[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camelbak hygiene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1325_smoke_l.jpg (21 KB, 386x524) Image search: [Google]
1325_smoke_l.jpg
21 KB, 386x524
Ever since I switched to a camelbak from a screw top oxo water bottle, I've been worried about drinking germs. I figure maybe it's a fashion from people who only ride in immaculately groomed sterile conditions.

Where I ride I constantly ride over pancaked dried up rats, live rats, partially squashed fresh rats with guts everywhere, mummfied pigeons, heaps of bird shit, occasional human shit, garbage juice gushing out of overfilled steaming dumpsters, and in the autumn, piles of putrifying leaves. Last month there was even a dead body, although the city took him away quickly and there wasn't much of a mess.

Anyway point being, what's the point of these things? Just to collect germs? I'd rather stop and unscrew, at least it keeps the water clean.

I mean yeah it's de rigueur to elegantly pull the camelbak from the bottle cage and take a squirt while spinning along like a Real Cyclist but is it really worth it unless you ride in a pristine velodrome with immaculate wood beneath your tires?
>>
If your streets are that dirty you should use fenders anyway. And those should protect your bottle too.

The normal street dust that collects on the valve isnĀ“t that dangerous and just the same stuff you breathe in anyway. Just clean it after every ride. You know you can disassemble the valve, right?
>>
>>898729
Of course I use fenders, that's a given for anyone who rides for transport. This is /n/ - Transportation, isn't it?
>Just clean it after every ride
That doesn't really make sense to me, first of all it's a given that you'd clean your bottle every day, but second, who drinks from a camelbak bottle when not riding a bike? The problem is the shit that gets in there when you're on the bike. Which can happen from road spray (from cars and other bikes), among other things. Fenders aren't 100%.
>>
Cover the nozzle with plastic bag and seal with a rubber band? Not the most elegant but it should work.
>>
I often don't ride with water. I drink a glass or two right before my ride, and that keeps me hydrated.

Overhydration can be just as bad as dehydration. And a little dehydration is not bad for the body at all.
>>
>Bottles in a velodrome
Even without mudguards, the downtube does a good job of keeping the nozzle free from debris.

>who drinks from a camelbak bottle when not riding a bike?
I do. I disassemble it and put it in the dishwasher every three days or so.
>>
Get something like this. Don't they make caps to camelbacks?
>>
>>898736
Casual
>>
>>898740
This
>>
>>898719
stow it upside down.

And grow an immune system.
>>
>>898843
Oh I bet you didnt get vaccines for polio, tetanus and all that shit when you were a kid right? You so strong and tuff, fighting off all germs and stuff.
>>
>>898731
>who drinks from a camelbak bottle when not riding a bike
I have a Camelbak bottle at work. Though it's an old better bottle but it's still awesome. Even if it falls over on my desk or I drop it accidentally it won't soak up my keyboard and laptop or make a huge mess.
>>
>>899027
It's a little bit disturbing how widespread these misconceptions about communicable diseases are.
Over on /ck/ we have people advocating never washing your hands because it causes autism or something.
>>
>>898719
I put a little sandwich bag over the top of it.
>>
>>899041
/ck/ is an awful board and should be deleted
>>
>>898719
If you worry about that, I suggest you join the helmet thread right over here >>898816

What's with all the pussies today? Where are my GETREKT peeps?
>>
>>899319
Op here. I wear a helmet at all times, and even use lights at night. You mad?
>>
File: 0067 (2).png (343 KB, 1219x771) Image search: [Google]
0067 (2).png
343 KB, 1219x771
YO DUDE WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO DO IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY CONCERNED ABOUT "GERMS" IS TREAT THE WATER. IF YOU ARE LITERALLY RIDING THROUGH SHIT ALL DAY LIKE A FAGGOT IT'S NOT GOING TO MATTER WHAT BOTTLE YOU HAVE. LOOK INTO WATER PURIFICATION ADDITIVES. UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO DISTILL IT WHILE YOU ARE RIDING.

OR YOU COULD JUST USE YOUR BRAIN AND MAKE A CAP FOR YOUR CAMELBAK PODIUMS (ONE OF THE BEST BOTTLES).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.