[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
This seems like the only place this thread would fit, and this is my first post on this board so bear with me.

I'm thinking about getting my CDL and becoming an OTR trucker. Are there any anons here with experience in that field who can tell me a bit about it?

I like driving, I like being alone, I'm goal-oriented, and I can hold my piss for a while. It seems like I'd make a pretty good trucker.

Also, due to social anxiety and awkwardness, it feels like it would be the only job I'd be comfortable in.

Pic kind of related, you guys seem to like bikes a lot.
>>
bump
pls halp
>>
I have no experience with any of the things you've mentioned. But I do have experience in not following my dreams. Anon, if your dream is to drive trucks for thousands upon thousands of kilometers or miles, and to be a sweaty cabin monkey, you chase that dream! Shaq once said, "I'm not a sandwich I'm a hero on a low carb diet." Chase that sandwich anon. Eat it and savor it because once it's your time to die. Shaq will take your place.

This could help too: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-life-of-a-commercial-truck-driver-like

Remember, love yourself and your ass will FOLLOW
>>
>>912849
go to /o/, search catalog for "truckerfag"
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (40 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
40 KB, 592x480
>>912849
I came to /n/ for the same reason as you anon. I've been talking to some people and researching it. Our type really seems the type to do it. Let's get out there man. I'm serious. I hope to see you on the road someday. In the meantime this site has helped me a lot and this article was the first to talk me into it.

http://www.truckingtruth.com/trucking_blogs/Article-6/so-youre-thinking-about-becoming-a-truck-driver
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.