[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IIRC there was some recumbent guy who absolutely btfo everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 155478.jpg (162 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
155478.jpg
162 KB, 500x311
IIRC there was some recumbent guy who absolutely btfo everyone so it was banned. But suppose you could cross a handcycle with a bicycle and somehow utilize your arm strength too, could you participate in UCI races? Is there any way you can hack around the UCI rules?
>>
>>937544
the UCI is a tool of bike companies how, who don't want to have to change their products much.
If the UCI wanted to be totally fair with competition, each year they would designate the exact bike setup that everyone had to use: what tires, what tubes, what frame, what fork, what seat, what handlebars, ect, every little part specified exactly,,,, but that wouldn't go well with the normal bike companies who sponsor teams now, would it? And without the organized teams the media rights value would plunge.

--------

Anyway-
there have been IHPVA bikes and trikes that had foot and hand cranks to use arm and leg strength combined; none of them did well in competitions. The consensus seems to be that the (hard) use of your arms interferes a lot with breathing. The bikes weighed more also.
Go ask on the recumbents.com site if you want to hear more.

There have been a few hand & foot-crank upright bikes produced through the years, mostly as home-builts, but there's been a few prototypes/limited factory runs too. The last one I recall posted online, the owner said that you don't use your arms for very long because they get tired very quickly compared to your legs.
>>
>>937544
you could have a hydrolic handicycle handlebar for front wheel drive with rear wheel drive with pedals
>>
>>937788
wait, you don't even need hydrolic, it's in line with front wheel so you could just have a straight chain line
>>
>>937788
>>937790
Please, draw your concept.
>>
>>937777
>If the UCI wanted to be totally fair with competition, each year they would designate the exact bike setup that everyone had to use...
It works alright for keirin in Japan, but from what little I know, keirin runs more on gambling than the sport fans
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.