doctor.
>>
Mmmm....Alison is wife material. All that dirt, sweat and filth makes her so much hotter.

btw, my bpm is between 55-60 even though im a large frame dude with a few extra pounds.
>>
I got hooked to a ekg a while ago cuz i got that athletes heart syndrome thing it kept makin an alarm, I think when it dropped below 50bpm? I think the lowest it went was like 44bpm

I wore one at night (holter monitor) and it was down in the low 20s when sleeping
>>
I have an irregular heart beat. It's between 45 - 55bpm.
>>
>>792424
>I'd feel weird because it'd feel like a man
You underestimate the fat she has covering her muscle and how soft her skin should be as a woman.
Dat high est makes everything feel good to the touch, god I want to live between those muffs.
>>
>>792456
>athletes heart syndrome
Just curious: Does your doctor (or doctors in general) give you a ration of shit about any of that? Try to scare you into not training anymore, or worse, they just don't understand that it's not dangerous, it's just a side-effect of training?
>>
>>792435
Dumb. Unhealthy is 90+. 80 is getting there but it's just a sign to work out more (cardio) and possibly eat better
>>
>>792484
>Try to scare you into not training anymore, or worse, they just don't understand that it's not dangerous, it's just a side-effect of training?

Not that guy but med student here. Probably no doctor would do that as it is expected from someone who does a lot of aerobic exercises.

As for HR, it's around 55 bpm.
>>
>>792500
I'd like to believe that but I've had at least one doctor I can think of that kept trying to convince me to stop training and 'just walk for exercise, it's good enough'. I finally had to tell the idiot to STFU and never bring that shit up again. Shitty doctor, I know, probably never run into one so idiotic again.
>>
>>792506

Whats your blood pressure?
O2 sat?
>>
>>792507
>Whats your blood pressure?
It's always been slightly above what is considered 'normal', but that's 'normal' for me.
>O2 sat?
Uh, it's fine?

Of course none of this means anything without knowing my entire medical history..
>>
>>792484
No, the cardiologist I saw said it was very common in people that do a lot of running and biking and I should continue to bike. I have a sinusoidal arrhythmia, I guess my heart skips beats, he said somthing like the electrical impulse going down the heart becomes more efficient than the return impulse so it skips sometimes but its benign.
>>
>>792528

Did he mention anything about an enlarged heart (cardiomegaly)?
>>
I'm more of a runner than a cyclist. Moreover, I haven't been cyclist as much as usual this past year.

My resting heart rate is usually between 38 and 48.

When I ran a lot, I used to black out after sitting up too quickly a lot.
>>
File: 6ea.png (473 KB, 555x748) Image search: [Google]
6ea.png
473 KB, 555x748
>>792453
I was behind her waiting for a time trial start and she was in a skinsuit of course, pic related.

There's a few threads on slowtwitch about RHR and the consensus normally is it isn't really an indicator of fitness level or predictor of v02 max.
>>
>>792534
I had a stress test and a ultrasound that happened right after that to look at my heart function, I think it said on the report possible hypertrophy? I dunno, I think its just one ventricle of the heart gets really strong.

I think a lower than 60 RHR in people who exercise indicated just a general level of fitness that is at least really good, there seems to be people who are really fit who have hearts generally normal size with really dense and strong muscle which is RHRs in the 50s, but elite world class endurance athletes hearts have become much larger, which only comes from years and years of consistent low intensity aerobic conditioning. Their RHRs are in the 30s/40s. Kind of a messy explanation is that low intensity aerobic work (base stuff) makes the heart larger and higher intensity work makes the heart muscles denser and stronger. You see tons of dudes that can put up times close to pros on KOMs and stuff, with their HRs in the 180s, 190s and a lot of pros top out down in the 160s on their high efforts because their heart is a lot larger (more stroke volume).
>>
>>792568
>When I ran a lot, I used to black out after sitting up too quickly a lot.
I'm 6'4", I've always had the problem of my head swimming a bit if I got up from sitting or a prone position too quickly, but in the last 6 years of training for road racing, it's actually gotten worse. Manageable, though, I just have to not stand up quickly.
>>
Like 74.

Help me /fit/bots. I'm 23/m, wanna get fit and have a shitty bike bought at a flea market for 30$. Hate running but biking is pleasant once the fucking snow clears once and for all.

Is it too late to enlarge heart and lower resting rate to the fifties?

I've also almost always gotten head rush from standing up too fast after sitting for a long time. Then again, I am 6'3"..
>>
50-55 BMP, pretty good for 6ft 190llbs, I am fairly lean though, cover a 10k at a 7:30 avg but can still easily ohp 155lbs for reps. Came from fit, love the weights but the bicycle clears the head like nothing else.
>>
>>792509
>Of course none of this means anything without knowing my entire medical history..
like the doctor did?
>>
>>792509

I dont like you.
>>
68 at the moment,and I think today have more bpm because it's hot here and I can feel a high pressure.Usually my pressure is extremely low and my heart beats slowly.

>>792673

All you need is a bike that works,and then,ride it at high cadence,try to stay 20-25 minutes with high bpm each ride,not sure if you can lower your rate very much,but I'm sure you will get more stamina and overal health.
>>
56BPM
Oddly enough I can control my breathing and make it 48 or so, not sure how that works.
>>
>>792673
I started riding at 29 right after I quit smoking
I smoked for 7 years before and was in terrible shape. After 2 years of about 6-10 hours a week on the bike its down in the 40s sometimes.

If you weren't into it for competitive purposes, if you were consistent with doing 30 minutes every morning on a trainer or 60 minutes on the road at a moderate BPM (say if your max HR is 195, and you rode for 30 minutes at 145-155bpm) you'd be in pretty excellent shape in a couple months. Lower intensity stuff is really more beneficial as you can do it consistently and it doesn't zap your energy the way higher intensity stuff does...at least thats with me. I did an experiment where I did nothing but low intensity stuff (about 10 hours on a trainer a week at 150bpm avg.) At the end of the month my Z2 was 180w, my 5 minute power was 320w and my 20 minute was 248w at 135lbs. Then I did a month of less trainer time (about 6 hours avg.) but all tempo and sweet spot stuff- my z2 dropped to 155-160w, my 5 minute went down to 280w and my 20 minute went down to 237 at 136lbs.
>>
85 resting
168 rolling along fine could do it all day
183 o-max before lactic acid stats building up
207 absolute limit (no more than a 15sec burst)
>>
>>792789
40yo M
96kg (~222lbs)
175cm (5'8")

riding bicycles for 22+years legs like telegraph poles, upper body average
>>
>>792418
Wow she even has her own wikipedia page,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Tetrick
so much info about here
>>
resting in the 90s
riding pack fodder mode against national team guys on the track
probably racing at a higher level than most people in this thread with much lower heart rates

if races were decided on vitals metrics there wouldnt be races, there would be measuring contests on a stage judged by doctors.
>>
>>792418

Resting pulse was around 35-45 when i was 20. At age 45 after more than 10 years of no training at all with plenty of god food, beers and gaining like 18 kilos the resting pulse was 85.

At first i started noticing my friends getting heart attacks, blood clothing and kidney failures and i suspected that i myself was not in perfect health but what really got me worried was when trying to climb a mountain which was easy when i was 20 but now i got no further than 100m or so before almost fainting.

So for the last 1.5 years i have been training a lot and my resting pulse has gotten down from 85 to 55 but still i feel far from fit. Maybe since i am 47 will never feel fit again but i hope.
>>
>>792872
what type of track racing do you do?
>>
>>792418
64 BPM

Not bad considering how shitty I eat and how little I excercise.
>>
>>792418
~50

>>792940
>Not bad considering how shitty I eat
and this.

but i commute on my bike, so maybe thats something to do with it.
>>
>>792418
chillin at about ~60 which is p good considering last time i checked i was at 90+ cuz of my shit diet. now im living that <5% body fat life
>>

not good, i used to be down to 45 within the last year
>>
File: 1420922294236.jpg (39 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1420922294236.jpg
39 KB, 400x266
I love her...
>>
File: Slow.jpg (213 KB, 896x778) Image search: [Google]
Slow.jpg
213 KB, 896x778
18 y.o. who likes to cycle and lift, never done anything competitive or serious athletic training
>>
>>793129
goddamn i just want to put some cream on those tities and shave all that nasty hair off
>>
resting HR can go up and down a lot depending on form

when your blood volume is super high it will be really slow, if you stop riding for a couple weeks, your blood volume will drop a ton and your HR will go up a lot while still being in relatively the same shape.
>>
>>793129
your chest looks weak are you sure you lift?
>>
>>793129

Dear god, was the picture necessary?
>>
>>793129
Dude I'm trying to eat here
>>
>>792418
>manlets have a higher resting heart rate
>>
>>792418
64, and i literally never leave bed except to go to work or grocery shopping or play video games

i just bought a bike to stop being so lazy, havent really ridden it yet
>>
>>792418
87bpm.. am I gonna die?
>>
>>793428
Eat more wheaties
>>
>>793428
No. RHR is not an indicator of fitness. The variability of it is too high.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate

Even maximal heart rate is not a good indicator.
>>
>>793608
this sounds like when fat people say fat is not unhealthy... 87 bpm at what height and weight? your 5ft tall and wiegh 200 lbs, yes your going to die. you exercise and eat right, then no your probably fine or sufferer from some kind of defect.
>>
Why is a low heart rate good?
>>
>>793644
Did you ever fucking paid attention in highschool ?
>>
>>793644
because a heart can only beat so many times
>>
>>793608

Nigga, you fucken stupid.

>>793644

RHR ranges anywhere from 60-100 BPM. Anything above or below can be indicative of some problem. That being said, professional athletes are known for having RHR BPM's in the 40-50's.
>>
Generic bicycle thread that doesn't offend mods. Pls no delete.

Itt: pls
>pls no culture
>pls no individuality
>pls no offensive material
>only generic bicycle talk
>pls no bully
>pls no delete
>>
File: IMGP3949.jpg (241 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3949.jpg
241 KB, 1000x662
I have a resting heart rate of 34 bpm, it also doesn't get much higher than that no matter what I'm doing because of a fairly serious heart condition. I got my third pacemaker put in about a week ago so it's regulated to about 70 bpm now.

Pic related.
>>
>>793651
Why are their BPM so low?
>>
>>793650
This is pop sci and a myth. the numbers that you see are averages, not hard limits.

>>793651
Alright, let me rewrite it then. like you said between 60-100bpm as normal. Above it you start to suspect pathology. Below 60 you also suspect pathology, unless the patient is known to be fit.

Cardiac hypertrophy and sinus bradycardia is common in professional athletes more so than the layperson but there are lots of professional athletes that have high resting heart rates despite having very high levels of cardiac fitness.

rate of decrease in heart rate from exertion is a much better estimation of cardiac fitness.

>>793929
Their hearts are larger because of a physiological response to the stress it faces from exercise. The heart gets bigger, stroke volume goes up, the heart needs to beat less/min to beat the same amt of blood
>>
>>794030

Aight nigga, respect. You a med bro btw?
>>
>>794032
Yeah man. You're not wrong at all, but its a bitch to generalise human physiology when it's so fucking variable.
>>
File: 1237252048102.jpg (45 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
1237252048102.jpg
45 KB, 380x247
38. Diagnosed with cardiomegaly which will kill me eventually.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.