[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why I, as a rural german, shouldnt get a two-wheel tractor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 185.jpg (57 KB, 450x313) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
57 KB, 450x313
Tell me why I, as a rural german, shouldnt get a two-wheel tractor

>got ~5000m2 garden behind the house (1,2 acres)
>Part groomed lawn
>Part veggie patch
>Part meadows
>Got wood to saw, store and transport around the land
>Have to dig the patches every year by hand
>Mowing the meadows is a pain in the ass.

So I'm higly interested in buying pic related. We got tons of these old 50s/60s/70s two wheelers which would solve basically all of my problems

>Can mount a trailer and even drive on roads without registration (because <20km/h)
>Can mount plows, harrow, mower and even a jigsaw
>They are like 500-1500 Euros from private sellers

And I could repair it (ex-apprentice as car mechanic now working inna different field) on my own.

So /n/, is there any reason that could or should talk me out of it?

Thx in advance
>>
We actually have those things.

Don't get anything too old, they are cool machines but eventually what happens is the cylinder casing will crack and you'll have to replace the engine. If it's not too old you can buy a diesel engine replacement from India for very cheap and it will basically drop into the chassis and bolt right up. If you buy something antique you won't be able to do that.

Also be warned when tilling with them:
1. Keep your feet safe lol
2. They are quite strenuous on the body, it's not a walk in the park when tilling/plowing beware not to hurt your back

You might also want to consider something smaller than pic related.

We have a 6.5hp diesel that is more than good enough for all terrain and a lighter 3hp petrol that we have to use to cultivate some gardens which are atop a very steep hill.
>>
>>930619
That's not a rototiller
>>
>>930612
Rigid Ford 9N w/ slicks
>>
>>930619
Well, I was planning to get a Holder (the brand name) B6 or B8 which are the smallest ones - The one in my pic was just an example. It would actually be too large for me because I have some very tight spots on my land where this thing would have to fit thorugh.

They are alle made in the late 50s / early 60s and virtually are built like a tank - so no cracking of cylinder casings: I read in some forums and engine problems are virtually unknown. They are two stroke gas engines, some are diesel. Air cooled so no coolant circle that can break.
>>
>>930612
>ex-apprentice as car mechanic

What happened? Did you realise you didn't like being a mechanic?
>>
Oh shit I want really to get ass fucked in that trailer, my man pussy is totally asking for it.
>>
>>930940
No, I acutally finished the apprenticeship but that was in the mid-00s when nobody hired rooky mechanics. So I went back to school and finally got me a technical degree.
>>
>>>/diy/
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.