[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /n/, I have a problem. I recently moved to a very, shall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: bike.jpg (50 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
50 KB, 620x465
Hey /n/, I have a problem.

I recently moved to a very, shall we say "urban" area, and it hasn't happened to me (yet!), but seeing some of the residents, I'm very worried about my bike getting stolen.

What are some of the best ways to prevent bike theft, or vandalism?

I've considered buying a gun to ride around with, but I imagine they'd be packing more heat than me, and that would only keep me partially safe when I was actually with my bike.
>>
use 2 or 3 Looks simultaounoisly, that should work, mostly
>>
File: SeatLock.jpg (36 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
SeatLock.jpg
36 KB, 320x240
>>910334
>I've considered buying a gun to ride around with, but I imagine they'd be packing more heat than me.

I don't live anywhere I'm worried about getting mugged, but that sounds like crazy talk. The bike thieves are opportunistic. They'll cut a chain, steal just a seat or wheel, or hacksaw a tree. But having a boomstick or a DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE probably isn't a thing that would help you. Especially since you are going to be inside when some motherfucker is manhandling your bike.

Just park smart. You don't have to be perfect, just better than the assholes nearby who are about to have their bikes stolen.
>The bikes live out of sight in the garage or apartment.
>When parking at your bodega or wherever, 2+ solid ulocks so both wheels are secure to the frame and the frame is secure to the rack. And make sure the rack is secure to the ground.
>Actually, lock all quick release parts to the frame.
>Don't leave anything out overnight.

Also, get a beater. They're there to get beat.
>>
>>910346
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
oh here we go...
>>
>>910471
>Check your bike privilege, motherfucker.
not even /pol/ but i'm curious why you are so bothered by something so trivial and frivolous at such a remark that anon made, are you from reddit or something?
>>
>>910334
Why did you move to a niggerhood?
>>
>>910334
paint your face black
>>
>>910334
>ITT: OP is scared of black people
>>
>>910485
They just sort of live everywhere here.
>>
>>910473
Autism thats what. >>910473
>>
>>910523
U lock is your friend. So are lamps if at night, and don't leave it chained up all night. Or buy a fixie, niggers cant figure them out
>>
File: U-Lock Justice.jpg (224 KB, 1128x1500) Image search: [Google]
U-Lock Justice.jpg
224 KB, 1128x1500
Use a U-lock, and sometimes use it for locking.
>>
File: 1447898579273.jpg (27 KB, 304x360) Image search: [Google]
1447898579273.jpg
27 KB, 304x360
>>910334
Never ever leave your bike locked outside unless you want to walk home or take the bus.
>>
I live in Chi-raq...>>910668
What he said.....

Also, if you like your bike and leave it outside. B ready to get it jacked
>>
>>910655
>>910471
>>910346
you sound triggered as fuck brah, chill out kek
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.